Thailand’s slow procurement of jabs and revival of ‘vaccine diplomacy’

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, club said:

But refuses to help tax paying Americans like us 

So what did you spend your Covid stimulus money on?  Some Americans spent theirs on a flight home to get jabbed for free.

Edited by impulse

14 hours ago, b17 said:

Last night, just before I completed watching the 322nd sheep jump over the fence, my Thai wife tapped me on the shoulder and asked me a question about this forum. 

"If the US government has earmarked a certain percentage of the 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, why hasn't anyone started a petition to get the benefactors to pressure the recipients to come clean on their commitment to sharing the vaccine with the foreign residents of Thailand?"

I had no answer. Do any of you?

Your quest for an answer caused me to check on vaccine donations to Thailand from the US.  No information directly on website regarding vaccine to expats, however, the Vaccine donations is not 1.5 million, but 2.5 million

https://th.usembassy.gov/1-5-million-pfizer-vaccine-doses-donated-by-the-united-states-arrive-in-thailand/

1.5 Million Pfizer Vaccine Doses, Donated by the United States, Arrive in Thailand

Today, the United States donated 1,503,450 doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand.  This historic shipment, which reaffirms U.S. support to our oldest ally in Asia, arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport this morning.

We are also proud to confirm that the United States will provide an additional one million vaccine doses to Thailand – on top of the doses that arrived today – for a total of 2.5 million doses.

11 hours ago, impulse said:

So what did you spend your Covid stimulus money on?  Some Americans spent theirs on a flight home to get jabbed for free.

Put it towards ticket to USA in 2 months. Tired of waiting