Help with my visa

I am in the process of applying for my visa on the embassy's website. I would like to stay 70 days in Thailand.  
I was advised to take a tourist visa (TR visa) for 60 days and to extend it for 30 days. 
On the site of the visa application the flight dates indicated exceed the 60 days. 
In case everything is well filled in, do you know if my application will be accepted or rejected because beyond the 60 days. 
I do not want to make a mistake in my application and pay twice the visa fees. 
I hope to have been clear and thank you.

As you outlined you can obtain tourist visa 60 day+ extension 30 days.

You could then obtain covid extension 60 days. That's if covid extensions are still issued at that time, which is most likely.

Each extension costs 1900baht.

You could skip the tourist visa and enter visa exempt (if your country qualifies). That is 45days, which is fine if covid extensions available.

Visa exempt is also able to be extended by 30 days same as tourist visa.

Edit: op, I just noticed your only after a 70 day stay.

The visa exempt 45+ extension 30 days is enough. 

Covid 60 day as back up if plans change.

Edited by DrJack54

As far as I'm aware you do not need a return/onward flight if you have a tourist visa so your return flight date being over 60 days is not relevant to your application. You didn't state which country but unless some countries are exceptions you only need return/onward flight if entering on visa exempt which may work for you depending if you are from a qualified country (note that your return flight date must be within your initial permission of stay when entering Thailand on the visa exempt - which will be 45 days). Are you also aware of the COE and all the associated requirements? (If not prepare to be shocked!)

13 minutes ago, oliverphoenix2 said:

As far as I'm aware you do not need a return/onward flight if you have a tourist visa so your return flight date being over 60 days is not relevant to your application. You didn't state which country but unless some countries are exceptions you only need return/onward flight if entering on visa exempt which may work for you depending if you are from a qualified country (note that your return flight date must be within your initial permission of stay when entering Thailand on the visa exempt - which will be 45 days). Are you also aware of the COE and all the associated requirements? (If not prepare to be shocked!)

That is accurate. However, at most embassies, they now mandate an onward ticket before they will issue a tourist visa. 

58 minutes ago, oliverphoenix2 said:

Good to know. Does the onward ticket need to be within the 60 day permission of stay?

Generally, yes. Sometimes they will accept an itinerary where you claim you will be leaving Thailand overland, but it is unlikely they would buy that under the current circumstances.

I was under the impression that onward ticket is NOT required for tourist visa. You do need to show inbound flight flight.

For visa exempt entry an onward flight is required. This is required for airline carrier for boarding flight.

You can either book cheapest flight available (easy pre covid many cheap flights Vietnam etc) OR you can purchase a "rent a flight ticket" very cheaply. Internet shows companies providing this surface.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I was under the impression that onward ticket is NOT required for tourist visa. You do need to show inbound flight flight.

Many embassies want a onward ticket to apply for a tourist visa. This from the embassy in the US website.

"2.7 Proof of a round trip flight confirmation/reservation showing going from the US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)"

But a onward ticket to anywhere can be used. Many people have a used a temporary onward ticket they got online.

• Like 1