Visa extension.

46 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I had my 400,000 Baht in a fixed deposit account in my name. My wife went to the bank with my passport and bank book and told the teller I had asked her to withdraw 100,000 Baht. She said it was for an emergency. She said I was in another city and could not attend in person.

The teller, after consulting the bank manager, gave her the 100,000 Baht.

She then went to another Branch of the same bank and did the same thing. Again, they allowed her to withdraw another 100,000 Baht 'in my name'.

Is she still your wife?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

Just being Captain Obvious, but if this guy is on a retirement visa that his wife just blew up, then why not just reapply for an extension based on marriage?  Then there are no restrictions on the bank funds other than seasoning 400,000 THB.

That would not be possible if it happened to me, because I would not have a wife any more on which to base my extension.

5 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Sometimes when my wife is going out and I'm feeling like being reckless and throwing caution to the wind I'll ask her to get a 1000 baht for me from the atm, won't be doing that again after reaching this thread..

Shouldn't be a problem if you have your THB in a Term Deposit Account.

That  account must be in your name only. 

My wife has emergency access to my card, but not regular.  I can't trust her with money; have money, spend money, next week will look after itself is the attitude.  I keep telling her that when it's gone, it's gone (not strictly true, but......  ????).

I've started paying spending money (she doesn't work) into her bank account monthly instead of putting it in her hand, and pushing her to leave something in there each month.  I'm hoping that actually having some money and seeing it grow may help.  Not counting on it though.  ????

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

There is this thing called an ATM card, with an associated PIN number for   savings accounts, and some men even trust their wives to know and access their accounts.  He was obviously one.  Got it now???

That would take eight days with my bank using a ATM . Got it now?

11 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

My wife has emergency access to my card, but not regular.  I can't trust her with money; have money, spend money, next week will look after itself is the attitude.  I keep telling her that when it's gone, it's gone (not strictly true, but......  ????).

I've started paying spending money (she doesn't work) into her bank account monthly instead of putting it in her hand, and pushing her to leave something in there each month.  I'm hoping that actually having some money and seeing it grow may help.  Not counting on it though.  ????

Long as the women here  can not gain access to credit all will work well with your strategy.

25 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

What a nasty judgmental post. "he should go home". How dare you! He is home with his, albeit untrustworthy, wife.

BTW I'm one of those people who "live pretty lean here".

Just a fool showing his ignorance. He thinks he can fully assess the situation without even knowing all the details. Maybe the guy has money in his home country and it's just a matter of him being able to season the funds, so he can renew. 

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

Just my wallet being on the table is enough to stop my Mrs dead in her tracks, can't help but to get her hands in and have a good rummage.think il have to start putting it down my pants..

9 hours ago, tonray said:

Why ? Are you incapable of managing your own money ?

While it is OK to ask why, it is totally inappropriate to make any sort of assumption or insinuation as to the why.  He later explained quite succinctly in a reply to your comments.  Joint accounts are sometimes very essential for various reasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Although I have an atm card for 

Local BB and overseas account, which the Mrs could use, I recently took her to the local branch (now closed and outside machines "out of service " due to covid) to get her as a registered signatory to the savings account which holds my immigration money...because, being over 70, unvaccinated etc, I wanted her to be able to access it if i kick the bucket.

However she knows very well the importance of keeping the required money in there for annual extensions. 

Btw,  she provides the 400k from her business to leap through that hoop annually. 

well done sir for thinking of your wife should you pass.  However, I have heard stories of accounts being frozen even if the other half has access and joint ownership.  Reasons cited have been, possible money's owed, liens, not to mention just some meanness or some bad things, etc.   Will in order?

7 hours ago, XJPSX said:

If that’s all he has got he should go home. That’s the minimum requirement which is not a lot.

Some people must live pretty lean here.

Wifey is already one step ahead and sees the writing on the wall,hence the withdrawals without him knowing. Oh a marriage made in heaven.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, XJPSX said:

If that’s all he has got he should go home. That’s the minimum requirement which is not a lot.

Some people must live pretty lean here.

mmmm. You have, literally, no idea about his financial situation.

Whether he has bazillions in other accounts / countries or not, I think you are in the wrong place if you judge people, and pontificate on what they should do, by their bank balances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Is she still your wife?

Ha Ha. Yes. We came to an 'understanding'. At least she finally up and told me in enough time for me to replenish the money before my next marriage extension was due.

I might not have noticed because she had torn out the page from the bankbook with the new amount. I did confront the bank (over why they let someone else withdraw my money) and they were very apologetic.

Edited by Stevemercer

1 hour ago, Sundown said:

So your wife speaks to another woman then she speaks to you and then you run on a forum to gossip some story about some unknown person...Jesus Christ get an hobby

I like, but no need to bring JC into it

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

First story in a book called bible: 

Adam and Eve were the only 2 humans in paradise.

Eve was naughty and that brought them..... out of paradise.

I rest my case.

Indeed, misogyny did not originate with this forum. It dates back to the dawn of human history.

16 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

First story in a book called bible: 

Adam and Eve were the only 2 humans in paradise.

Eve was naughty and that brought them..... out of paradise.

I rest my case.

It would have been OK...but God said she could only eat half the apple after 3 months and still had to keep the remaining half until the next extension.

Edited by tonray
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, hotchilli said:

My question is how did she get his card multiple time and take out 200,000 baht?

That is not that hard.  When at home do you carry your wallet everywhere.  I found out that mine used it on days that I was at home just took it out of the wallet sitting on the desk and put it back when she was done.

When I caught her the first time it lined up with me using what I thought was a dodgy atm machine reported it to police she agreed that it must have been then.  Foolish me I trusted her.

• Like 1