Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Some stats from the Ministry of Public Heath stats web page as to people vaccinated by province.   I include snapshots for Bangkok and Chiang Mai.  You will see if you live in Bangkok getting a jab is not hard....the great majority of eligible population has got at least one jab.....but the govt has been giving Bangkok priority for jabs due to the outbreak.   

As  a retired farang living in Bangkok got my first Thai govt provided AstraZeneca jab in late June using my Pink ID card (and could have got it mid June but I delayed/rescheduled to help insure I got AZ vs Sinovac).  My Thai wife using her Thai ID card also got her first Thai govt provided AZ jab in late June....could have got it on 9 June but delayed/rescheduled to get AZ vs Sinovac.   

See this MOPH webpage for full stats. It's all in Thai, but Google Translate is your friend.  You will see that if you live outside the Great Bangkok area the percentage of vaccinated population drops way down....usually down around 12 to 20%.

The lower left hand corner of this 24 Aug 2021 graphic/stat provides the following stats.

Injected Today

Cumulative Injections

Percentage Vaccinated

Bangkok proper stats.....does not include the surrounding provinces making up the Great Bangkok area. Over 85% of eligible population has received at least 1 jab.

image.png.c925e041db6124abe833c201fb43972d.png

Chiang Mai Province Stats.   Only 22% of eligible population as received one jab.

image.png.3576984c6e84e11a93c87ecf3b0d3bc6.png

Some good stats there @Pib

It is true that Bangkok has certainly been privileged with the vaccinations rollout but probably due to the Dark Red Zone situation as are the surrounding provinces, Nonthaburi, Pathum, Ayutthaya etc.

Indeed I traveled 70km to take advantage of the US donated Pfizer while some traveled circa 700km one way !!

While reports are coming in from posters who are receiving appointments in Khon Kaen, Hua Hin, Chai Nat , Lopburi etc time is running out for people in the outlying “ sticks” and a report today about the use by date of the Pfizer seems to indicate that part of the donation needs to be used (1st jab) before the end of the month.

The expatvac registration gave hope to many of acquiring a vaccination but the lack of information and length of time it has taken to come to fruition has disappointed many.

Indeed , I took matters into my own hands to acquire a vaccination, if I had waited for expatvac to reply I would have got vaccinated yesterday and with Sinovac.

• Like 1

Expatvac SMS.

Well yesterday I finally received an SMS message for a Pfizer jab at a Bangkok hospital tomorrow. 

I live in Pathum Thani province (dark red zone) not Bangkok......70 yrs old.

But I graciously turned it down as I've already had one at Medpark hospital. 

I know this is of scant interest to those living in outer provinces,  but the thread has been mostly about failed registrations and/or lack of any response from Expatvac.

As someone mentioned above they seem to be working through the dark red zones first, and other cities with numbers of aged expats.

But they did respond  and offered Pfizer. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 10:01 AM, Old Croc said:

Cant answer your question regarding Expatvac in Phuket. 

Perhaps they think the Sandbox vaccination program should have covered everyone there.  (my thoughts only)

Is the Sandbox program for ostriches, digging their heads in the sand???  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Phulublub said:

What a hate filled piece of uneducated bile.

If you don't want a vaccine, then fine.  But perhaps do some proper research before decryinf a perfectly good vaccine (AZ) and a very good combination (SV then AZ) just because everything American is the only thing that is any good.  But if the non-US vaccines are useless, perhaps you could try Invermectin.  MAde in the US you know, so must be good.

Pretty big room housing 20,000 people.  Not sure I have ever seen a room that big.  Stadiums, yes but rooms?  Probably only in America.  But then you wouldn't have that either as for many getting out of your cars is too much trouble, it seems.

Part of the reason you  (and others throughout the World) cannot get enough Pfizer/Moderna quickly is precisely because every Walmart, pharmacy and corner shop in America has loads of doses immediately on hand to give out.  How many of those are thrown out when they go out of date rather than being put to good use? 

PH

very good combination (SV then AZ)  . Are you kidding ? One jab of Sinovac gives you very low protection 13 %. Its the second jab of Sinovac that gives you much more protection . So what is the point in just the one jab of Sinovac ? Where are the trials and data on it ? How do we know its save ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, club said:

very good combination (SV then AZ)  . Are you kidding ? One jab of Sinovac gives you very low protection 13 %. Its the second jab of Sinovac that gives you much more protection . So what is the point in just the one jab of Sinovac ? Where are the trials and data on it ? How do we know its save ? 

Maybe all correct, but how do YOU know it's not safe???

Just now, DEKEM said:

I registered with 3 hospitals via expatvac.  the first hospital was bumrungrad.  after successfully registering, the system said I would get a response within 3 days, that response never came.  so, I then tried registering with medpark.  after successfully registering, the system said I would get a response within 24 hours.  on the 24th hour, I got a text saying my appointment was approved for the next day.  just for insurance, I still registered with another hospital.  one on sukhumvit soi 24.  I never did get a response from them to this day.  but then, it didn't matter anymore.  ..medpark did.  so, I went to medpark not expecting anything.  was surprised at the vip treatment I received.  in and out within 45 minutes.  15 minutes for paperwork and the jab.  30 minutes for the waiting period to make sure no negative response to the jab.  I'm scheduled for the second jab september 11.  I highly recommend medpark.

oh.  forgot to mention.  received the pfizer vaccine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, club said:

I did not say "just one jab of sinovac".  I said a combination of 1st jab SV then 2nd jab AZ.  Proven to be pretty effective, and CERTAINLY better than nothing.

PH

• Like 1

I registered on expatvac.consular.go.th on 3rd August.  I've been vaccinated with Pfizer this morning here in Lamphun, Lamphun Province about 25 Km from Chiang Mai at the Lamphun Government Hospital.  Really efficient and smooth process indeed considering the place was packed with people.  2nd vax organised for 17th September too.  While I have no underlying conditions, I am 71 and so that probably helped.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phulublub said:

I did not say "just one jab of sinovac".  I said a combination of 1st jab SV then 2nd jab AZ.  Proven to be pretty effective, and CERTAINLY better than nothing.

PH

(SV then AZ) Means One jab Sinovac and 2nd jab AZ. Stop with your word games. (AZ then AZ) is much better then (SV then AZ). 

11 minutes ago, club said:

(SV then AZ) Means One jab Sinovac and 2nd jab AZ. Stop with your word games. (AZ then AZ) is much better then (SV then AZ). 

What are you dribbling about?

"(SV then AZ) Means One jab Sinovac and 2nd jab AZ."  Exactly...two jabs in total. 

Please link to reliable studies that show the relative eficacies of various combinations.

PH

13 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

What are you dribbling about?

"(SV then AZ) Means One jab Sinovac and 2nd jab AZ."  Exactly...two jabs in total. 

Please link to reliable studies that show the relative eficacies of various combinations.

PH

Their is no reliable studies on mixing SV and AZ and if their is put it in a link minus more of your word games. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, mfd101 said:

Expatvac has arrived in Surin. Got the call this afternoon for a jab tomorrow at 1100 at Surin Rajabhat University.

Haven't received a call yet.  I registered with Expatvac  early on and live in Surin.  Over 60.

31 minutes ago, albertik said:

Haven't received a call yet.  I registered with Expatvac  early on and live in Surin.  Over 60.

Just put of interest my.expatvac notifications came via SMS directly from the hospital (Bangkok area) and not an email. So keep an eye on your SMS messages

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, albertik said:

My phonecall was taken by my b/f so not sure where it came from but I also received an email which was from Prasat Hospital (public) here in Prasat.

Main thing is they're working thru the list so don't despair!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:11 PM, DiDiChok said:

I registered on expatvac.consular.go.th on 3rd August.  I've been vaccinated with Pfizer this morning here in Lamphun, Lamphun Province about 25 Km from Chiang Mai at the Lamphun Government Hospital.  Really efficient and smooth process indeed considering the place was packed with people.  2nd vax organised for 17th September too.  While I have no underlying conditions, I am 71 and so that probably helped.

Congratulations on getting the vax.

Again, an indication they are prioritizing bigger cities rather than the most vulnerable in isolated areas, (Lamphun - pop 321k) 

Still waiting for them to venture into the real rural areas, not just for those living 30ks or so from provincial capitals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Congratulations on getting the vax.

Again, an indication they are prioritizing bigger cities rather than the most vulnerable in isolated areas, (Lamphun - pop 321k) 

Still waiting for them to venture into the real rural areas, not just for those living 30ks or so from provincial capitals. 

The population of the province of Kamphaeng Phet was only 727,807 in 2018 and KPP as of 2020, it had a population of 28,817. The district where I live, Khlong Lan Phatthana    คลองลานพัฒนา    has only a population of 23,699. I guess that it will take them a long time to get around to you and me.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The population of the province of Kamphaeng Phet was only 727,807 in 2018 and KPP as of 2020, it had a population of 28,817. The district where I live, Khlong Lan Phatthana    คลองลานพัฒนา    has only a population of 23,699. I guess that it will take them a long time to get around to you and me.

Loei Province population 642k.

Dan Sai town about 10k, district about 50k.

Also well down the list for Expatvac.

(In fairness, I could get a starter of Sinovac at my small local hospital now, but, as it's full of Bangkok infected refugees, the risks there outweigh any reward the worse vax could offer)

• Like 1