Thailand seeks 12 million Sinovac shots for mix-and-match vax strategy

snoop1130

16 hours ago, DBath said:

Where did you get these ridiculous numbers from? Source please? In the meantime here's a news flash for you: THERE IS NO PROOF THE VACCINE (ANY VACCINE) PREVENTS YOU FROM GETTING COVID, SO WHAT ARE YOU BLABBERING ABOUT!

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

99% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people, experts say

https://www.cnet.com/health/99-of-covid-deaths-are-now-of-unvaccinated-people-experts-say/

10 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

99% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people, experts say

https://www.cnet.com/health/99-of-covid-deaths-are-now-of-unvaccinated-people-experts-say/

And you think that is good news?

On 8/19/2021 at 10:18 AM, it is what it is said:

the infection rate is useful only as a guide, people can be infected and have no symptoms, people can be infected and have slight symptoms, what is important is the number of people infected and need hospital treatment because that has a direct effect on the ability of a health service to provide madical care for a population as a whole. being vaccinated does not prevent infection but does, in the vast majority of cases, mean the effects of the virus are small.

That's what I have been saying. When BBC spins an article with efficacy rate of Chinese vaccines because a country is experiencing a high infection rate but keeps its mouth shut when the same happens in UK and USA, I see the propaganda. Moreover, efficacy rate of a vaccines is all about infection in a group compared to the placebo group. It has nothing to do with infection rate per million population in a society. 

Now about hospitalization. If you compare hospitalization, I can find hundreds of countries who are doing better than UK and USA without vaccines. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

11 hours ago, DBath said:

And you think that is good news?

No but you asked where I got my figures from and what was I blabering about so I sent you the info. Not good news but only those persons who are antivaxers or afraid of vaccines are coming down with covid now ( 99% )  Anyone in US can walk into a large chain pharmacy and get a shot free so mostly only those unvaccinated are getting covid now.

9 hours ago, Tony125 said:

No but you asked where I got my figures from and what was I blabering about so I sent you the info. Not good news but only those persons who are antivaxers or afraid of vaccines are coming down with covid now ( 99% )  Anyone in US can walk into a large chain pharmacy and get a shot free so mostly only those unvaccinated are getting covid now.

Your numbers are rubbish. You're the second one who's tried to imply those who are against getting vaccinated are "afraid" - I'm not afraid of SHlT. And being vaccinated does not prevent you from getting covid, it only reduces significantly your chances of dying from it, which I'll admit is something to consider.

I'm still in the consideration stages, am healthy and diligently cautious, so don't try to place me into your little "anti-vaxxer" box.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DBath said:

Your numbers are rubbish. You're the second one who's tried to imply those who are against getting vaccinated are "afraid" - I'm not afraid of SHlT. And being vaccinated does not prevent you from getting covid, it only reduces significantly your chances of dying from it, which I'll admit is something to consider.

I'm still in the consideration stages, am healthy and diligently cautious, so don't try to place me into your little "anti-vaxxer" box.

You said my numbers were xxxxx but as the link showed it's over 98%  of unvaccinated people who are coming down with Covid now. Those are mostly antivaxers who don't want to take any vaccines or persons who are afraid of taking this new  unfamiliar vaccine because of the new tek used to make it. Aslo many say it's not fully FDA tested and and an emergency use/expiramental drug. Well for those folks the below article is for you.

Full approval for Pfizer Covid vaccine could come from FDA on Monday

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/20/full-approval-for-pfizer-covid-vaccine-could-come-from-fda-monday-report-says.html

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

...Those are mostly antivaxers who don't want to take any vaccines or persons who are afraid of taking this new unfamiliar vaccine because of the new tek used to make it. Aslo many say it's not fully FDA tested and and an emergency use/expiramental drug. Well for those folks the below article is for you.

Full approval for Pfizer Covid vaccine could come from FDA on Monday

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/20/full-approval-for-pfizer-covid-vaccine-could-come-from-fda-monday-report-says.html

The link you provided says nothing about people being afraid to take the vaccine or any vaccine for that matter. So, what is your source to back up that statement?  Further, the FDA is under immense pressure to further fast-track approval for something that is still not ready for prime time, IMO.

Nice try though...

Interesting comments above.  I'm not anti-vax. Being ex-mil, I've been stabbed and jabbed more times than I can remember, up to and including 1/2 way through the controversial Anthrax vaccine series. 

My reservations about this particular vaccine program began with the unprofessional behavior of my home country's elected leader (at the time) boasting about project "Warp Speed", arm-twisting industry to speed up the normally deliberate, methodical process.  I get the sense of urgency, no issue there obviously, and stress can be a positive motivator.  It can also lead to higher risk of errors in judgement and performance.   That whole scene was a s**t show IMO and didn't inspire confidence, so I made a note to self that I wouldn't be the first guy in line for whatever vaccine resulted from the expedited process. 

Turns out I'm not eligible for a vaccine here in Thailand anyway due to age and no qualifying medical conditions.  Fortuitous upside is knowing data continues to be collected and analyzed around the world.  By the time I get the vaccine, it could be an improved 2.0 version. 

7 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

arm-twisting industry to speed up the normally deliberate, methodical process.

While the ‘sound bites’... ‘political buzz wording’ clearly lend to the paranoia the normally deliberate, methodical process as you called it is also known as bureaucractic and highly inefficient.

The years approval applications sat in offices awaiting sign off were simply removed.

Vast sums of money and resources were also thrown into the vaccines, more than any other vaccine in history. 

10 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

By the time I get the vaccine, it could be an improved 2.0 version. 

Improved from what ? the mRNA vaccines are already effective.

Vaccines will need to continued evolving with the antigenic drift of the virus, just like the influenza vaccines. 

Thus, the ‘vaccine’ will always be new !!!

Treatments will also be developed which are more effective at treating those with Covid-19 and mitigating their symptoms. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

While the ‘sound bites’... ‘political buzz wording’ clearly lend to the paranoia the normally deliberate, methodical process as you called it is also known as bureaucractic and highly inefficient.

The years approval applications sat in offices awaiting sign off were simply removed.

Vast sums of money and resources were also thrown into the vaccines, more than any other vaccine in history. 

Improved from what ? the mRNA vaccines are already effective.

Vaccines will need to continued evolving with the antigenic drift of the virus, just like the influenza vaccines. 

Thus, the ‘vaccine’ will always be new !!!

Treatments will also be developed which are more effective at treating those with Covid-19 and mitigating their symptoms.

The unwarranted fear and debilitating anxiety I had about the vaccine has been washed away.  Thanks. ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just saw this today from China they are saying 2 doses of Sinovac works:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202108/1232089.shtml

Shanghai's Fosum Pharma company is building out a facility to produce BioNTech (Pfizer) vaccine.  China will be giving this locally produced vaccine out as a "booster" dose over 2 doses of Sinovac and Sinopharm.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Caixin/China-to-use-BioNTech-vaccine-as-booster-shot-sources-say

The problem is the mRNA vaccine from BioNTech is not yet "approved" in China ...

If your article had any weight then the Chinese people wouldn't need a "booster" dose to combat the Delta variant.

China is trying to confuse the rest of the world at this point so their local Covid-19 vaccines don't look bad.  Plus, China can continue to sell their Sinovac / Sinopharm to Thailand .... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DBath said:

I wouldn’t take seriously ANY news coming out of China. 

I dont believe them, maybe against  the original Covid 19 but not against the Delta strain. I guess they  forgot about the articles saying after 2 jabs of Sinovac against the original strain it loses 50% of its antibodies in the first 40 days. After 80 days it loses another 50%, So does it get stronger against Delta? I dont think so China. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Shanghai's Fosum Pharma company is building out a facility to produce BioNTech (Pfizer) vaccine.  China will be giving this locally produced vaccine out as a "booster" dose over 2 doses of Sinovac and Sinopharm.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Caixin/China-to-use-BioNTech-vaccine-as-booster-shot-sources-say

The problem is the mRNA vaccine from BioNTech is not yet "approved" in China ...

If your article had any weight then the Chinese people wouldn't need a "booster" dose to combat the Delta variant.

China is trying to confuse the rest of the world at this point so their local Covid-19 vaccines don't look bad.  Plus, China can continue to sell their Sinovac / Sinopharm to Thailand .... 

The trouble with any news that comes out of China goes way beyond just misinformation about covid and you are correct, this is just another one of their misinformation campaigns. It is nearly impossible to get any kind of 'straight scoop' out of the CCP's tightly controlled news media in China.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:49 AM, 55Jay said:

Interesting comments above.  I'm not anti-vax. Being ex-mil, I've been stabbed and jabbed more times than I can remember, up to and including 1/2 way through the controversial Anthrax vaccine series. 

My reservations about this particular vaccine program began with the unprofessional behavior of my home country's elected leader (at the time) boasting about project "Warp Speed", arm-twisting industry to speed up the normally deliberate, methodical process.  I get the sense of urgency, no issue there obviously, and stress can be a positive motivator.  It can also lead to higher risk of errors in judgement and performance.   That whole scene was a s**t show IMO and didn't inspire confidence, so I made a note to self that I wouldn't be the first guy in line for whatever vaccine resulted from the expedited process. 

Turns out I'm not eligible for a vaccine here in Thailand anyway due to age and no qualifying medical conditions.  Fortuitous upside is knowing data continues to be collected and analyzed around the world.  By the time I get the vaccine, it could be an improved 2.0 version. 

F.D.A. Grants Full Approval to Pfizer-BioNTech Covid Vaccine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fda-grants-full-approval-to-pfizer-biontech-covid-vaccine/ar-AAND6kw?li=BBnb7Kz

On 8/18/2021 at 7:54 AM, paahlman said:

I do not understand why they do not use some of the astra zeneca Siam Bioscience produce 15 milllion doses of a month. Better profit to sell it I guess...

The answer to my question is now clear. Made on license and Zeneca demands they export a certain percent of it. If they do not they break the contract. Makes more sense.