Successful Registration for Pfizer at Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen

4MyEgo

I also just came back from the Hospital, I got my vaccine certificate with the QR code on it. I said I wanted a third dose,     They offered me Pfizer, free of charge. I was surprised and said sure.  I will get a call when to come back.                                        

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thaitom said:

I also just came back from the Hospital, I got my vaccine certificate with the QR code on it. I said I wanted a third dose,     They offered me Pfizer, free of charge. I was surprised and said sure.  I will get a call when to come back.                                        

What hospital, area and what vaccine did you get as your 1st and 2nd doses if I can ask ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

What hospital, area and what vaccine did you get as your 1st and 2nd doses if I can ask ?

Phopphra. Very nice people here, no fuss ,  They gave me two doses of  Sinovac, I had my choice to take AstraZeneca, but I specifically needed Sinovac for A Chinese Visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Phopphra. Very nice people here, no fuss ,  They gave me two doses of  Sinovac, I had my choice to take AstraZeneca, but I specifically needed Sinovac for A Chinese Visa.

There is a space for a third dose on the vaccine certificate, I just noticed it.

• Thanks 1

Trying to decide if its worth it to wait an additional 3 weeks to get the Pfizer Sept 12 instead of AZ on Aug 21. It does seem that AZ would be more of a sure thing now compared to Pfizer 3+ weeks out.

What are the pros and cons of Pfizer vs AZ?

In a world that will be using vaccination passports will one vaccine be preferable over another?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Trying to decide if its worth it to wait an additional 3 weeks to get the Pfizer Sept 12 instead of AZ on Aug 21. It does seem that AZ would be more of a sure thing now compared to Pfizer 3+ weeks out.

In a world that will be using vaccination passports will one vaccine be preferable over another?

Pfizer is a mRNA,   read this....https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Take into consideration with the Pfizer jab you will get the 2nd Pfizer 3 weeks later.

With the AZ the 2nd jab will be 8 or 12 weeks later ( i’ve lost track ) and could possibly be Sinovac .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Take into consideration with the Pfizer jab you will get the 2nd Pfizer 3 weeks later.

With the AZ the 2nd jab will be 8 or 12 weeks later ( i’ve lost track ) and could possibly be Sinovac .

Can you provide your source that the second dose could be Sinovac.  I've heard of facilities now using AZ after Sinovac, but that is known upfront and that second appointment is usually 3 or 4 weeks after the first. 

I have not heard of any instances when you show up for the 2nd AZ jab appointment (yes it is after 12 weeks) where they have done (or plan to do ) a switch from what is on your appointment slip and you are only offered Sinovac. If your source is creditable I will look into obtaining a Pfizer vaccine as my second jab.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lightsidecat said:

Can you provide your source that the second dose could be Sinovac.  I've heard of facilities now using AZ after Sinovac, but that is known upfront and that second appointment is usually 3 or 4 weeks after the first. 

I have not heard of any instances when you show up for the 2nd AZ jab appointment (yes it is after 12 weeks) where they have done (or plan to do ) a switch from what is on your appointment slip and you are only offered Sinovac. If your source is creditable I will look into obtaining a Pfizer vaccine as my second jab.

You could be correct that AZ after Sinovac is normal “ mix and match “ approach and not the other way round.

I have no source to my earlier suggestion, only thought I had read it on here.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

To be honest I didn't look at AZ as I turned down a jab on 7 June when I registered with the Mor Pom site, and the reason I did tune it down at that time was because all one would hear was clotting and deaths, albeit it seems that all of that hype has died down now, but at the time I wasn't prepared to risk it and a couple of weeks later registered and paid for Moderna as the only way out for me in October.

The above said, for me it makes sense to get Pfizer as I will, if I can push the Moderna vaccine back to next year as a booster if they allow me to.

I believe AZ is ok, just look at the UK and Thailand, millions of people having been vaccinated with it, that said it's a personal choice and if I had no other option, I would probably and more than likely take the AZ jab if I had to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malathione said:

Wonder when registration will start for us under 60's!

Only way at the moment for under 60's is if you have a pre-existing condition, my wife also has to wait as she is under 60 unless she takes Sinovac which is a no brainer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Only way at the moment for under 60's is if you have a pre-existing condition, my wife also has to wait as she is under 60 unless she takes Sinovac which is a no brainer.

Yup, unfortunately. Hopefully, the private hospitals come through sooner rather than later even if I have my doubts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Owiee said:

Thank you for posting this. I hope the hospital in Udon Thani  opens up the same booking process. 

You can check on this site for private hospitals that are offering vaccines. https://thailandintervac.com/

At this time the only one here in Issan is the one in KK.

You might still be able to register here. https://expatvac.consular.go.th/  Be sure you create a JPEG file with copies of your passport photo page extension stamp or a valid visa entry.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, KeeTua said:

Some here on 'Asean Now' say that the UK and EU (USA ?) do not accept the Thai-made AZ. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Any word about Moderna at Rajapreuk in Oct.?

I've paid half and not heard anything for ages. 

I have also paid for Moderna, but in full, for me and the wife, no updates at Udon Thani, although we do hope it does arrive in October because if I do get a email confirmation from BKK Hospital in KK for my September appointment, that will mean I will get the 2nd dose of Pfizer in October, so won't require the Moderna jab till next year as a booster (if required), I don't see why not, I could make sort of like an annual Influenza shot in say the following October as opposed to losing my 3,300 baht.

What is more important is that my wife gets her Moderna jab in October i.e. if it's on schedule and when I go again the following year, she can get a booster as well, kind of like his and hers, matching jabs....lol

I remember when we went to pay, I said for 2 and my wife said you must love so much Tiruk, I said don't get ahead of yourself love, need someone to cook and look after the kids, an uppercut was her reaction, a playful one that is ???? 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Checked on my first AZ jab and BPH said definitely AZ second jab in 12 weeks. I would be more worried about Pfizer not being available than AZ as everyone seems after it and it is being used for 3rd jab on medics and the longer period between lengthens the effectiveness of AZ

15 hours ago, kalasiner said:

Some here on 'Asean Now' say that the UK and EU (USA ?) do not accept the Thai-made AZ. 

Not true -UK has said it will accept Thai manufactured AZ as it is a UK patent and has been thoroughly checked out

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Checked on my first AZ jab and BPH said definitely AZ second jab in 12 weeks. I would be more worried about Pfizer not being available than AZ as everyone seems after it and it is being used for 3rd jab on medics and the longer period between lengthens the effectiveness of AZ

Yes, I think the option of AZ followed by Sinovac has been dropped going by this research.

F69D9787-7111-46ED-9F5E-9BB7DA0B942A.jpeg.741ffdfac2a38f942421942e1a6ce0b0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 11:45 AM, thaitom said:

but I specifically needed Sinovac for A Chinese Visa.

What vaccine's does China accept for entry?

I'll Google it. 

Edited by MrJ2U

On 8/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can check on this site for private hospitals that are offering vaccines. https://thailandintervac.com/

At this time the only one here in Issan is the one in KK.

You might still be able to register here. https://expatvac.consular.go.th/  Be sure you create a JPEG file with copies of your passport photo page extension stamp or a valid visa entry.

Hi ubonjoe. Do they have a site for booking the vaccine for Thai nationals. My wife and I are currently overseas but would like to book my wife’s parents for the Pfizer vaccine. They are both in Khon Kaen. 

2 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Hi ubonjoe. Do they have a site for booking the vaccine for Thai nationals. My wife and I are currently overseas but would like to book my wife’s parents for the Pfizer vaccine. They are both in Khon Kaen. 

They may able to register via the Mor Phrom app. Best if they ask the local health volunteer for help or the village head.

• Thanks 1

This site is weird, having registered for the Pfizer jab when I posted this topic on Wednesday the 18th, I decided to go back and see where the available appointments were currently at, and when I pressed Pfizer, it showed 12 September, the date I was booked in for, but will all the time slots having a 0 for the number of people having booked, whereas when I booked it showed the actual number of people booked in the time slots for that day.

I also found a check status online tab under the vaccines to choose, it then asked me for my passport number and when I put it in, it said Mr...my first name and n/a which is what I put for middle name and there was a number 3 under my name.

What to make of all of this I have no idea as I still haven't received an email confirmation from them, suffice to say I know number 3 doesn't sound right because there were at least 20 bookings for the appointment slot I chose on the 12th September.

I also had a look at AZ and there are bookings for the 5th September with the number of people who have booked for appointments in the time slots.

Anyone have a clue ? 

Should one try their luck and try booking an AZ jab if the site allows one too because having already registered for the Pfizer, maybe one will get stopped ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

11 hours ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

I will be going to KhonKaen tomorrow (21st) for my AstraZeneca jab. Which will be my first jab, so i will find out what is on offer for the second jab.

What area are you in please ?

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This site is weird, having registered for the Pfizer jab when I posted this topic on Wednesday the 18th, I decided to go back and see where the available appointments were currently at, and when I pressed Pfizer, it showed 12 September, the date I was booked in for, but will all the time slots having a 0 for the number of people having booked, whereas when I booked it showed the actual number of people booked in the time slots for that day.

I also found a check status online tab under the vaccines to choose

You have it backwards, those numbers started at 50 or 75 depending on time slot and then as people registered the number went down. I had checked back a few times wondering how quickly the slots for jabs would be taken.

I don't see the check status you mention and tried different browsers, is there a trick to see it?

edit: this is the site I was looking for check status

https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/Registation-Pfizer.php

Edited by KeeTua
  • Thanks 1