TAT still aiming for ONE MILLION foreign tourists this year

webfact

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Drop the COE, PCR, Quarantine and it will be easy. Keep them all and you'll be lucky to see 5-10,000 a month. Thailand just shooting itself in its foot now, allowing migrants but not fully vaccinated tourists.

I would say Drop the COE, Insurance, Quarantine and it will be easy.
PCR is not really a problem! PCR is asked for by all countries.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

LolllllllllllllllOMGlollllllllllllll I'm falling over pain in my sides I'm laughing that much that was a good one lolllllll 1 million tourist  lollllll

Just because TAT want to make another press release does not mean aseannow should report it.  Don't give them publicity unless they show themselves to be a serious source of news. Please.

• Like 2

This is ten million right? 10,000.  Maybe the TAT guy has a problem reading numbers like I do.

I bet he just wants to keep the Thai PM happy, so he will still get paid his salary.

The fantasy story from TAT continues.

Geezer

If there was a tourist olympic game, these guys would win every year.

Gold medal to TAT again. 

Of course they would have the Gold medal taken away for testing positive for drug use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daejung said:

Wrong. PCR test is a BIG problem. Other countries are happy with a PCR test done before departure. If a tourist is infected, they can stay home and easily reschedule tickets and bookings.

Thailand wants PCR test upon arrival. Big difference! Not one, but three tests!! This is too much risk: travel there and be locked up in a covid prison. No way to spin this positively. Million of vaccinated tourists will arrive if Thailand changes the requirement to take a test before departure only. PCR test upon arrival is a deal breaker. Three deal breakers.

5 hours ago, daejung said:

No , they need drop that too - Take a family of 5 on holiday and you're look at maybe £300 or more for the tests. The nearest test centre to me is 50 miles away ! It's another bar to travel and a needless one.

What's the point anyway ? Your getting on a plane with vaccinated people who cannot get an illnesses you maybe have as they have all been vaccinated against it anyway and who are about to mix in another country with people that you have no idea that have either been tested, vaccinated or infected !

Unless you PCR the entire nation you fly too, the flight is probably safer than the holiday

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

No , they need drop that too - Take a family of 5 on holiday and you're look at maybe £300 or more for the tests. The nearest test centre to me is 50 miles away ! It's another bar to travel and a needless one.

What's the point anyway ? Your getting on a plane with vaccinated people who cannot get an illnesses you maybe have as they have all been vaccinated against it anyway and who are about to mix in another country with people that you have no idea that have either been tested, vaccinated or infected !

Unless you PCR the entire nation you fly too, the flight is probably safer than the holiday

One pcr in home country. One on arrival at Suvarnabhumi. 1 day in quarantine at a designated hotel. If its negative do the <deleted> u want. No bs about positive person in ur row and other bs.

Positive. Get in ASQ if no symptoms, hospital if Symptoms. All payed by insurance. Easy peasy!

Russians goin nonstop to Turkey now. Prolly 50 planes a day. PCR or sputnik before flight.

No pcr on arrival.

Everyone is back home. No deathfields, no nothing. The <deleted> is wrong with u, Thailand?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

they have these requirements in place becasue the reality is, despite what the TAT say, they dont want large numbers of people visiting thailand. if you follow the news the hospitals and health service are already struggling to deal with those infected, if they open the borders without widespread vaccination of the local population the health service will crash.

underneath all this bluster and over expectation thay actually do know what they are doing.

2 months ago, you might have been correct. Now Thailand's "covid deaths per million people" figure is higher than most Western countries.

"Opening the borders" now would make zero difference. The local population are more likely to catch covid from their next-door neighbour than from a vaccinated foreigner.

2 hours ago, nkg said:

2 months ago, you might have been correct. Now Thailand's "covid deaths per million people" figure is higher than most Western countries.

I saw it as position 139 in such a list and below pretty much all European countries.....