E mail sign in problems

HAPPYNUFF

I  am on my 3rd computer,   and by the way, this Lenovo would have to be the worst of the worst,  as   a friend  has also found out.

However, my present problem is...   in trying  to   type in my e mail address  to connect with  someone new..

Each of my  computers have, over time,   broken  down in as much   I cannot type that  strange A letter that   goes into your e mail address, you know  the one

I mean , where you put   your e mail name.....John smithA gmail.com........(you see I cant  type the actual letter, that is situated in the upper case  of the numeral 2 on the keyboard.

Twice I have   this fixed, but the problem reappears     Any suggestions please.

You need to change your keyboard layout to US English.

If you don't know how to do that the you can probably make the at sign (I think you know that's what it's called...) for the time being by holding shift and pressing the comma/inverted comma key (, ")

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JayClay said:

If you don't know how to do that the you can probably make the at sign (I think you know that's what it's called...) for the time being by holding shift and pressing the comma/inverted comma key (, ")

Yup, the key you want is just to the left of the <Enter> key.

Or you could hold down the Alt key and type 64 on the numeric pad (assuming a desktop keyboard).

Other handy Alt codes here https://www.alt-codes.net/ get all those symbols you really need to hide those profanities.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JayClay said:

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yup, the key you want is just to the left of the <Enter> key.

Or you could hold down the Alt key and type 64 on the numeric pad (assuming a desktop keyboard).

Other handy Alt codes here https://www.alt-codes.net/ get all those symbols you really need to hide those profanities.

19 hours ago, treetops said:

This one:

I was going to say the same but there is no need for me to add comment.

The first time it happens is always a challenge to figure out.

I went through this problem a few times in the past and as you say that is the fix each time.

Its an example of how useful the forum can be. Solved very quickly.
Great response by all of you.