Allowance to the maid after death of the foreign employer

geovalin

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, funded it myself from my earnings, why do you ask?    

You seem to be under the impression that maids in Thailand generally have pension plans provided by their employers, any reason for that?

Expand  

Why would you ever come to that understanding, the question was did YOU end up with a pension or  retirement plan. 

"...the question was did YOU end up with a pension..."

Yes, I know that, my question was "why are you asking me that"?  What's its relevance to anything?

"Why would you ever come to that understanding?"

I understood that to be your assumption, perfectly reasonably, because you asked me about my pension arrangements on a thread in which some posters were suggesting that this maid should also be in entitled to a pension.

40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I know that, my question was "why are you asking me that"?  What's its relevance to anything?

I understood that to be your assumption, perfectly reasonably, because you asked me about my pension arrangements on a thread in which some posters were suggesting that this maid should also be in entitled to a pension.

Why, because the inference of your post I responded to was your comment that "she was paid well, so why should she get any extra" - leading to my response - that you were probably paid well and ended up or will end up with extra's on retirement - so why shouldn't she get a golden hand shake?

Edited by Artisi
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Artisi said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Why, because the inference of your post I responded to was your comment that "she was paid well, so why should she get any extra" - leading to my response - that you were probably paid well and ended up or will end up with extra's on retirement - so why shouldn't she get a golden hand shake?

You shouldn't make assumptions like that because you'd be wrong,  particularly assumptions that are irrelevant to a Thai maid's employment.

Seems extraordinary to me that anybody could consider this an adequate inheritance. This woman is the most important person in his life now, and likely has been for many many years. and seems to me the inheritance should reflect that. Of course we don’t know how wealthy the op is Nor how high the salary is