Any recommendation for covid testing before flying from Bangkok to the US?

user70

Any major hospital.    We did ours (PCR) at Bangkok Hospital.   Website says 4300 Baht but on site they charged us 3800 each.   Be sure to double check that they spelled your names and copied your passport numbers correctly on your test results. 

Not sure about airport testing or if that mini clinic they have there is even operating. 

Edited by Heng
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, user70 said:

Thanks, I'm curious, why PCR and not some cheaper test?

Just to be a little more sure.   Also just in case the rules changed (not just for the US... But say if Dubai, Doha, Seoul, or Tokyo suddenly whipped out a 'anyone transiting here from Thailand within the last 14 days....' type rule) at the last minute. 

• Like 2

DR Donna...MedConsultasia.com.

Her team has their act together.

I was at Seoul going through the preflight verification process to fly onward to BKK.   Inline were two young Thai ladies returning to BKK.  Somehow they were able to board the LAX ICN portion of their trip with questionable

paperwork.  The Korean "paper-bangers" caught it and were going to send them back to LAX, rather than onward to BKK.

The young ladies were in tears.   I suggested they call Dr Donna's office immediately.  They did and problem was sorted out in minutes with the correct documents faxed and emailed to the Korean "paper-bangers".

Girlfriend and I had RT-PCR test done at Pattaya Memorial Hospital yesterday morning.  Picking up the hopefully negative results on the way to Swampy this evening, flying BKK-DXB-BOS at 1am.  Emirates website says they demand RT-PCR test within 72hrs prior to leaving Thailand.   On another website I saw that USA also needed it, and on yet another website I saw that Antigen test is actually suitable for entrance to USA.   So RT-PCR it was.

Haven't heard anything about a clinic at Swampy for pre-boarding test.

3500 baht each at Pattaya Memorial.  BKK Pattaya is 3800 reportedly.  Memorial was easy peasy.  Parked car, walked 8m across a quiet street, sat outside away from everyone while they did paperwork etc.   Downside was they make you go BEFORE the actual test, in-person, to register.  That could be because we've never been to that hospital before, though, not sure.   Seems ridiculous you can't register online or phone call though, given the situation here.  TIT.... 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:53 AM, mtls2005 said:

Neighbors left last night via DOH on QR, connecting to LAX, they're taking their children back for H.S. and College.

They used 

https://www.medconsultasia.com/

and said they were pleased with the service.

I used Medconsult about 10 days ago. Quite straightforward, booked online and about 8 or 9 in front of me but only about 20 minutes, cost 2600 baht. I did afternoon appointment, parking at the premises, on the the Thursday afternoon and got result about 5pm following day. They do earlier appointments for same day result.

9 hours ago, Skypirate said:

DR Donna...MedConsultasia.com.

Her team has their act together.

I was at Seoul going through the preflight verification process to fly onward to BKK.   Inline were two young Thai ladies returning to BKK.  Somehow they were able to board the LAX ICN portion of their trip with questionable

paperwork.  The Korean "paper-bangers" caught it and were going to send them back to LAX, rather than onward to BKK.

The young ladies were in tears.   I suggested they call Dr Donna's office immediately.  They did and problem was sorted out in minutes with the correct documents faxed and emailed to the Korean "paper-bangers".

Hmm... I think though that Thais (presuming they are travelling on Thai passports) currently don't need any kind of testing to fly home.    Just COE and AQ booking? 

Or was testing required at some point recently?