Experiences at Samut Prakan IO, Family/Marriage Visa Extension w/ 40k per month

Has anyone successfully received a 1 year extension of a family/marriage visa from Samut Prakan immigration office using the 40k per month method?

I am currently coming to end of a 1 year extension of a family visa. I am married, so a marriage is also possible. My family and I plan to be in Thailand for another 8-10 months, so another 1 year extension seems like the only/best option.

I am open to any other ideas or suggestions you guys may have.

How will you be proving your 40k baht monthly income?

If you are from a country whose embassy still does a proof of income document that will be accepted. If not then you will you will need to prove 12 months of transfers from abroad that are 40k baht or more.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How will you be proving your 40k baht monthly income?

If you are from a country whose embassy still does a proof of income document that will be accepted. If not then you will you will need to prove 12 months of transfers from abroad that are 40k baht or more.

Yes, I have 12 months of transfers from abroad through Transferwise.

This is the step that I usually get caught up on though. The last time I tried to use Transferwise, I showed the transfer receipts from Transferwise for 12 months and was rejected the extension, so I ended up having to go through an agent. 

What is the proper way to prove 40k/month income through Transferwise? I have already requested that Trasnferwise send my transfers to KBank, which is my bank, and have it marked for long term stay in Thailand. However, I am not sure how to legitimize these transfers with Thai immigration.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. 

30 minutes ago, mcmco said:

What is the proper way to prove 40k/month income through Transferwise? I have already requested that Trasnferwise send my transfers to KBank, which is my bank, and have it marked for long term stay in Thailand. However, I am not sure how to legitimize these transfers with Thai immigration.

You should be able able to get a credit advice for each transfer showing they came from abroad from KBank. Immigration will accept those as proof.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You should be able able to get a credit advice for each transfer showing they came from abroad from KBank. Immigration will accept those as proof.

I've heard its possible to get a credit advice through email, is this true? 

9 hours ago, mcmco said:

I've heard its possible to get a credit advice through email, is this true? 

Some banks will send them by email every month if requested. 

To get caught up for the past year you would need to get them from the bank.

12 hours ago, mcmco said:

This is the step that I usually get caught up on though. The last time I tried to use Transferwise, I showed the transfer receipts from Transferwise for 12 months and was rejected the extension, so I ended up having to go through an agent. 

When I do my 1 year marriage extension, I supply two 6 month bank statements (you can just obtain a 12 month one) and the Transfer Wise monthly PDF X 12 which you can print off from your account.

3 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

When I do my 1 year marriage extension, I supply two 6 month bank statements (you can just obtain a 12 month one) and the Transfer Wise monthly PDF X 12 which you can print off from your account.

Read his post again. Immigration did not accept the transfer wise receipts.

Also there is no assurance the immigration will accept two 6 month statements. Best to get the 12 months to be sure.

12 hours ago, mcmco said:

The last time I tried to use Transferwise, I showed the transfer receipts from Transferwise for 12 months and was rejected the extension, so I ended up having to go through an agent. 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Read his post again. Immigration did not accept the transfer wise receipts.

Also there is no assurance the immigration will accept two 6 month statements. Best to get the 12 months to be sure.

I was merely pointing out what my IO did accept on my previous extensions.

I fail to see why they would not accept a PDF printed receipt as it clearly shows the transfer from, in my case, UK GBP to Thai baht, with the Thai baht deposit corroborated in my bank statement.

The vagaries of dealing with a non conformal IO system, the sooner there is adherence to the same rules for everyone, the better.

17 hours ago, mcmco said:

Get credit advices for all the transfers and get the bank to confirm them all in their certificate for immigration. You need 13 in all to cover the period for under consideration

I can only speak for myself but I have been using transfer wise funds for my last three marriage extensions without any problems. 

When the Consulate stopped issuing income certs I went to my local Immigration Office and asked them what they required, 400K in the Bank was the reply. 

I had read all the information on TV especially that posted by Ubon Joe so I acted confused and asked was the information I had wrong, my I O pulled out a thick book and leafed through it , made a phone call and then said O K , 40K a month from overseas.

I went to bank and obtained twelve month statement and looked at the codes applied to transfer wise , these were marked MCL00001, nobody in the Bank could tell me the meaning of this so back on TV, another poster had queried this with Kasikorn and it turns out that it denotes funds transferred by API system which is funds from external source.

I presented my IO with a single sheet summary of transfers, copy of bank statement with transfers neatly underlined, copy of bankbook pages and note referring to bank codes. This has been accepted without question for my last three extensions, no requirement for PDF copies or individual Bank letters apart from the usual covering letter.

My advice would be to approach your Immigration Office and try to get someone to listen , reading the reports from many posters it seems a futile exercise but you will never know until you try it. 

So very thankful I live where I do...