Travel after completing Sandbox

pj123

I read here: https://royalvacationdmc.com/blog/phuket-sandbox/

"Guests must stay at least 14 Nights in Phuket before traveling to any other Province around the Country. They will need to do an RT PCR test 72 hours prior to Departure. In addition, they must present it with the COVID 19 Vaccination certificate to the Checking Point at this Destination. "

Is this correct? I am thinking of someone who will do their 12 day test on 29 September, Night 14 is 1 October, so they will fly to Bangkok (if available by then) on 2 October. If they have their Day 12 test in the morning of 29th and fly to Bangkok in the afternoon of 2nd, they cannot rely on their 12 Day test to meet this requirement for a clear RT PCR test for onward travel as it is more than 72 hours

So in this example he should try to do his Day 12 test as late as possible so it falls within the 72 hour rule, or fly as early as possible on 2 October. Or do another RT PCR test.

Are there any people reading this thread who have recently completed quarantine or sandbox and have experience of traveling to other parts of the country once released ?  Would be interested to hear what the situation is on the ground ... no flights, inter-provincial buses, etc

• Like 2

My reason for asking is we have an engineer traveling from Europe to do some work for us and he will be using the Sandbox before flying to Bangkok or maybe U-Tapao. I want to make sure his planning is based on the most up to date information. I will also be using the Sandbox in the first week of November.  

• Like 1

At the moment , there are only the south islands you can travel to outside of Phuket. The ones who have the same Sandbox rules. There are no domestic flights ( bar one I heard for Utapao) once a week os something. No buses tor travel into mainland travel allowed. Hard to say what happens in a month as Covid is on the rise in Phuket ., and very bad on the mainland. I’ve heard from’friends that there are a few restaurants open in the Rawai are if looking for SHA hotels.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2021 at 4:15 PM, Tony125 said:

As other poster said that is false information. You can get a special sandbox tourist bus that will take you to Suvanpoom Airport for 1500 baht and then get transport from there.

Sorry but that was not what I heard from friends on Phuket, and the printed rules for not leaving/ entering the island . Last week came the rule that you can use the other south islands mentioned on the Sandbox program.  Otherwise, what was the use of this program at all if everyone can come and go as they please. ??

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, geisha said:

At the moment , there are only the south islands you can travel to outside of Phuket. The ones who have the same Sandbox rules. There are no domestic flights ( bar one I heard for Utapao) once a week os something. No buses tor travel into mainland travel allowed. Hard to say what happens in a month as Covid is on the rise in Phuket ., and very bad on the mainland. I’ve heard from’friends that there are a few restaurants open in the Rawai are if looking for SHA hotels.

I have also heard that Rawai is one of the busier area’s along with Laguna area as this is were there are most expat residents.

But regrind travel off the island, your comments are rubbish. One read of the ‘Sandbox’ facebook groups highlights exactly how people are travelling off the island to other areas of Thailand. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 8:17 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I have also heard that Rawai is one of the busier area’s along with Laguna area as this is were there are most expat residents.

But regrind travel off the island, your comments are rubbish. One read of the ‘Sandbox’ facebook groups highlights exactly how people are travelling off the island to other areas of Thailand. 

Hi, this is what I read, can’t print from Facebook, 

phuket provincial order no 4627/2564 

upgrading of travel screening.  From 17 th August 2021 to 31 August 2021.

it clearly states top of page that all types of vehicles are prohibited from entering 

Phuket, ( except transport , urgencies etc) 

Either by land, ( Chat Chai) by water( port) and domestic channels ( Phuket International Airport ).

Theres lots more “:must be vaccinated, Must be tested RT. PCR “:for those that can enter.

So sorry for confusing myself with “Official “ rubbish , friends at Rawai says that’s the law at the moment but obviously people are getting through, and that if you’ve finished your sandbox with all the documents needed you can leave to mainland but it’s highly discouraged.