TAT still aiming for ONE MILLION foreign tourists this year

webfact

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I saw it as position 139 in such a list and below pretty much all European countries.....

Yep, Thailand still 139, which is significantly better than most Western countries including Germany at 53, Austria 50, Greece 43, France 29, Spain 27, UK 22 and USA 21 in most deaths per million population

(according to Worldometer)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I think he is confusing Tourist with refugees, as there is and will be many running from Afghanistan. It would be nice if Thailand would help some of these desperate  people out. Instead of warring about the Tourist all the time. 

The unelected PM and his soldiers helping desperate people out?? They are to busy helping themselves.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite the dire state of the pandemic in Thailand with record daily highs, the Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yutthasak Suphasorn told Sanook that his target for foreign tourists before the end of the year is still one million.

Magical Thinking Is a Normal Developmental Stage

Since children at this stage of development are egocentric, they already believe that their actions directly influence events around them. Magical thinking may intensify this perception.

Signs of Magical Thinking in Small Children

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Can you imagine the TAT Xmas party? Add some booze and oh the exaggerated stories you would hear! Each one trying to outdo the other with lavish made up tales of their great marketing and sales

Nothing compared to the ones handling the vaccination.....

7 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

In other news, TAT this year apparently also aims at issuing 1,000 ridiculous announcements concerning foreign tourist arrivals.

I guess it will be along the lines of ...

"Thailand's tourist numbers up - Thailand celebrating tourism revival in 2nd half of 2021. Numbers only slightly below (998,999.3) TAT's correct and insightful projections of 1 million tourists for 2021.

Most international tourists (456,789) were from Myanmar, followed by Cambodia (345,678), Laos (123,456), America (543), Thailand (444), Israel (234), India (111), Germany (88), France (77) ..."

(Note: Dublication of this text on websites, e.g. of the TAT is allowed against a fee of 0.99 baht, payable in cash.)

Everyone is bashing the TAT here. In the last few years I have had quite good success with their numbers in the Thai Lottery.

Take a closer look is my tip.

From the above TAT message I take the following figures:

7 + 7 = 77, 14, 25, 74, 42, 44 and for the three-way bet 744, 442

Let's see what will be drawn on September 1st, but I'm confident.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Except the motto 20 years ago " Amazing Thailand "

That was an Ad agency, not some clueless superannuated billionaire who inherited most of the dosh, then was given a portfolio based on backroom deals.

10 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

I wonder what headhunter is being used to appoint all these clowns...
In 25 years here in Thailand, I have NEVER read or heard ANY serious information from TAT.

Headhuters are used to hire real talent for real businesses, these are political appointments, that's why Anutin is head of a Thai Health Ministry, with a background in construction!

On 8/23/2021 at 9:12 PM, kcpattaya said:

I wonder what headhunter is being used to appoint all these clowns...
In 25 years here in Thailand, I have NEVER read or heard ANY serious information from TAT.

Go to a circus--expect clowns...gentle reminder of the useless concept of "saving face"=TAT