24 foreigners, Thais arrested after raid at luxury villa in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

On 8/21/2021 at 3:38 PM, Doctor Tom said:

Some people here just think that laws don't matter and you can do whatever you feel like doing.  You see it in lots of posts on various forums, where this kind of behavior is almost admired by some. Thailand is not a free for all State, some need to learn that fact. This lot did.  

Just like the Thai policemen dining in a restaurant when the noble citizens were queuing outside but no charges of course for them as it was all a misunderstanding that the rules don't apply to them ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batty said:

Some of you people are so misserable with your comments, honestly.  This is a bunch of people who like the rest of us, are sick of the pandemic and the strict rules that go with it and decided to go a bit nuts for one night and enjoy life. I dont condone it and i understand why we have these rules in place its for the greater and long term good, but seriously "throw them in prison" and "deport them now" etc just for saying 'sod it, im sick of this, lets go party for a night'. Seems harsh to me. Give them a 20k fine or something sure, but prison? Deportation?

The majority of these party goers should receive similar fines to the Thai kids who were busted last week partying. Any foreigner taking hard drugs however is an absolute fool and sjould expect to be prosecuted according to the law.

We are all sick of lockdown and if the Samui plus and Phuket sandbox's are to suceed then the government will have to accept that these vaccinated tourist centres need to be seen to be opened up and safe to enjoy without fear of being busted for having honest and harmless fun ( no drugs).

3 hours ago, Batty said:

Some of you people are so misserable with your comments, honestly.  This is a bunch of people who like the rest of us, are sick of the pandemic and the strict rules that go with it and decided to go a bit nuts for one night and enjoy life. I dont condone it and i understand why we have these rules in place its for the greater and long term good, but seriously "throw them in prison" and "deport them now" etc just for saying 'sod it, im sick of this, lets go party for a night'. Seems harsh to me. Give them a 20k fine or something sure, but prison? Deportation?

Ok i take your point but what if one or more of these' people gave you or your wife. kids . covid the fact is they don't give any thought for others so now they have to pay the price 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, PEE TEE said:

Ok i take your point but what if one or more of these' people gave you or your wife. kids . covid the fact is they don't give any thought for others so now they have to pay the price 

already 2 have been tested positive 

4 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Why do you show a photo of Bonkin' Boris and other assorted weirdos here ?

is that a trick question? did you notice they weren't wearing any masks AND drinking alcohol? I guess the wearing of masks only applies to plebs like you and me? Any others thoughts welcome????

Edited by driver52

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that's Thailand?

Why not ask the former Revenue Department head who got life a few days ago if the law here doesn't apply to the rich and powerful?

Must have missed that one - details please?

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, sambum said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that's Thailand?

Why not ask the former Revenue Department head who got life a few days ago if the law here doesn't apply to the rich and powerful?

Must have missed that one - details please?

Here's the details you need...read the Bangkok Post over the last few days.   Or this forum.  Or Google it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 8/21/2021 at 4:38 AM, Doctor Tom said:

Some people here just think that laws don't matter and you can do whatever you feel like doing.  You see it in lots of posts on various forums, where this kind of behavior is almost admired by some. Thailand is not a free for all State, some need to learn that fact. This lot did.  

I think it’s premature to think such people actually learn. You can’t fix stupid. It’s more likely that the next time they think they can get away with something, they will try. “Repeat offenders”

• Like 1

What do you expect! Phuket sandbox, Samui, Phangna etc.

People come for a holiday.

Close the sandboxes and ban tourists if you do not want tourists coming to have fun. This govt is a disgrace!

Edited by Siamwaz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Here is an important point…

Were all at the party vaccinated?

As Canada has announced the opening of its borders to ALL countries citizens that have been vaccinated (with a pre entry covid test), why are vaccinated people being charged with crimes in Thailand and elsewhere?

The whole premise of beating Covid is for all to be vaccinated. We were told that once vaccinated then we could go back to “normal” but I see the authorities wanting to institute masks and quarantines unnecessary for the long term….maybe the rest of our lives if they find a covid case….?

I think that once a person is vaccinated then lets get on with life and living! Lets get our freedoms back. Take an idea from Canada with common sense. This FEAR thing has turned people mad.

If you are scared then stay home and order in.

Cheers.

The vaccinated can still spread it, especially the delta variant. That is a very recent development. The problem is that this is unprecedented, and each time we try to adapt it throws another curve. Not enough people have been vaccinated in Thailand to stop the spread. Stronger measures must remain in place, and it’s hard on everyone. There are counterfeit vaccination certificates being dumped into circulation by China. What works in Canada won’t necessarily work in Thailand. The US is still an insane bloody mess. And of course we have a slew of new laws that are seemingly randomly enforced. No happy endings yet. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
Expand
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

“The vaccinated can still spread covid, especially the delta variant”

Jonathan,

You statement is true and I do not dispute this.

MY POINT:

At what level of covid cases or vaccination percentage will you open up the Country?

Fact: The unvaccinated have opened themselves up to “severe symptoms” in the USA.

Vaccinated folk for the most part recuperate at home…or maybe have no symptoms.

The point is: VACCINATED folks should be open to live a life as we choose…especially after the majority of folks are vaccinated.

Hell, why not open bars to the vaccinated (show the certificate at the door) and open up?

Your premise is that unless there are zero cases then we should all be “locked up”.

This flu virus will be with us for years to come. People will die as they do from other flu viruses.

There needs to be put into place from CDC and governments an end game plan to this insanity.

Otherwise we are all sheep living in fear for years and years…

Cheers!

I think we agree that vaccinated people are still able to get and transmit covid. I think we also agree that the vast majority of the population in Thailand have not been (fully) vaccinated, (approximately 92%). Accordingly, the approach being adopted in Canada (and UK) is possibly the right one, but we are no where close to that here, even in sandboxes or their clones. 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, samtam said:

She, like all her fellow compatriots deserve respect, (and I did not call her selfish), when they have died, through no fault of their own. What I am saying is that Covid is so insidious that protecting yourself by ensuring your "household" do not intermingle is the most secure way of doing so. Any cases we have had in our condo have come from outside, not through selfish behaviour, but through people intermingling when they go about their daily lives, whether it's someone going to their office, or a maid going to the market.

My comment that you quoted was replying to someone who called her "selfish for dying" It has since been deleted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dirtybirty said:

Bet the lovely clowns at bophut mafia station are rubbing their hands together. Luxury villa, ooh big 000's prop goes away. 

They paid 10k each in fines, not going to make anyone rich. But yeah private villa cocaine and alcohol during a lockdown is PR for the department.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:22 PM, PumpkinEater said:

The point is: VACCINATED folks should be open to live a life as we choose…especially after the majority of folks are vaccinated.

Hell, why not open bars to the vaccinated (show the certificate at the door) and open up?

Do you need the bars so badly? Vaccination doesn't prevent you and others from getting sick. Can't have fun without bars? Must be a poor life then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1