My marriage is kind of 'on the rocks', crumbling around me.

charliechoc

Some men don't realize how terrible they look, smell, act or dress.  I've seen fat rude sweaty slobs that need to take a good look in the mirror and not trying to blame women for his shortcomings. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, BritManToo said:

Disagree,

I've been married to a Brit virgin schoolteacher (degree), and to a Thai bar girl (left school age 12).

Both were equally unfaithful, both were looking for free houses. 

The Thai bar girl was much nicer in every way imaginable.

Living with a woman is always trouble, up to you to limit the trouble.

Sometimes the trouble is worth it.  There are studies out there indicating that in general, married men and women are both happier and healthier than their unmarried counterparts.  Of course that won't be true for everyone, and it's not a reason to stay in a bad relationship  - - actually the opposite, sometimes it's best to part ways and free yourself to pursue good relationship(s).     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Some men don't realize how terrible they look, smell, act or dress.  I've seen fat rude sweaty slobs that need to take a good look in the mirror and not trying to blame women for his shortcomings. 

I agree with you sort of, but as a still somewhat fat, considerate and very hygienic person (though I have lost 100 lbs in the last 18 months), I'm going to take issue with your fat-shaming example. I've seen plenty of skinny, tattooed, toothless, crackhead losers who are guilty of doing the same thing you're accusing fat people of.

Just sayin'...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ChrisP24 said:

Sometimes the trouble is worth it.  There are studies out there indicating that in general, married men and women are both happier and healthier than their unmarried counterparts.  Of course that won't be true for everyone, and it's not a reason to stay in a bad relationship  - - actually the opposite, sometimes it's best to part ways and free yourself to pursue good relationship(s).     

I agree and here is the link to a 75+ year study to back-up your claim:

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/04/over-nearly-80-years-harvard-study-has-been-showing-how-to-live-a-healthy-and-happy-life/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nkg said:

Has anyone ever actually been deported for doing volunteer work? I've never heard of this happening. Perhaps you could post a link to a relevant news story?

"You'll get deported if you do anything helpful" is a classic Thaivisa meme, with no basis in fact. It's simply not true.

There was the German bloke couple years photographed helping his unwell MIL chicken stand, stated helping (not employed) he was arrested for working without a permit, as I recall and deported.