Is Thailand Post safe and secured to used.?

Majulah

9 minutes ago, Majulah said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's France's La Poste for you!   #

What solid gold watch was it that cost only B31,000?   I've forgotten, sorry.

Pre owned 18K solid gold Baume & Mercier ladies watch.

Quite the bargain at that price for "solid gold".   Why did you sell it so cheaply, was it not working, perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Quite the bargain at that price for "solid gold".   Why did you sell it so cheaply, was it not working, perhaps?

Watch working well. Total weight almost 20 grams. Selling cheap as I'm already old, tired and living alone in Thailand. Trying to off load all my jewelries and properties and pull the plug.

9 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Is it legal / advisable to get medication (Tablets) sent from the UK ? if it was sent by special delivery from the UK would it be sent on from Bangkok to my home address by ordinary post ? 

They have to be Thai FDA approved.   If it gets past Customs, it will be delivered, door to door, by which ever postal service you paid for (isn't 'Special Delivery' UK only?).   If there is import duty to be paid you will have to collect it from your local delivery office.

1 minute ago, Majulah said:

Watch working well. Total weight almost 20 grams. Selling cheap as I'm already old, tired and living alone in Thailand. Trying to off load all my jewelries and properties and pull the plug.

What else have you got that you may want to off load.  PM me if you like.

Just now, ColeBOzbourne said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Another good example of the awful USPS!

Have to disagree. Never in my life have I had something not arrive when mailed only inside the USA either to me or from me. The USPS is quick and has been 100% reliable for me.

Talking about international post originated from US (USPS).

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They have to be Thai FDA approved.   If it gets past Customs, it will be delivered, door to door, by which ever postal service you paid for (isn't 'Special Delivery' UK only?).   If there is import duty to be paid you will have to collect it from your local delivery office.

Thanks for that, I meant that sending from the UK using special delivery would stop being special when it arrived at Bangkok and would therefor revert to ordinary post, I might try and price up DHL or another courier I am assuming if I can get the meds i need in Thailand they would be FDA approved ?

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Talking about international post originated from US (USPS).

Yes, and my point was that if something goes wrong, I think there is a much higher probability that it happened in the Thai Postal Service rather than in the USPS. Just my opinion. Judging from your replies on here you have a personal bias against the USPS and the Royal Mail employees and are eager to defend the Thai Postal Service against all comers. Just your opinion as well. Agree to disagree.

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand Post is safe to use if it's used properly.    Expecting compensation in excess of that offered by EMS (B3,000 for documents or B7,000 for merchandise) is ridiculous.   Accept the B7,000, you've been offered the maximum compensation that you paid for, it won't be increased.

"Solid gold watch ... sold for B31,000".

What watch?

It doesn't matter, the gold would probably be worth that now.

• Confused 1

Sorry about your loss. Thai Post has not been reliable for my incoming air mail but domestic mail generally OK. I was surprised about the EMS failure - never had a problem with that - but these are testing times. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I went down TP this morning. Seem they giving excuses saying they need response from France PO before issuing compensation. But France PO tracking show this package never left Thailand at all.

See the question mark on top. This is TP Scam..!!

89A82168-A5BC-4F2E-8601-4E7CF769CAD6.jpeg

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Thai Post has not been reliable for my incoming air mail but domestic mail generally OK.

Thailand Post has nothing to do with incoming airmail until it gets to Suvarnabhumi, the originating country controls that!   Once it's here, why should it be any different from local mail as far as delivery is concerned?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Majulah said:
3 hours ago, nauseus said:

I went down TP this morning. Seem they giving excuses saying they need response from France PO before issuing compensation. But France PO tracking show this package never left Thailand at all.

See the question mark on top. This is TP Scam..!!

This is not a scam.   For you to be paid compensation for lost post the item has to be confirmed as lost, not in transit, that is why TP has to liaise with La Poste.   As can clearly be seen from the tracking that you keep posting, it clearly states that it departed Thailand.   That means that it is not in Thailand, it has departed!

Edit: Thinking about it, perhaps it is a scam, a  La Poste scam, as they are the ones apparently responding tardily.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Absolutely.

Altogether there are 5 condo units for resale. 3 under my name the other 2 under my brother name. The building around 11 years old purchased from new. Here one of them, https://www.dotproperty.co.th/en/condo-for-sale-in-kho-hong-songkhla_4009870

My vintage Gub Glashutte watch collections for sale in Chrono 24 under Thailand Reseller. https://www.chrono24.co.th/search/index.htm?query=gub+glashutte&dosearch=true&searchexplain=true&watchTypes=U&accessoryTypes=&goal_suggest=1&loggedOut=1

My personal 18K solid gold TAG Heuer watch here, https://www.chrono24.co.th/tagheuer/6000-gold--id17883233.htm?loggedOut=1

Another personel half gold TAG Heuer watch for sale here, https://www.chrono24.co.th/tagheuer/6000-series-wh5253-k1-18k-yellow-gold--steel-watch--id17861296.htm?loggedOut=1

Price are negotiable.

23 minutes ago, actonion said:

A few years ago  my Sister sent by  Registered post  a UK bank Debit card to me here in Thaland, after 2 months of waiting  it never arrived........My gorlfriend at that time, her father was a high ranking Bangkok police man, she told her father  about my card, the father  spoke to someone in the Bangkok post office..within a few days my card arrived in a tattered envelope  with a label saying that this is how it arrived in Thailand  .B.S 

I'm online trader for many years. In recent years, I notice more and more seller's are not interested to ship their good's to Thailand especially western countries. This is very bad for Thailand and worst for those living here that wanted to buy item's not available in Thailand.  

2 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Unless you have only used it once, would that still be good going? What % loss do you consider good going?

Tell you frankly been law abidings since day one retiring here alone to enjoys my golden years in peace, happiness and harmony. However there's always a limit to my more than 15 years of tolerances especially in recent years. I still have a bit of moneys in my home country bank that could make Government's all over this whole planet to welcome me to retire in their country.

Losses is part of everyone life's, it inevitable. Imagine if you were told 20K max compensation that turned out to be 7K compensation by a statutory board and also the refusal to deliver my package arrived in my area Post Office and sent it back to BKK out bound mail center. My point is, i don't think local Thais are treated the same. It better for me to leave.  

Mainly good experience with incoming packages. I don't want to use couriers for most things because they don't have Thailand Posts exemption from import taxes if value less B1,500 and often even overcharge tax. Loss rate over several years is less than 1%.  

With domestic unregistered domestic mail I recently sent a cheque from the mail box in my village as I didn't wan to go to PO during COVID. The cheque took 2 months to arrive in another part of Bangkok. causing loads of grief.  I understand why Thai usually use registered post or EMS instead of unregistered mail but queueing up at the PO is not my idea of fun.

I once ordered a telescopic sight from Europe costing over 1,000 euros.  I ordered by mail as it was cheapest but the supplied refused to send by post saying  the maximum insurance cover of Thailand post was far too low to cover the cost of the item. So they sent it via UPS.  For high value items I think the cost of couriers makes sense, unless you are prepared to take the hit with a low insurance pay out. But I am not sure if they will all ship gold and jewellery. 

I once bought 6 antique gold sovereigns at an auction in London online and asked them to ship to my mother's address in the UK by registered mail.  But the auction house got the instruction wrong and sent them to my home address in Bangkok. To my surprise they arrived at my door with no problem. 

• Like 2

The only issues I have had with Thai Post over the years has not been with the international process but with the very local delivery service.

That has actually improved dramatically over the last few years including the "covid" times even including junk mail". I credit the prolific Courier Companies for that competition.

Admittedly I have only once sent outgoing mail but to send a "solid gold watch" by any Postal Service  is something I would hesitate in doing Tracked or even Registered services.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, LoeiI said:

Thanks for that, I meant that sending from the UK using special delivery would stop being special when it arrived at Bangkok and would therefor revert to ordinary post, I might try and price up DHL or another courier I am assuming if I can get the meds i need in Thailand they would be FDA approved ?

I don't know what meds you need but I have some for high blood pressure and high cholesterol and have had to get some in Thailand. A couple of them had to be swapped due the hospital not having the ones I have in the UK. I checked with the doctor when I got back and they were ok.

I'm over 60 so I get free prescriptions in the UK but if I were comparing the prices in Thailand to the prescription charges in the UK they would be cheaper.

On 8/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, Nojohndoe said:

The only issues I have had with Thai Post over the years has not been with the international process but with the very local delivery service.

That has actually improved dramatically over the last few years including the "covid" times even including junk mail". I credit the prolific Courier Companies for that competition.

Admittedly I have only once sent outgoing mail but to send a "solid gold watch" by any Postal Service  is something I would hesitate in doing Tracked or even Registered services.

Most post sent to my wife at our home address is delivered to her local government office nearly 11 km away. That confused me and the only explanation I got from my wife was "the post lady knows me". 

9 hours ago, kimamey said:

I don't know what meds you need but I have some for high blood pressure and high cholesterol and have had to get some in Thailand. A couple of them had to be swapped due the hospital not having the ones I have in the UK. I checked with the doctor when I got back and they were ok.

I'm over 60 so I get free prescriptions in the UK but if I were comparing the prices in Thailand to the prescription charges in the UK they would be cheaper.

Yeah I'm over 60 and type 2 with high bp so my prescriptions are free in the UK but i need insulin which i would have to return home for or get here in Thailand just trying to get all the info i can especially as Thailand is now on the UK Red list, did you get your meds at the pharmacy or the hospital ?

38 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Yeah I'm over 60 and type 2 with high bp so my prescriptions are free in the UK but i need insulin which i would have to return home for or get here in Thailand just trying to get all the info i can especially as Thailand is now on the UK Red list, did you get your meds at the pharmacy or the hospital ?

At the hospital. I have the advantage that my wife is a government employee so I get free health care but I doubt it's that expensive. I pay for the prescription though. 

Depending where you are a private hospital might be a possibility. I have 2 I can go to. One is the normal state hospital in Mahasarakham and I think the other is connected to the university.