Offered second generation Moderna for next year.

MrJ2U

I was sent an email from Bangkok Udon Thani Hospital. 

It was offering sign ups for second generation Moderna vaccines for next year.

I registered and paid for 3 people, 4950.00 Total.

Has anyone else recieved something similar?

I've already paid and registered for the first generation Moderna supposedly coming in October.

Screenshot_20210813-192906.jpg

What makes you think this is Moderna V.2?

Maybe it's follow-on batches of Original Moderna?

Moderna V.2 is at least a year away from being available here.

It looks like you only purchased one dose each for three people. Is that the recommended dosage? Will this be a single-dose regimen?

This Phase 1 study will evaluate three dose levels, 10 µg, 30 µg, and 100 µg, of the mRNA-1283 vaccine candidate given to healthy adults as a 2-dose series, 28 days apart, and one dose level, 100 µg, of mRNA-1283 given to healthy adults in a single dose. These will be compared with a 2-dose series of 100 µg of mRNA-1273, the currently authorized dose level. mRNA-1283 is intended to be evaluated in futures studies for use as a booster dose for previously vaccinated or seropositive and in a primary series for seronegative individuals.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/2021/03/15/modernas-second-generation-covid-19-vaccine-candidate-launches-study

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

It was offering sign ups for second generation Moderna vaccines for next year.

The second lot that will be imported into Thailand, not second generation.

They expect it between May and November. I would assume that in one year there will be quite a supply of Pfizer etc. available as well, no need to pay now to book something.

Edited by jackdd

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

The second lot that will be imported into Thailand, not second generation.

They expect it between May and November. I would assume that in one year there will be quite a supply of Pfizer etc. available as well, no need to pay now to book something.

Heres the email:

Second generation is pointed out:

COVID-19 and will be used to inject the immune system in 2022 with this second-generation vaccine. It has developed the strains of the covid virus to be more suitable.

Dear Valued Customers,

Because at present, the coronavirus has mutated. This makes it necessary to develop vaccines to help build a more appropriate and healthy immune system.

The Association of Private Hospitals is in the process of opening reservations for the 2nd Moderna vaccine against COVID-19 and will be used to inject the immune system in 2022 with this second-generation vaccine. It has developed the strains of the covid virus to be more suitable. Therefore, Bangkok Hospital Udon would like to provide information for you to consider as detailed below.

1.       The vaccine to be reserved is the Moderna Lot 2 vaccine.

2.       The hospital must notify the total number of vaccination orders to private hospital associations by 28 July 2021.

3.       The private hospital must sign a contract with the Government Pharmaceutical Organization on August 10, 2021, and pay for all vaccines booked by August 16, 2021.

4.       The manufacturer will deliver the vaccine around May 2022 – November 2022 when Bangkok Hospital Udon has received the vaccine. Vaccination appointments will be scheduled with the vaccination prescriber in accordance with the vaccine payment order.

5.       A Reservation expresses an intention to pre-book vaccines from the Pharmaceutical Organization. Therefore, the private hospital association cannot guarantee the amount that can be provided, including the time limit for delivery.

6.       If there is a need to buy more than the number of vaccines that the Government Pharmaceutical Organization has, the allocation is based on the discretion of the Board of the Private Hospital Association.

7.       The schedule is subject to change as appropriate.

8.       The vaccine is administered in two doses with two injections approximately 4 weeks apart from the first dose (data has not been confirmed by the vaccine manufacturer).

9.       *Vaccine subscribers should consider the benefits that will be gained from prescribing in comparison to Various risks that may arise, such as There may be vaccines made by other vaccine manufacturers that are better or more suitable, and in cases where there may be oral drugs used to treat the coronavirus vaccine (as with Tamiflu/Oseltamivir used to treat bird flu). The vaccine is used against the coronavirus. It is something that the market is in short supply of and it takes a long time to order and receive the vaccine*

In Conclusion:

1.       If you require to order Moderna vaccine Lot. 2, please consider the following:
Please make a booking via the link: https://shop.line.me/@226nkcrf/product/321061220

downloaded

2.       The booking price is 1,650 baht/dose and is inclusive of insurance in case of an allergic reaction to vaccines and other service fees as specified by The Private Hospital Association of Thailand. However, this price is a temporary setting. The actual price will be determined by The Private Hospital Association of Thailand, which may result in the hospital having to refund the price reduction or the person booking having to add money. (This case is less likely to occur.)

3.       The hospital reserves the right to refund in all cases because the hospital has to transfer the subscription money to the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, but if later you do not require to be vaccinated, you can transfer the right to others to receive vaccination instead within the time specified by the hospital.

4.       Moderna vaccine Lot.2 has a limited number and booking period. Therefore, please carefully consider all the details that the hospital has presented above. The hospital reserves the right to refund the booking price if the hospital has been allocated insufficient vaccines for the amount ordered. The hospital will consider the sequence of time for transferring money for the vaccine reservation.

5.       The government has allocated the COVID-19 vaccine to the general public "without cost". Booking the COVID-19 vaccine with private hospitals is one option that people can choose to receive services, "but you have to be responsible for your own expenses."

Bangkok Hospital Udon would like to express its gratitude for your trust. We are delighted to offer what is beneficial to you with complete openness and transparency for the benefit of service recipients.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

It's dangerous to prepay for anything in Thailand. I was just reading about other foreigners paying for vaccines and then getting cut off and getting nothing. I just left Thailand this week, arrived in the US and got my first Moderna jab at a local pharmacy for free. I feel so much better having left the mess that is Thailand behind.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

It's dangerous to prepay for anything in Thailand. I was just reading about other foreigners paying for vaccines and then getting cut off and getting nothing. I just left Thailand this week, arrived in the US and got my first Moderna jab at a local pharmacy for free. I feel so much better having left the mess that is Thailand behind.

I know but that's the only way to reserve Moderna.

We've already booked and paid for the ones expected in October.

I can't fly to the USA.  I've got my entire family here and business.

Disgusting making people pay for vaccines.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

The next gen are said to be cheaper, better, cheaper

These are second generation.

30 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Full disclosure: I prepaid for Moderna (1st gen, due in October, 2021). 2X for two people, 6,800 THB.

Thats why I'm reserving it.

Its second generation.

I dont want to be in the back of the line.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Full disclosure: I prepaid for Moderna (1st gen, due in October, 2021). 2X for two people, 6,800 THB.

I paid the same.

Udon Thani Bankok Hospital is offering refunds for the price difference.

No idea how much.

Hopefully we get our shots in October.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Meh.

"Dangerous" really?

I prepay for airline, bus, train tickets.

I (sometimes) prepay for hotels and rental cars.

I prepay for insurance.

I prepay for housing.

Prepaying for this vaccine is a bit like insurance. And each individual has to analyze their own situation.

Of course you prepaid for your airline ticket? Right?

Yes, we all know vaccines are free in the U.S., and that they are very easy to get. Olde news.

If you don't pre pay your not getting Moderna.