TAT's 2022 tourism assessments: The numbers are dizzying as Thailand aims for World Top 5

webfact

Nocturnal Commissions? These guys must lay awake all night rubbing their...hands together thinking of all the money that (isn't?) out there. Seriously though (as if I wasn't to begin with) I think it shows just how desperate these gov. offices are. I'm not surprised though...what I am surprised about is that with these ideas, they aren't selling tickets for tourist to come and watch their 'space hub' launches.

What part of 2022 do they mean? My guess is there will be absolutely no international tourists for the first 9 months of that year, given there are less than 4 months before it starts. This means that no high season 2021/2022.

TAT are guessing too. When trying to predict the future in the tourist/covid context, I think there should be some semblance of perspective, that is, short, medium and long term strategy that takes account of the covid situation, difficult to predict in itself; how the supply chain will start again and recover from two years of stagnation, regarding accommodations, entertainment, National Parks, restaurants, and the general nightlife, etc. What consultation is or will there be between tourist operators, agents, accommodations of all sorts, restaurants? Yes, the beaches, the mountains are still there. But the Thai people to serve and earn a living, are not there and who knows if many will ever return?

Short, medium and long term are indeterminate as we don't really know when things can even start moving towards "normality" (that to me means the long term) with confidence. Another guess, without reliable information, is that short term is at least one year, medium term, 3 years and long term 5 years,

One only needs to walk around most of the popular tourist areas right now to discover that there is dilapidation and ruin staring you in the face, showing clearly that the tourist industry has a lot of repair work to do, both in practical and 'branding' terms; almost having to re-invent the wheel.

I really do wish it will happen for them and for the people of Thailand and for those potential tourists either experienced or new, to visit this beautiful country.

I like my peace and quiet but I don't like to see everywhere as a ghost town.

• Like 2

Worse case is if Covid continues into next year because of new variant's, Sub par vaccines or not enough vaccines. Guess they think their is no way this happens. Just like they  thought no way would Covid be out of control with 7000 dead and rising, close to 1 million infected, approaching 24,000 cases a day and depending on other countries to donate vaccines so they can use as boosters because Thai government choose the Chinese Sinovac for Healthcare workers. All as of today 08/14/2021. One more thing, Thailand should have bought more Moderna, New studies shows Moderna 76% vs Pfizer 42% against Delta.  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/09/moderna-may-be-superior-to-pfizer-against-delta-variant-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time.h

Edited by club
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ozzydon said:

where is option number 4 not many tourists and not much money they are dreaming again

Bottom line,  people will not holiday in a Country that clearly doesnt have a clue how to look after their own people. The Gov't of Thailand has been see globally as a bunch of money grabbing opportunists that simply cannot be trusted.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreign tourists numbers 10 million spending 620 billion baht

Where are these people going to be coming from, between pandemic, loss of income and cost of airfares, with the exception of the loyal Chinese scouting for the best investments?

At lockdown prices of course

• Like 1

nothing but delusional  and the only purpose, for posting this BS,  is to divert people's attention from their complete failures (too many and not enough space to list them 555)

delusional
/dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l/

adjective

• 1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder: "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
  • Like 2

There is one silver lining to the crass incompetence on display by how the Thai "leadership" has been handling this crisis; and that is, many MBA collegiate programs will be able to offer their students the opportunity to produce Masters theses about what NOT to do in this type of crisis.

Edited by WingFat

There is one silver lining to the crass incompetence on display by how the Thai "leadership" has been handling this crisis; and that is, many MBA collegiate programs will be able to offer their students the opportunity to produce Masters theses about what NOT to do in this type of crisis.

TAT meeting head of TAT - we need some good numbers lets go round the table

Head of TAT - I have 1 good idea

Next - nil ideas

Next - nil ideas etc for the next 11 people

Head of TAT putting his splif down - I know I will combine these ideas 1000000000000

Head of TAT next time we need more people in the meeting.

As the Phuket kitty litter box proved it took nanoseconds for the thieving scumbags to revert to type, one minute pleading for tourists to come, and as soon as some do they start to RIP them off, my, did I laugh at that ???? 

Then earlier today I read on Pattaya Mail that the local authorities are going to refuse new entertainment licences to all the buildings - whether restaurants, bars or go go's on the ocean side of Walking street, link to follow shortly.

Then you have TAT come up with some pie in the sky predictions for next year, gawd I laughed so much my sides are hurting, I think you need to be seriously drugged up to make this sh!te up.

https://pattayamail.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0bce3e0515d0797a73c960211&id=1b2347df4d&e=930bff30c0

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Where are these people going to be coming from, between pandemic, loss of income and cost of airfares, with the exception of the loyal Chinese scouting for the best investments?

At lockdown prices of course

Smoke and mirrors - lots of smoke and mirrors. 

They should be a little bit more careful out of two big reasons that the world and your people is starting to really see:

1. It is still illegal with fake news, and this is the worst kind.

2. The only reason this is in the news, is to build trust for a stronger baht. That´s called currency manipulation, and is also illegal.