Thailand seeks 12 million Sinovac shots for mix-and-match vax strategy

snoop1130

1 minute ago, club said:

I read side effects are actually good, Its your body telling you your immune system just got a kick in the a.. I am talking about mild side effects like body aches, Headache, maybe low grade fever lasting 3 days 

Yes that's an ideal reaction.

But I'm talking about high fever, vomiting, and extreme muscle aches- a vigorous flu like illness.  It's rather more common than most of us would prefer with the novel vaccines.

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

But I'm talking about high fever, vomiting, and extreme muscle aches- a vigorous flu like illness.  It's rather more common than most of us would prefer with the novel vaccines.

That's from Sinovac ?

12 hours ago, smedly said:

it peir reveiwed

Correct, it should be peer reviewed or at least published as a note in an international journal. it does not tell how the health officials came to know the data? Is he quoting from a published paper or from hearsay? 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

26 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Correct, it should be peer reviewed or at least published as a note in an international journal. it does not tell how the health officials came to know the data? Is he quoting from a published paper or from hearsay? 

Anutin told him is was ok

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

However, the claim in the USA is now that vaccination reduces the risk of hospitalization and death only not catching the disease or spreading it. 

Link, please.

I’ll save you the trouble, as you are posting fake news. Vaccination reduces the chances of being infected. The new news from the USA is that, in the remote chance that you are vaccinated and infected, then you may be just as infectious as anyone else who is infected.

4 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Well done on successfully registering for Moderna.  Both my Thai wife and I tried to do so on line, with separate computers, attempting at the same time.  I was just a few seconds behind her (as I had to use Chrome to translate Thai to English language).   She succeeded to register and pay, I did not.

However my wife has only had 2 Sinovac jabs, while I have had one AZ (with my 2nd AZ planned for September) so clearly she needs a booster jab MUCH MUCH more than myself.

We both discussed the possibility (some might say likelihood) of paying and not getting the vaccine.  Given my wife's Moderna registration is through a Bangkok Hospital branch (here in Phuket), and given almost all private hospitals are severely suffering financially currently (due to very few medical tourists) we decided if she don't get the jab, and also we don't get our money back, its still ok with us.  We would simply consider it a donation to a hospital.  ....  I note we have given many donations to Thai hospitals since the start of the pandemic, although almost all such donations have been to public hospitals.

I have a Thai relative who is a doctor in Thailand, who also registered (and paid) for Moderna as a booster, however he will be getting (and may have received already) a Pfizer booster.  So the 2 Moderna jabs he ordered/paid for won't be used by him, and so it will likely go to someone else.  He also likely won't get his money back, but like us, he doesn't mind, and he considers it a donation.

I concede many are not as fortunate as us,  ...  not many that can just shrug and consider paying for a vaccine not received from a hospital (in need) as a donation to a good cause.

Thanks!  Best of luck in getting a Pfizer jab, and the family a Moderna jab.

Safe safe.

Same to you.

I just signed up for Pfeizer at Khon Khaen hospital.

To far for you I assume.

I'm signing up for whatever comes along.

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Ouch.

Hope your doing better.

13 hours ago, smedly said:

That risk and choice is yours to take, but you do make it sound like you are mixing cocktails in a bar to find yourself one that has a taste to your liking .................................. these are experimental drugs being injected into your body that cannot be removed if they don't mix well - too late once they are in and making changes to your bodies chemistry - this is serious stuff

I agree... What could possibly go wrong.  ????

They might want to approach Novavax.  Seems like good stuff.

Vaccine maker Novavax announced Thursday it has asked regulators in India, Indonesia and the Philippines to allow emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine -- offering its shot to some low-income countries before rich ones with ample supplies.

https://apnews.com/article/business-science-health-india-coronavirus-pandemic-c2545a2b725b34093a54795bcc0d2e6e

Here's Why Johnson & Johnson's Vaccine Could Overtake Both Pfizer and Moderna

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/08/18/heres-why-johnson-johnsons-vaccine-could-overtake/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

Below article explains why Fluvoxamine works while Ivermectin and Hydroqloiquine don't.

Column: With fluvoxamine, doctors find an old drug that may actually work against COVID-19

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/column-fluvoxamine-doctors-old-drug-193326985.html

• Like 1

USA, UK, Israel, and Chile are showing the same infection rate per 100K population. How do I conclude SV is in effective? Even Israel is now thinking about boosters. No country has given any conclusive evidence that one vaccine is better in protecting from infection than the other. The CDC even drops their claim that vaccine can protect from infections. Now they are saying it only reduces risk of  hospitalization and deaths which the seditionists in the USA dispute. Go figure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/world/middleeast/israel-virus-infections-booster.html

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

USA, UK, Israel, and Chile are showing the same infection rate per 100K population. How do I conclude SV is in effective? Even Israel is now thinking about boosters. No country has given any conclusive evidence that one vaccine is better in protecting from infection than the other. The CDC even drops their claim that vaccine can protect from infections. Now they are saying it only reduces risk of  hospitalization and deaths which the seditionists in the USA dispute. Go figure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/world/middleeast/israel-virus-infections-booster.html

The CDC has never stated that vaccination is 100% effective in stopping infections. 

infection rate per capita over long periods of time is not really relevant to the current situation.

as for the relative effectiveness of vaccines:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58257863

Edited by Danderman123

51 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The CDC has never stated that vaccination is 100% effective in stopping infections. 

infection rate per capita over long periods of time is not really relevant to the current situation.

as for the relative effectiveness of vaccines:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58257863

BBC can spin whatever they want but I'm not a sheeple. I can access last 7 day average infection rate per one million population. And here are the data. USA 2892, UK 3004, Israel: 4726, Chile: 285. Why BBC is not saying this fact? I remember BBC was shouting how Chile's vaccination with China VAX was so infective but now quiet about high infection rate in the UK and the USA. I can see the spin. One may argue that Chile data may not be accurate. So, i give a factor 10 for the uncertainty. Still Chile shows the similar amount of infection per million population in the last 7 day. Just because BBC says so, I don't accept it. I conclude based on my own analysis. And my conclusions is all vaccines have the same infection rate. May be BBC can spin with their efficacy rate BS but one the ground it is 7-day average of the infection rate per million population that I care. 

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The new news from the USA is that, in the remote chance that you are vaccinated and infected, then you may be just as infectious as anyone else who is infected.

But not for as long.....

No vaccines will prevent infection and all vaccines have same infection rate in the general population. Just a reminder with these data for most recent average 7-day infection per million population: USA 2892, UK 3004, Israel: 4726, Chile: 285.

In April, Chile and Seychelles became scapegoats for low efficacy rate of Sino Vax and by August UK, USA, and Israel topped the list in infection rate with high vaccination rate of non-sino vax. And suddenly I see propaganda to undermine Sino vax stopped.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

No vaccines will prevent infection and all vaccines have same infection rate in the general population. Just a reminder with these data for most recent average 7-day infection per million population: USA 2892, UK 3004, Israel: 4726, Chile: 285.

In April, Chile and Seychelles became scapegoats for low efficacy rate of Sino Vax and by August UK, USA, and Israel topped the list in infection rate with high vaccination rate of non-sino vax. And suddenly I see propaganda to undermine Sino vax stopped.

There is a much bigger picture here you either fail to see or you are purposely ignoring. The Chinese are the ones who incompetently (maybe even purposefully) unleashed this virus on the world and yet you trust them to competently solve the problem? Have you ever wondered how/why the Chinese were able to push so much of this krap on other countries (ie, Chile and other SA countries and even Thailand)? I'm sure it had nothing to their debt leverage or other factors over said countries or their ability to infiltrate and enhance their global power.

This is just my opinion, and is only based on having worked directly with the Chinese and certain members of the CCP during my career.

Edited by DBath

2 hours ago, DBath said:

There is a much bigger picture here you either fail to see or you are purposely ignoring. The Chinese are the ones who incompetently (maybe even purposefully) unleashed this virus on the world and yet you trust them to competently solve the problem? Have you ever wondered how/why the Chinese were able to push so much of this krap on other countries (ie, Chile and other SA countries and even Thailand)? I'm sure it had nothing to their debt leverage or other factors over said countries or their ability to infiltrate and enhance their global power.

This is just my opinion, and is only based on having worked directly with the Chinese and certain members of the CCP during my career.

Are you so blinded by the propaganda that you can't fathom  what I am saying. I am not trusting China and also I am not trusting Western propaganda. I am taking publicly published data and comparing it which the western media stopped doing as soon as the infection soared in UK, USA, and Israel to the highest level among heavily vaccinated countries.

The western media don't want to talk about the shame of these high infection rate. Don't be a sheeple to propaganda. Don't trust anybody. Why are you afraid of making your own analysis with available data? Because it just does not jive with your belief and you're bringing who unleashed the virus as if that will change what is on the ground which is high infection rate in UK, USA, and Israel. 

You're parroting like a US seditionist who will say China unleashed the virus and at the same say the virus is not causing death and destruction in the West. These type dual conflicting comments is a perfect example of a sheeple who will buy anything coming out of the propaganda machine. 

2 hours ago, DBath said:

Sure, lump everyone in China together into one basket. Bigoted much? And as anyone who looks at the actual studies knows, Sinovac's vaccine at least has been highly potent in reducing hospitalizations and deaths. The jury is still out on how well it compares to other vaccines in relation to reducing hospitalizations and deaths.

6 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Are you so blinded by the propaganda that you can't fathom  what I am saying. I am not trusting China and also I am not trusting Western propaganda. I am taking publicly published data and comparing it which the western media stopped doing as soon as the infection soared in UK, USA, and Israel to the highest level among heavily vaccinated countries. Don't be a sheeple to propaganda. Don't trust anybody. Make your own analysis because lots of data are now available now.

The rates in US are soaring because you have anti-vaxers and anti maskers walking around and getting infected. Over 98 %  of those getting infected now are unvaccinated.  Anyone in USA who wants a shot can walk into most Pharmacies and just get one. Can get some at airport even if you just a tourist or traveling thru, no need to be a citizen.  Just some idiots afraid of vaccimne not want to get a shot so sooner or later they will get covid

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

One problem with those statistics is that the Delta variant still doesnt have much of a presence in Chile. 

Edited by placeholder

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

The rates in US are soaring because you have anti-vaxers and anti maskers walking around and getting infected. Over 98 %  of those getting infected now are unvaccinated.  Anyone in USA who wants a shot can walk into most Pharmacies and just get one. Can get some at airport even if you just a tourist or traveling thru, no need to be a citizen.  Just some idiots afraid of vaccimne not want to get a shot so sooner or later they will get covid

Where did you get these ridiculous numbers from? Source please? In the meantime here's a news flash for you: THERE IS NO PROOF THE VACCINE (ANY VACCINE) PREVENTS YOU FROM GETTING COVID, SO WHAT ARE YOU BLABBERING ABOUT!

5 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Are you so blinded by the propaganda that you can't fathom  what I am saying. I am not trusting China and also I am not trusting Western propaganda. I am taking publicly published data and comparing it which the western media stopped doing as soon as the infection soared in UK, USA, and Israel to the highest level among heavily vaccinated countries.

The western media don't want to talk about the shame of these high infection rate. Don't be a sheeple to propaganda. Don't trust anybody. Why are you afraid of making your own analysis with available data? Because it just does not jive with your belief and you're bringing who unleashed the virus as if that will change what is on the ground which is high infection rate in UK, USA, and Israel. 

You're parroting like a US seditionist who will say China unleashed the virus and at the same say the virus is not causing death and destruction in the West. These type dual conflicting comments is a perfect example of a sheeple who will buy anything coming out of the propaganda machine. 

the infection rate is useful only as a guide, people can be infected and have no symptoms, people can be infected and have slight symptoms, what is important is the number of people infected and need hospital treatment because that has a direct effect on the ability of a health service to provide madical care for a population as a whole. being vaccinated does not prevent infection but does, in the vast majority of cases, mean the effects of the virus are small.

5 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Let's breakdown your rambling rant, shall we?:

1. "Are you so blinded by the propaganda that you can't fathom  what I am saying."  You forgot to put a '?" after "fathom what I'm saying".

2. "I am not trusting China and also I am not trusting Western propaganda." You are either Chinese or a Chinese sympathizer, which one is it?

3. "I am taking publicly published data and comparing it which the western media stopped doing as soon as the infection soared in UK, USA, and Israel to the highest level among heavily vaccinated countries." You've already lost credibility with points #1 and 2.

4. "You're parroting like a US seditionist who will say China unleashed the virus and at the same say the virus is not causing death and destruction in the West." Not sure what you're talking about, as I never said or even implied that and secondly, I do not own a parrot.

5. "These type dual conflicting comments is a perfect example of a sheeple who will buy anything coming out of the propaganda machine." I can guarantee you, if you have EVER read one of my posts, besides the one you're now responding to - you would clearly know that is NOT THE CASE. ????