Bloody-minded stupidity of London Thai embassy's website

You are correct that the UK's vaccination certificate does not include passport details - the only ID it has is your name and date of birth.  I haven't seen this as I haven't made an application yet but are you saying they want your passport details to be on the actual certificate?  What are they suggesting could happen - you just happened to find another person with same name and you're using their vaccine certificate?

I think you'll have to phone them to sort this out.  I'd be grateful if you could post the outcome...............................I'm having visions of a legally notarised document confirming the certificate belongs to the passport holder which then needs translating and the translation verifying by the MFA. ????

6 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You are correct that the UK's vaccination certificate does not include passport details - the only ID it has is your name and date of birth.  I haven't seen this as I haven't made an application yet but are you saying they want your passport details to be on the actual certificate?  What are they suggesting could happen - you just happened to find another person with same name and you're using their vaccine certificate?

I think you'll have to phone them to sort this out.  I'd be grateful if you could post the outcome...............................I'm having visions of a legally notarised document confirming the certificate belongs to the passport holder which then needs translating and the translation verifying by the MFA. ????

I just checked documents I sent in for a friend, and the document showed a card with both

doses on it of Pfizer with only his name and batch number on it,

However it was also stamped and signed by a JP as a true copy.

The NZ embassy excepted this , however I uploaded a copy of his passport with the covid doc.

His Dr later gave him a letter to go with the card with his ID number and passport number and hospital number on it.

I never uploaded that doc as he only got it with his fit to fly and rt -pcr test to show at the airport.

I suggest you go to your doctor and get him to give you a letter with all your numbers on it, and get a JP to certify your covid doc along with putting your passport number on it and send it in with a certified copy of your passport as well , send it as one attachment.

Thank you, everyone who has replied to my post. As regards getting the website to give its automated acceptance of the application, John435 had the answer, also stumbled on by my son after lengthy googling. It would be superfluous to comment further on such a user-unfriendly website which has been given such vital importance.

Nevertheless, the fact remains that the website does say "Certificate of vaccination shall include personal details (full name, date of birth, nationality and passport number [emphasis added])", so I remain very worried that my application will finally be rejected. Can anyone reading this whose vaccination certificate did not include a passport number please confirm that they have been either granted or refused a Certificate of Entry by the London Thai Embassy, and/or allowed/refused entry by immigration in Phuket airport?

Aussierooming, is there any chance you could give me a link to one of the Facebook groups you mention, as I may well find myself in need of one?

• Haha 1

I got my coe back in may by simple scanning my vaccination card they gave me in the uk.

As many posters have said its the upload icon on the site that fools many,confused me too.

That must be the answer unless something has changed recently.

Good luck.

Speak to them or email them -

but simply and clearly stating the problem - not a long rant like here with insult of them and your Vietnam experience and blah blah.

They are incredibly helpful and want to help if you address them respectfully and constructively.  They are so good that they may  try to help even if you insult them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

..I'm having visions of a legally notarised document confirming the certificate belongs to the passport holder which then needs translating and the translation verifying by the MFA. ????

and submitted in triplicate together with your grandmother's birth certificate....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Have you actually uploaded the document by clicking the small icon? This catches many people out. You have to upload from your computor or mobile device and once that is done upload to the COE application.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Have you actually uploaded the document by clicking the small icon? This catches many people out. You have to upload from your computor or mobile device and once that is done upload to the COE application.

This one got me yesterday.  My Thai GF figured it out...  her job in Thailand is government liaison officer for a large power plant, and she has to take care of 48 separate government permits, some of which use the same 'file upload system' as the COE site.  Thai Gov't must have a contract with whatever company that provides this web interface or something.

So far no complaints about the USA CDC vaccine 'certificate' which shows nothing other than my name, the date and type and batch number of the injection.  They did insist I send a personally signed letter guaranteeing that I had spent at least 21 days in the USA after departing Thailand...  lucky for me as that is exactly the length of our stay here.  Never heard of that requirement before.   TIT....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I agree that the thaievisa and COE websites are appallingly user-unfriendly and what gets me is that they have done absolutely nothing to improve the former yet it has been up and running for a 2 or 3 years now. Glad u got it sorted though.

It is difficult to get through to the embassy on the phone but as others have said if you email (Not the COE website email provided which does not work!) the embassy: [email protected] politely asking for help the response is appropriate, helpful and usually prompt (Same or next day, excluding weekends). The service has improved greatly with the Pandemic (couldnt have been much worse before!).

You have to sift the wheat from the chaff with the answers to questions on these two Facebook groups but both are very helpful and useful and have been a Godsend to many pulling their hair out like yourself:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272003337395576/?multi_permalinks=535388357723738&notif_id=1629309804941097&notif_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

https://www.facebook.com/groups/408498092970363/?multi_permalinks=1147963465690485&notif_id=1629399700218608&notif_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Denim said:

You are not alone. I vowed to bypass them completely once things had to be done online. Gone are the days when a visa application consisted of filling in an A4 application , submitting a couple of supporting documents and two photos then posting everything off.

Its as bad when applying for a UK visa for your spouse from VFS global , with ridiculous questions like ' have you ever been a member of a terrorist organization or committed an act of terrorism ' or some such similar questions.

Good luck with your application. Others have somehow managed so presumably there is a winning method , even if it tries your patience finding it.

' have you ever been a member of a terrorist organization or committed an act of terrorism '

Honestly, I wonder if anyone has ever answered "yes" to either of those questions!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jrmaanda said:

Thank you, everyone who has replied to my post. As regards getting the website to give its automated acceptance of the application, John435 had the answer, also stumbled on by my son after lengthy googling. It would be superfluous to comment further on such a user-unfriendly website which has been given such vital importance.

Nevertheless, the fact remains that the website does say "Certificate of vaccination shall include personal details (full name, date of birth, nationality and passport number [emphasis added])", so I remain very worried that my application will finally be rejected. Can anyone reading this whose vaccination certificate did not include a passport number please confirm that they have been either granted or refused a Certificate of Entry by the London Thai Embassy, and/or allowed/refused entry by immigration in Phuket airport?

Aussierooming, is there any chance you could give me a link to one of the Facebook groups you mention, as I may well find myself in need of one?

Provide yourself with a pre-emptive solution. 

Edit your Vaccination Certificate (which is very likely in PDF) with a PDF editor and add in your passport details. 

I’ve done this already to resolve the same potential issue. I did e-mail the issuing authority (of the Vaccine Certificate) and have had no response - thus, I was left with little choice but to resolve the minor issue myself - no biggie. 

No need to be too rigid and maintain stumbling blocks when they can easily be demolished with a little ‘creativity’.

• Haha 2

I'm not going to claim to know how it is in the UK.  But in the USA, when I need a tricky visa, I hire a visa agency to navigate the details. 

Costs about $150 and I don't wait in any lines.  They do that part.  They tell me what documents they need and vet the ones I give them for accuracy and adequacy.  On occasion, they've even told me the visa I want isn't available, saving me a bunch of heartache.