30 DAY PLUS Visa

First time post so go easy on me please!

I am going to Thailand later this year from the UK and wish to stay more than our usual 30 days.

Which is the best visa to apply for? it will be a single entry for us as we dont plan to go anywhere else but we want to stay for 42 days rather than the usual 30 days.

I am married to a Thai and we were debating to apply for a visa in the UK before we went or going for 30 days and then doing some kind of extension in Hua Hin which is where we are going.

Which is the best or easiest way to stay for 30+ days from users experience here and I am not bothered about the cost i just want the easiest way to do this before we book our trip.

Thanks in advance.

Bri

You could apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage online to the embassy in London. it would allow a 90 day entry that can be extended for 60 days to visit your wife.

Entering visa exempt you would get a 45 day permit to stay at time that can be be extended for 30 days and then the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BriThai said:

Which is the best visa to apply for? it will be a single entry for us as we dont plan to go anywhere else but we want to stay for 42 days rather than the usual 30 days.

You can enter visa exempt (45 days)

Being married to Thai you can apply for 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

You can obtain 60 day covid extension. Many options. 

You would be required to quarantine for 15 days. You will need to obtain certificate of entry etc. 

Crazy to come for such a short period.

• Like 1

If determined to come, you might also want to read up on the "sandbox" options that are a little less onerous than strict quarantine. Note that at some point in the next six months, I expect Thailand to "reopen" with far fewer restrictions (but maybe not a lower Covid risk). Especially if coming for a relatively short visit, wait until it is a cheaper and lower hassle proposition.