Successful Registration for Pfizer at Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen

4MyEgo

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I also found a check status online tab under the vaccines to choose, it then asked me for my passport number and when I put it in, it said Mr...my first name and n/a which is what I put for middle name and there was a number 3 under my name.

What to make of all of this I have no idea as I still haven't received an email confirmation from them, suffice to say I know number 3 doesn't sound right because there were at least 20 bookings for the appointment slot I chose on the 12th September.

I found the check status: https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/checkstatus.php

I have a number 3 also but no idea what it indicates.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Are you on the same date as me, e.g. 12 September at the 1pm time slot ?

Also if I can ask what province your from please.

I per-registered back when they said it was for AZ jabs on Aug.21 but I selected Pfizer from a drop-down menu. I posted about this in the "Online Vaccine Registration Open At Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital" topic of this forum. I'm pretty sure I selected the 1:00 slot for Aug 21 so maybe they put me in the same slot for Sept 12.

I live in Khon Kaen province.

If you're trying to figure out what the 3 is for our status that could be the third time slot for the day.

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
13:00 PM - 14:00 PM
14:00 PM - 15:00 PM
15:00 PM - 16:00 PM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I per-registered back when they said it was for AZ jabs on Aug.21 but I selected Pfizer from a drop-down menu. I posted about this in the "Online Vaccine Registration Open At Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital" topic of this forum. I'm pretty sure I selected the 1:00 slot for Aug 21 so maybe they put me in the same slot for Sept 12.

I live in Khon Kaen province.

If you're trying to figure out what the 3 is for our status that could be the third time slot for the day.

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
13:00 PM - 14:00 PM
14:00 PM - 15:00 PM
15:00 PM - 16:00 PM

Thanks for that, that makes perfect sense.

I am from Udon Thani which is a neighbouring province, so hoping they will accept that.

Let's keep everyone up to date when we receive our confirmation of appointment emails.

Do you have a backup plan if this doesn't come good ?

28 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I did exactly the same like you did, same date, time and vaccine. A few days ago I called them why I did not get a confirmation for 21 aug.
They told me the Pfizer is rescheduled to 12 sept. They expect to receive the Pfizer vaccin between 5 and 12 september

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Let's keep everyone up to date when we receive our confirmation of appointment emails.

Do you have a backup plan if this doesn't come good ?

I'll be sure to post here if and when I get an invitation for Sept. 12.

Backup plan? Just continue to lay low. Vaccinations appear to be gaining momentum so hopefully the wait won't be too long if this one fails to materialize.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travelalone said:

They told me the Pfizer is rescheduled to 12 sept. They expect to receive the Pfizer vaccin between 5 and 12 september

Did you check your status here:
https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/checkstatus.php

Thanks to 4MyEgo for pointing out the ability to check!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I'll be sure to post here if and when I get an invitation for Sept. 12.

Backup plan? Just continue to lay low. Vaccinations appear to be gaining momentum so hopefully the wait won't be too long if this one fails to materialize.

Yeh like wise, backup plan is paid for Moderna for October in Udon Thani, but I am pretty confident Khon Kaen will pull through, if not, it will be Udon Thani in October if Moderna comes through, otherwise will be up Sheet Creek as they say.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

What area are you in please ?

I live 25 Km to the west of Nong Bua Lam Phu.  So about 138 Km drive to the vaccination centre in KhonKaen

I just got back from KhonKaen after having my first AZ vaccination, and was told to go back on the 22nd October for my second AZ jab. 

Excellent service, in had the jab and 20 min rest and out in 40 mins. And the car parking in central shopping mall was free as well

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, KeeTua said:

Did you check your status here:
https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/checkstatus.php

Thanks to 4MyEgo for pointing out the ability to check!

When I click on that & enter my p/p number as requested, I get the same as others above - my 2 given names + the number '3', and all in red. And nothing else to do by way of click for further information.

I had registered a few days ago & asked for Pfizer on 12 Sept. I'm remembering now that the number 3 is the number of slots there were available at the time I chose on the 12th, namely 1400-1500. So there may well be more than 3 of us competing for those 3 remaining slots at that time (sob sob).

Edited by mfd101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I had registered a few days ago & asked for Pfizer on 12 Sept. I'm remembering now that the number 3 is the number of slots there were available at the time I chose on the 12th, namely 1400-1500. So there may well be more than 3 of us competing for those 3 remaining slots at that time (sob sob).

I'm certain that's not the case. When I registered there were dozens of slots open at different times. But the fact you show a 3 also and you're in the 1400-1500 time slot eliminates my earlier guess that the number may indicate the time slot chosen. Maybe group priority ranking? I registered as over 60 (I am under 65). No underlying disease.

Edited by KeeTua
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I'm certain that's not the case. When I registered there were dozens of slots open at different times. But the fact you show a 3 also and you're in the 1400-1500 time slot eliminates my earlier guess that the number may indicate the time slot chosen. Maybe group priority ranking? I registered as over 60 (I am under 65). No underlying disease.

When did you register? Can't exactly remember when I did mine but about 4 or 5 days ago I think. If your registration was before that then there's no necessary conflict between your 'dozens of slots open at different times' and my chosen slot showing only 3 slots available for Pfizer at 1400-1500 on 12 Sept. And the number '3' showing for me now simply means: Competing for one of 3 slots at that time on that day.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

When did you register? Can't exactly remember when I did mine but about 4 or 5 days ago I think. If your registration was before that then there's no necessary conflict between your 'dozens of slots open at different times' and my chosen slot showing only 3 slots available for Pfizer at 1400-1500 on 12 Sept. And the number '3' showing for me now simply means: Competing for one of 3 slots at that time on that day.

I am coming to think that 3 would means a group in the time slots allocated, or it represents a hold till they get a firm confirmation that they Pfizer heading their way sometime between 5 September and 12 September as some have mentioned.

Once the confirmation comes for them then they role out the emails by pressing 3 for all concerned ?

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am coming to think that 3 would mean a group in the time slots allocated, or it represents a hold till they get a firm confirmation that they Pfizer heading their way sometime between 5 September and 12 September as sone have mentioned.

Yes, could be. In any case we're all on hold till we're not.

I must say I have considerable confidence in the KK process (clean, well-designed rego form etc) but no longer any expectations of the expatvac site. (Though the latter may come to the party just in time to present us with awkward choices at the last moment. If that were to occur I think I would stick with KK despite the 600km round-trip, partly because of the need for certainty re the 2nd jab to follow.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, could be. In any case we're all on hold till we're not.

I must say I have considerable confidence in the KK process (clean, well-designed rego form etc) but no longer any expectations of the expatvac site. (Though the latter may come to the party just in time to present us with awkward choices at the last moment. If that were to occur I think I would stick with KK despite the 600km round-trip, partly because of the need for certainty re the 2nd jab to follow.)

Also, at least with this site, we weren't ask to upload docs with an upload + button that wouldn't allow us to upload more docs as requested in the Expatvac site and we can click on the site, put in our passport details and see that we are in, now just a matter of time, say around 5 September or so before we get a confirmation email that it's a go, failing that, if Expatvac is a fail which I believe it is, then I will wait till October to see where they are at with the Moderna at Udon Thani that I paid for in full.

As you can see, I haven't got all of my eggs in one basket, especially in Thailand.

We wait and see what will transpire, no point in holding out breath.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

Checked the status this morning https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/checkstatus.php
Along with name and passport number this is the info displayed:

Vaccine:Pfizer
Status : Application Received and on processing for verification.
Comment :

On 8/20/2021 at 2:38 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I have also paid for Moderna, but in full, for me and the wife, no updates at Udon Thani, although we do hope it does arrive in October because if I do get a email confirmation from BKK Hospital in KK for my September appointment, that will mean I will get the 2nd dose of Pfizer in October, so won't require the Moderna jab till next year as a booster (if required), I don't see why not, I could make sort of like an annual Influenza shot in say the following October as opposed to losing my 3,300 baht.

What is more important is that my wife gets her Moderna jab in October i.e. if it's on schedule and when I go again the following year, she can get a booster as well, kind of like his and hers, matching jabs....lol

I remember when we went to pay, I said for 2 and my wife said you must love so much Tiruk, I said don't get ahead of yourself love, need someone to cook and look after the kids, an uppercut was her reaction, a playful one that is ???? 

I have done the same but at wattana Udon Thani their advice was don't expect anything before the end of the year....

image.png.8c3a5d1a56dd1f5dc3f9d975a67e9d70.png

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, starky said:

I have done the same but at wattana Udon Thani their advice was don't expect anything before the end of the year....

Been a slight change regarding me getting a jab now at KK and then waiting on Moderna at Udon Thani in October as I received a dose of Pfizer at Udon Thani yesterday fortunately, a mate of mine text me on Sunday and said that registration was happening at the Provincial Heath Office and vaccination was Monday.

Sometimes luck happens, going back in 3 weeks for my 2nd dose and will use Moderna shot next year for a booster, if they don't put the date back for me, then I will get one of my wife's family members to take it as I believe a transfer of name is permitted.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-registered with ThailandIntervac.com I've been checking my status daily and finally this evening it gave me the time and location of 1st (Sept.12) and 2nd (Oct.3) Pfizer jabs along with a registration number.

So far I haven't received any email or SMS confirmation so if anyone is waiting on that you might want to check your status online: https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/checkstatus.php

Edited by KeeTua