2nd shot in UK before returning to Thailand

britishjohn

I've had one astra zeneca vaccine shot here in Thailand and I plan to fly to the UK, visit family and get the second shot before returning to Thailand.

However I can see problems. I will have two pieces of paper showing the 2 different shots in 2 diffferent countries, but I'm not certain if that be accepted. I will be fully vaccinated of course but I'm not certain if the documentation I have will be satisfactory.

Sandbox website says:

The vaccine certificate/card must be issued by a government authority either in digital or paper format (document issued by private entities will not be accepted). The vaccine certificate must contain the following information:
The travellers' personal details, including name, date of brith, nationality and passport number.

Anyone have any advice about this ? 

Also if I go into quarantine in Bangkok instead, does that require full vaccination ?

• Haha 1

After having done the Bangkok quarantine I would say without any word of a doubt that the sandbox holds more appeal. I'm heading back to the UK after I renew my visa in 8 weeks time and there is no doubt I will attempt to come back via the sandbox. Plus I will be chasing vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The current situation in bkk requires full 14 day quarantine irregardless of your vaccination status…

thailand needs the light to go off and allow fully vaccinated people to enter w/o quarantine…if not, volume entry numbers will never exist…

No many coming anyway with a raging pandemic and only 7% of the population vaccinated.

Probably not many flights either, no money flying half empty planes.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

After having done the Bangkok quarantine I would say without any word of a doubt that the sandbox holds more appeal. I'm heading back to the UK after I renew my visa in 8 weeks time and there is no doubt I will attempt to come back via the sandbox. Plus I will be chasing vaccines.

You wont need to look hard in the Uk they are free and readily available to all no questions asked about anything

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

No many coming anyway with a raging pandemic and only 7% of the population vaccinated.

Probably not many flights either, no money flying half empty planes.

I dont know but i think they would be happy with 50% capacity

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The current situation in bkk requires full 14 day quarantine irregardless of your vaccination status…

thailand needs the light to go off and allow fully vaccinated people to enter w/o quarantine…if not, volume entry numbers will never exist…

I think the self elected PM will find some excuse to charge people entering the country even after the borders are fully opened again, whether it is insurance or some made up tax.

13 hours ago, Almer said:

You wont need to look hard in the Uk they are free and readily available to all no questions asked about anything

Will it be 100% safe to get double vaccinated in both here and the UK? That way you are sure of the best vaccines.