TAT still aiming for ONE MILLION foreign tourists this year

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Drop the COE, PCR, Quarantine and it will be easy. Keep them all and you'll be lucky to see 5-10,000 a month. Thailand just shooting itself in its foot now, allowing migrants but not fully vaccinated tourists.

they have these requirements in place becasue the reality is, despite what the TAT say, they dont want large numbers of people visiting thailand. if you follow the news the hospitals and health service are already struggling to deal with those infected, if they open the borders without widespread vaccination of the local population the health service will crash.

underneath all this bluster and over expectation thay actually do know what they are doing.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

they have these requirements in place becasue the reality is, despite what the TAT say, they dont want large numbers of people visiting thailand. if you follow the news the hospitals and health service are already struggling to deal with those infected, if they open the borders without widespread vaccination of the local population the health service will crash.

underneath all this bluster and over expectation thay actually do know what they are doing.

I have a funny feeling you are correct.

Hi-So's don't give a fiddlers about the peasantry.

Look at the EEC project in Rayong etc. Their Chinese masters, and other Asian nations, have so many infrastructure projects on the go.

The people in Isaan, depending on working girl daughters and tuk tuk sons, are resilient but the gold and buffaloes are beginning to be sold.

Thailand has been in lockdowns since April, does anyone really believe the flood gates are going to be opened even when case numbers fall?

Any pressure on health care systems will result in a closing of the borders. Full stop and no notice given.

Who will travel like this plus all the hoops.

Very disappointing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khunpa said:

I know a horny friend back home, who is desperate to come. At least that is 1.

Problem being, most of the raw material your horny friend wants have long since departed the Pattaya's for their home villages

3 hours ago, SiamAndy said:

He has lost all touch with reality!

no - whenever he comes out of his dunny he has new figures and he cares a sh... whether this has anything to do with reality

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite the dire state of the pandemic in Thailand with record daily highs, the Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yutthasak Suphasorn told Sanook that his target for foreign tourists before the end of the year is still one million.

And my target is for all my hair to grow back and I get a six pack before the end of the year.  Actually I think my odds are better????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Australia's PM was on TV today saying we can't beat covid (Delta) we can't eradicate it, so we just have to get on with life and live the best we can with it.

The best defense we have is vaccination plus booster shots for new variants if/when they come along. So anyone who has been fully vaccinated and has a negative PCR test within the past 72 hours should be allowed to travel and enter countries with quarantine. The only chance Thailand has of regaining some of it's lost tourism industry is to accept this line of thought. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

He's not a governor, he's a stand-up comedian.

Just open the border with Myanmar, Thailand will get 1 million tourists easy and 10 million tourists will be very likely.  Anyways good luck TAT.

Edited by lolalol

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

But do they know what tourists are?? I think everybody who steps out of an airplane, cross the border is counted as a tourist.. Besides I have seen on TV how they teach math for Prathom and yes that can be the reason too that they can't read the numbers..

47.58 x 10 = 475.80

47.58x100= 4,758.00

47.58x1000=47,580.00

who can't do multiplication of numbers ?

15 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

And my target is for all my hair to grow back and I get a six pack before the end of the year.  Actually I think my odds are better????

Six packs can be found at Tops, 7 or any other market. Wigs at the beautician store....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, grain said:

Australia's PM was on TV today saying we can't beat covid (Delta) we can't eradicate it, so we just have to get on with life and live the best we can with it.

The best defense we have is vaccination plus booster shots for new variants if/when they come along. So anyone who has been fully vaccinated and has a negative PCR test within the past 72 hours should be allowed to travel and enter countries with quarantine. The only chance Thailand has of regaining some of it's lost tourism industry is to accept this line of thought. 

The problem is that we are talking about tourists and when most come on vacation they have a very limited time for their holiday.  In many cases two weeks or there about.  If they have to quarantine for part of that time they won't find it an attractive proposition at all.  Especially if they then have to quarantine again when they get back home. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

If the game is all about numbers then tell the US Government to send as many Afghan Refugees to LOS that can be stuffed in the cargo hold of C-17's??? 

No. I don't want the US Gov to spend anymore money overseas.  Thailand can just open the Myanmar border.  Thailand will get 1~10 million tourists easy.

Why does stupidity has power?  It  goes from being funny to stupid .Is TAT that all Thai people and foreigners are just bunch of monkeys .? These kind of statements make us readers not just laugh but angry.

The whole is trying to manage this pandemic: first locally in each country and second to prevent spreading from country to country.  Travelling on vacation is really curtailed. Even countries with advance vaccination program, the infection is high.

Thai domestic  travel is also curtailed.  The economy is bad, people lost jobs or working at reduced pay, lockdown, vaccination program not working well...so many problem that Thai people are not thinking of a vacation now.

Just now, the green light said:

Why does stupidity has power?  It  goes from being funny to stupid .Is TAT thinks that all Thai people and foreigners are just bunch of monkeys .? These kind of statements make us readers not just laugh but angry.

The whole world is trying to manage this pandemic: first locally in each country and second to prevent spreading from country to country.  Travelling on vacation is really curtailed. Even countries with advance vaccination program, the infection is high.

Thai domestic  travel is also curtailed.  The economy is bad, people lost jobs or working at reduced pay, lockdown, vaccination program not working well...so many problem that Thai people are not thinking of a vacation now.

21 minutes ago, grain said:

About time. Soon that clown in New Zealand will hopefully get the message.

Stuff it up them. Trashed AZ's name and now begging people to get it.

Can't fix stupid.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

who can't do multiplication of numbers ?

TAT, the can't see the points and comma..that why the numbers are always too high ????

47,58 x1000 = 47,580,00 but Tat will make 4,758,000

Edited by ikke1959