Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

25 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Apologies @RubbaJohnny for temporarily hi jacking your topic but it would appear there are still some posters who registered for expatvac and are unaware there are other options or are worried about jeopardising their expatvac appointment by registering elsewhere.

There are two or three MedPark threads already , last thing we need is another.

Hence my intrusion on your thread  ????

I think this is quite appropriate  especially as the Medpark Registration page specifically refers to vaccinations under the MFA scheme for vaccination of expats.

According to this daily briefing in English, foreigners who registered for the expatvac program will be contacted by their local hospitals with an appointment slot and not via expatvac directly.

( I believe this may have already started in some instances )

expatvac bit starts at 4.40 mins.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

Well after waiting 2 weeks with nothing but the rejection so far said screw it and booked with Med Park just now. A proper user friendly sign up page, they had appointments for the 22nd but went for the 23rd hopefully less traffic on the 3 hour one way trip. Should receive conformation within 24 hours.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, orchidfan said:

I think this is quite appropriate  especially as the Medpark Registration page specifically refers to vaccinations under the MFA scheme for vaccination of expats.

No worries, I am not 'owner " or possissive just as I raised what many are discussing. I do still think it might help people

1 Have clear thread about Medperk as it is no use to many up country

2 Perhsp our hosts sponsors coud make a stcky with ALL teh sign ups contact details and vax available teh local system seems incapable or too busy in this crisi. I fear many needy frail/pre existing old both Thai and foreign may die before even first jab.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:02 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

When I first came to this country, in 1987, on holiday, there were no computers, mobile phones,  extremely limited TV  , and of poor quality anyway, and the main danger was to  watch out for Somchai  galloping past on his buffalo.   Here we are now in 2021, and  you expect  Thais to be able to develop an efficient internet programme to.  .  enable us poor farangs to register for  the vaccine.     I have  , twice, using different e mail addresses, and it is only now  I  see, from a very helpful  commentator, that to upload BOTH your passport and visa extension details, you just have to hold down the control tab, highlight both  pages, and move them to the  email....Too late for me, Im now waiting for two rejections.   And some  wonder why us farangs are driven to strong drink.

I wanted to chase down the post claiming you hold down the Control key when it is the Shift key.  Verified many times!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Same here,, I'm PR and haven't got a Visa ( extension ) since years.... Cannot even answer or try again with a different email-address. The name I supplied is recognized...

THAT IS AWFUL

The way PR holders treated worse than those on short term yearly visas re vaccines and re rentry is a minus as big as a Swiss flag , This should be born in mind by anyone thinking about the time effort and expense involved.

Having seen what happened with Malaysia instantly making t harder to stay any young unattached person should think seriously about how desireable Thailand is compared to other places to settle down for good. We now see you will be treated as second class.

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, orchidfan said:

Thanks again.  Have just registered with them for next Monday. Email expected in next 24hrs.

Next challenge to get a taxi on Monday who understands where I need to go.....and is willing !!

I'll show him Google map and directions. Should work.

Cheers

For anyone interesting in signing up directly with Medpark Hospital in BKK for their Pfizer vaccines, just be aware, they are tied into the online MoPH Intervac database there, and will check your vaccination history, if any, online prior to the final clearance to be vaccinated there.

If you've had a single or double AZ vaccination previously thru the Intervac site under the same passport number, they'll see that and decline to give you any Pfizer vaccine there. And that's after you've made an online appointment with them, they've confirmed the online appointment and sent you a confirming email.

Apparently, mixing vaccine doses of Sinovac and AZ is OK for the Thai government and its vaccine program, and also mixing using the U.S. donated Pfizer vaccine as booster shots for Thai government medical staff who've already been given two Sinovac doses.

But when it comes to the U.S. Pfizer vaccine doses, the MoPH is not going to allow any mixing for foreign nationals, regardless.

• Sad 1

I doubt it has anything to do with not allowing mixing....it's just the expatvac jabs are meant to get farangs the 1st jab (and the 2nd) they have been trying to get but couldn't.  Not meant for farangs who have already got that 1st jab which also means they are now automatically scheduled (or will be) for their 2nd jab.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I wanted to chase down the post claiming you hold down the Control key when it is the Shift key.  Verified many times!

The way to remember it is that "Ctrl" Copies, and "Shift" Shifts or moves the item.  Be careful that you did not mean to remove your only copy from your storage.

7 minutes ago, DiDiChok said:

The way to remember it is that "Ctrl" Copies, and "Shift" Shifts or moves the item.  Be careful that you did not mean to remove your only copy from your storage.

If I want to delete a load of files I click on the first one and then hold the Shift key down and click on the last item. That highlights all the items ready to copy, cut or delete. If there is a file or more in that bunch I want to keep I just go to Ctrl and enter which un-highlights the item while the remainder are untouched.

17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You can try again with a different email address and omit the last letter of your forename on the application, which could be explained as a typo on your part. I was able to re-register after receiving the rejection email using this method.

I did the same by using just my initial. But has anyone actually had an appointment confirmed, who like us, tricked the duplication registration?

I have today an received a confirmed appointment from a different registration Change Mai Wall.

Mccormick Hospital Wednesday Pfiiser  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I did the same by using just my initial. But has anyone actually had an appointment confirmed, who like us, tricked the duplication registration?

I have today an received a confirmed appointment from a different registration Change Mai Wall.

Mccormick Hospital Wednesday Pfiiser  

That is apparently because the Expatvac and Chiang Mai Wall lists are both being used by the CM Regional Public Health Office to make priority lists for McCormick to administer Pfizer.

• Like 1

Counter Intuitive 

Read here that people with Work Permitss have right to a jab.

Great news for them and as were not all safe until the max rollout part of the solution.

Who pays is moot, the vaccines, delivery have a real cost and I guess teh taxpayer,I would gladly pay for myself and all of my village if I was assured the money was not abused and went to the health service , until every single illegal worker PR holder expat of any description and even Thais who have lost ID , re entered illegally are vaxxed the covid has hosts.

20 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You can try again with a different email address and omit the last letter of your forename on the application, which could be explained as a typo on your part. I was able to re-register after receiving the rejection email using this method.

I replied to you in the other topic. Thanks for advise.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:37 PM, RubbaJohnny said:

THAT IS AWFUL

The way PR holders treated worse than those on short term yearly visas re vaccines and re rentry is a minus as big as a Swiss flag , This should be born in mind by anyone thinking about the time effort and expense involved.

Having seen what happened with Malaysia instantly making t harder to stay any young unattached person should think seriously about how desireable Thailand is compared to other places to settle down for good. We now see you will be treated as second class.

What did Malaysia do?

I received the same message. I sent a request for help into the DDC but they told me that I have to send an e-mail to complaints.... like a complaint e-mail address at the ministry of health will ever get read?

My real complaint is that the Thailand economy certainly gets a boost by all of us retired expats who bring our monthly income into Thailand from our home countries. I wonder just how much of a boost that really is when combined together?

My income from the USA is somewhere between 45,000 THB and 50,000 THB per month, depending on the exchange rates, being brought into Thailand. The economy of my Thai family is helped. The payments on my truck, rent, electricity, water get paid. The grocery stores, coffee shops, some restaurants, and the outdoor vendor markets get a lot of my check every month. My check supports my wife's kids in school too, so there is that too.

So the registration website processing system people absolutely lied and said they did not receive my visa copy, which was part of the original registration? They got that photo copy right along with a copy of my passport. They know they did! But, then they also know they received 20 Million Free Doses of Pfizer from the USA and more is coming. 

Then they tell me to only send an e-mail to the complaint email site at the ministry of health. Does anyone really believe there is someone actually reading those? I guarantee that is not happening! They probably have that e-mail address setup to automatically dump into a spam file and then that is automatically dumped into a garbage can file and disappears forever...

They lie on the news and say how great they are helping expats from around the world to get their vaccines, while they are not actually helping us!

Are they also lieing about how many of our Thai neighbors in our villages around Nakhon Ratchasima are dieing of Covid-19? All the local Buddhist temples keep playing funeral music almost every day! People are dieing! Where is the government?

I have heard some Thai people are highly recommending that all the Thai semi-truck drivers in Thailand just park their trucks in the highway roads that are leading in and out of every big city. They say, "put signs on them that say, "NO GOOD VACCINES MEANS NO TRAFFIC MOVING!" Lock them all up right there on the highways and then walk away from them." Wow, if every truck driver did that, it would certainly get attention. It might be the only way to make the Thai government do the right thing by their own people!

What do you think will happen to all that money from expats who die from Covid-19 waiting for a good quality vaccine? I know if I die, no more money comes into Thailand!

I haven't had one jab yet. The local hospital here does not know what to do? I don't want Senovac as that is just <deleted>! AstraZeneca is not much better than <deleted>! The USA gave Pfizer and/or Moderna vaccines to every Thai citizen that is in the USA for free. They setup drive by vaccination clinics in large parking lots. The drivers of the cars just drove up and put their arm out and done... They received proof of vaccination and away they drove. They definitely don't put 20,000 people in a room where they can expose each other to Covid-19 to get it done! I watched the news from Bangkok and saw about 20,000 crammed in a room waiting for a vaccine that never came and then less than one week later they reported 20,000 new cases. Of course they did! How stupid! No security guards demanding social distancing, no common sense... 

There is no sense to any of this!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, DiDiChok said:

I just use the one shift key as it will allow me to both select a group all of the attachments then dragged to the download box.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rocketpreacher said:

I received the same message. I sent a request for help into the DDC but they told me that I have to send an e-mail to complaints.... like a complaint e-mail address at the ministry of health will ever get read?

My real complaint is that the Thailand economy certainly gets a boost by all of us retired expats who bring our monthly income into Thailand from our home countries. I wonder just how much of a boost that really is when combined together?

My income from the USA is somewhere between 45,000 THB and 50,000 THB per month, depending on the exchange rates, being brought into Thailand. The economy of my Thai family is helped. The payments on my truck, rent, electricity, water get paid. The grocery stores, coffee shops, some restaurants, and the outdoor vendor markets get a lot of my check every month. My check supports my wife's kids in school too, so there is that too.

So the registration website processing system people absolutely lied and said they did not receive my visa copy, which was part of the original registration? They got that photo copy right along with a copy of my passport. They know they did! But, then they also know they received 20 Million Free Doses of Pfizer from the USA and more is coming. 

Then they tell me to only send an e-mail to the complaint email site at the ministry of health. Does anyone really believe there is someone actually reading those? I guarantee that is not happening! They probably have that e-mail address setup to automatically dump into a spam file and then that is automatically dumped into a garbage can file and disappears forever...

They lie on the news and say how great they are helping expats from around the world to get their vaccines, while they are not actually helping us!

Are they also lieing about how many of our Thai neighbors in our villages around Nakhon Ratchasima are dieing of Covid-19? All the local Buddhist temples keep playing funeral music almost every day! People are dieing! Where is the government?

I have heard some Thai people are highly recommending that all the Thai semi-truck drivers in Thailand just park their trucks in the highway roads that are leading in and out of every big city. They say, "put signs on them that say, "NO GOOD VACCINES MEANS NO TRAFFIC MOVING!" Lock them all up right there on the highways and then walk away from them." Wow, if every truck driver did that, it would certainly get attention. It might be the only way to make the Thai government do the right thing by their own people!

What do you think will happen to all that money from expats who die from Covid-19 waiting for a good quality vaccine? I know if I die, no more money comes into Thailand!

I haven't had one jab yet. The local hospital here does not know what to do? I don't want Senovac as that is just <deleted>! AstraZeneca is not much better than <deleted>! The USA gave Pfizer and/or Moderna vaccines to every Thai citizen that is in the USA for free. They setup drive by vaccination clinics in large parking lots. The drivers of the cars just drove up and put their arm out and done... They received proof of vaccination and away they drove. They definitely don't put 20,000 people in a room where they can expose each other to Covid-19 to get it done! I watched the news from Bangkok and saw about 20,000 crammed in a room waiting for a vaccine that never came and then less than one week later they reported 20,000 new cases. Of course they did! How stupid! No security guards demanding social distancing, no common sense... 

There is no sense to any of this!

Thumbs down from me for slagging off AZ. There is nothing wrong with it just EU propaganda.

On the other hand, I saw this report on Pfizer recently: 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/pfizers-ceo-says-covid-vaccine-effectiveness-drops-to-84percent-after-six-months.html

4 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

So any jabs for C Rai yet?

Rather than the stated age and health problem guidelines, they seem to be working through cities by population size.

Chiang Rai is about #18 in size.

People further away from large population centres will probably have to wait until 2022! 

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Rather than the stated age and health problem guidelines, they seem to be working through cities by population size.

What about Phuket?   Still plenty of people not vaccinated in the sandbox. They say 70% of “target” group have been vaccinated. Retired people, read elderly, are not in the target group for Phuket it seems.  Day 24 and my neighbors and I haven’t received an email yet.  

Edited by LivingNThailand
Correct something.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LivingNThailand said:

What about Phuket?   Still plenty of people not vaccinated in the sandbox. They say 70% of “target” group have been vaccinated. Retired people, read elderly, are not in the target group for Phuket it seems.  Day 24 and my neighbors and I haven’t received an email yet.  

Cant answer your question regarding Expatvac in Phuket. 

Perhaps they think the Sandbox vaccination program should have covered everyone there.  (my thoughts only)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Cant answer your question regarding Expatvac in Phuket. 

Perhaps they think the Sandbox vaccination program should have covered everyone there.  (my thoughts only)

Yeah.  That’s what I think too.  It’s ridiculous.  I keep emailing the hospital and they say the vaccines are coming from the government ????????????

no where to go now anyway.  I’d just like a beer with my lunch at this point ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Chiang Rai is about #18 in size.

People further away from large population centres will probably have to wait until 2022! 

Is that based on a source or your opinion, I think you may be correct.It's like they know if the frail hilltribes die off soon they won't fill up the wards.

8 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Is that based on a source or your opinion, I think you may be correct.It's like they know if the frail hilltribes die off soon they won't fill up the wards.

It's obviously my opinion as are many of my posts on this forum.

I form my opinions based on observation and research. I do have a source working in a local hospital who keeps me informed of mainly local matters regarding the pandemic, but he is far removed from the big picture. Feel free to form your own opinions separate from mine.

In this case, I noticed that many of the posters proclaiming that they had  received the calling and given a jab of Pfizer seemed to be getting said jabs at bigger cities around the country. Hence my opinion.

Since that post I have noticed an exception posted by someone in a small Province in the far north of the country. 

I will admit that, selfishly, I am looking for reasons why healthy, under 60 yo people are getting the vax before this 73 yo with many medical issues!

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2