Growing Hemp

DumbFalang

A Thai friend has asked for my help sourcing hemp seeds from outside of Thailand. I think there may be a particular strain he is looking for and I will update this thread once I find out. In the meantime, can anyone share their experiences of growing particular strains of hemp in Thailand - which ones work and which don't?

It depends what exactly you're looking for. I doubt most people can't get the approved permits etc to grow hemp unless you're connected.

However if its the cousin you're looking for for a private personal grow, thats a whole different subject.

1 hour ago, jaideedave said:

I doubt most people can't get the approved permits etc to grow hemp unless you're connected.

My friend is well connected and I think he already has the required permits so it will all be official and above board. He doesn't speak English so I rely on the info I get from my wife. All I've got so far is a mention of a requirement for high CBD, low THC possibly sourced from the USA or Netherlands. Let's wait until I get more info and then I'll bump the thread.

10 minutes ago, DumbFalang said:

My friend is well connected and I think he already has the required permits so it will all be official and above board. He doesn't speak English so I rely on the info I get from my wife. All I've got so far is a mention of a requirement for high CBD, low THC possibly sourced from the USA or Netherlands. Let's wait until I get more info and then I'll bump the thread.

I didn't think hemp had any THC/CBD.

Are we talking cannabis?

Cannabis doesn't grow all that well outside in Thailand.

Too many pests, so it had to be frequently sprayed with pesticide.

And the seasons are all wrong, for flowering you need dry weather with reducing daylight hours.

Edited by BritManToo

I didn't know either, but apparently hemp does have both CBD and THC.

Anyway, I have now been told what strain my friend wants. It is Baox.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any reputable suppliers of hemp outside of Thailand?

On 8/24/2021 at 6:30 AM, BritManToo said:

I didn't think hemp had any THC/CBD.

Are we talking cannabis?

Cannabis doesn't grow all that well outside in Thailand.

Too many pests, so it had to be frequently sprayed with pesticide.

And the seasons are all wrong, for flowering you need dry weather with reducing daylight hours.

First: Hemp is the plant, Cannabis is the product made out of hemp

Second: Thailand is a perfect place for growing THC high grade  strains (Sativa dominated).

A few decades ago, so called Thai sticks belonged to the strongest Cannabis products you could find. 

Since the things have changed, thanks to growers and geneticists from Netherlands and California. Now we can find hybrid strains with up to 30% THC.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:28 AM, DumbFalang said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of any reputable suppliers of hemp outside of Thailand?

One of the oldest and best siurces is SensiSeeds from Netherlands.

But I strongly doubt to import seeds is legal in Thailand.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GBW said:

so your friend is well connected, has permit ??? you have a computer and ask this forum, how, where etc??? Get off the grass and have a think about it!

So are you saying it is illegal to research where it's possible to buy a particular strain of hemp?

11 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

One of the oldest and best siurces is SensiSeeds from Netherlands.

But I strongly doubt to import seeds is legal in Thailand.

Thanks a lot. I will be firing off an email to Centennial Seeds in Colorado and SensiSeeds in the Netherlands to find out what they require in order to export to Thailand. If it's not possible, then my research will be complete.

An update for anyone else researching this down the road: Response from SensiSeeds in the Netherlands was 'legal restrictions still prevent shipping parties from sending seeds or CBD products to countries located outside of the EU'. I am still awaiting a response from Centennial Seeds in Colorado.

• Like 1