Thailand seeks 12 million Sinovac shots for mix-and-match vax strategy

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Everyone that I have seen take these 2 vaccines and most only 14 days apart have been very sick. Most take 2 days off from work but if you take 3 days you need a letter from the hospital where you got the jab.

are you talking about a mix sino and AZ ?

and only 14 days apart ?, how did they work that out to be safe - sounds like it isn't

and the rest of your post is quite shocking and revealing

thanks for posting this

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They love the Sinovac ,must be some very good commissions been

given.

regards worgeordie

After the test kits and now this - I heard there is now a shortage of brown envelopes - China has offered a supply which will be self stuffing in some cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, club said:

One jab of Sinovac is useless against the Delta strain so what is the point of giving it. 2 Jabs of AZ work ,Stick to what works

You've done well in Thailand if you manage to get 2 AstraZeneca jabs !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will purchase an additional 12 million doses of Sinovac's coronavirus vaccine to try to expedite its rollout, a senior official said on Tuesday, despite concerns over its efficacy against the Delta variant of COVID-19.

Prayuts idea of saving the nation.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

are you talking about a mix sino and AZ ?

and only 14 days apart ?, how did they work that out to be safe - sounds like it isn't

and the rest of your post is quite shocking and revealing

thanks for posting this

Yes and Yes but my GF did it in 17 days as they must have ran out of the AZ vaccines. But if you take 2 of the AZ vaccines the wait for the second one is about 3 months. GF still in bed after 2 days too weak to get up.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JimGant said:

Many other countries are showing interest in this approach, as the potential benefit seems to outweigh any potential harm.... What's to lose in this madhouse environment?

Had a Sinovac jab two weeks ago, and will have an AstraZeneca jab next week. Will let you know if I grow a second penis.

I got a phone call yesterday from our local council office, Or-Bor- Tor, saying 28th of this month I can have a Sinovac jab,I will probably take it .

It is a case of when the other vaccines will be available ,like 39k + other frangs in Thailand I registered for the expatvac yet to hear anything, not holding my breath.

Like our locale privet hospital is taking booking now for a jab that will not be until the new year ,and paying 3400 baht up front.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Yes and Yes but my GF did it in 17 days as they must have ran out of the AZ vaccines. But if you take 2 of the AZ vaccines the wait for the second one is about 3 months. GF still in bed after 2 days too weak to get up.

I had my 1st AZ last week with the next scheduled at 10 wks.

8 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Correct, the wait in between the 2 AZ jabs is about 10-11 weeks plus a few days..........

Edited by CANSIAM

2 minutes ago, paahlman said:

I do not understand why they do not use some of the astra zeneca Siam Bioscience produce 15 milllion doses of a month. Better profit to sell it I guess...

Siam Bioscience was used to produce AZ each month and contracted to deliver to Asian countries... Thailand was not the sole beneficiary.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sinovac's inactivated virus vaccine will be used as a first dose and AstraZeneca's viral vector vaccine the second, a mix that officials say protects against the Delta variant.

Which "officials"?  Surely it would be better to have medical proof of this cocktail before unleashing it on the general public!  As neither the Thai AZ or Sinovac are, as yet, recognised by UK or most of Europe, I shall not be availing myself of this trial!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

There is no data.

No other country is doing this stupid "Mix and Match" bulls***.

It appears the UK will shortly be doing this stupid 'mix and match' bull****

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pfizer-jab-vaccine-covid-autum-delta-variant-b948689.html

and the University of Manchester also states "So there are clearly huge benefits to vaccine mixing."

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/news/covid-vaccines-combining-astrazeneca-and-pfizer-may-boost-immunity--new-study/

• Haha 1

If this wasn't so tragic for the people of Thailand, it would be pure comedy. Sinovac is known to be all but useless, yet these idiots in government  chase after it like it was pure gold. The only people with pockets in shrouds.

• Like 2