Has the Chiang Mai SinoPharm vaccinations started yet?

creative1000

1 minute ago, fangless said:

Thank you. Yes I see the Sinovac + AZ has been in motion for a few weeks now at McKormic for over 60/70, medical conditions, pregnancy. 

There is also a different rollout with 2-doses of SinoPharm that is due to start in CM soon. I think maybe this is being organized through the private sector only, not sure.

1 hour ago, vinci said:

SinoPharm has been in Bangkok for awhile now, i will get my second shot on Friday, mind you SinoPharm is not free it will cost you are 900baht per dose, it is organized by  Chulabhorn Royal Academy

Thanks, yes we heard the same SinoPharm pricing would arrive to Chiang Mai this month, but so far no word... Hope this comes to fruition and not an imaginary idea.

7 hours ago, creative1000 said:

Thank you. Yes I see the Sinovac + AZ has been in motion for a few weeks now at McKormic for over 60/70, medical conditions, pregnancy. 

There is also a different rollout with 2-doses of SinoPharm that is due to start in CM soon. I think maybe this is being organized through the private sector only, not sure.

Sinopharm is not part of the national vaccination plan so you have to pay for it at private hospitals.

My friendly Krungsri bank manager said their bank provides Sinopharm for all bank staff.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

My wife ( under age 60 ) received her first Sinopharm jab this week at Lanna Hospital CM. The cost was 777 baht for the Sinopharm PLUS 250 baht for the hospital. She gets her 2nd jab in 3 weeks and will pay the same for that also.

250 service fee? The total is 1027 baht per jab which is quite expensive.

Edited by EricTh

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

There is a private hospital called Central ChiangMai Memorial hospital  near Shangri La hotel that imports some private vaccines including Sinopharm . You might want to try there.

Thanks! we will give them a call. Interesting about Krungsri bank employees. thats exactly what I've been hearing about the private sector having their own roll-out. Interestingly, some other organizations I'm in touch with were promised the exact same thing for their 200+ employees, but still haven't received any updates. Strange.

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

My wife ( under age 60 ) received her first Sinopharm jab this week at Lanna Hospital CM. The cost was 777 baht for the Sinopharm PLUS 250 baht for the hospital. She gets her 2nd jab in 3 weeks and will pay the same for that also.

Nice! Was this through her employer?

Sinopharm is in Chiang Mai but you can't just walk-in or make a phone call to get one. You either get it through an employer (if the employer is part of the scheme) or you sign up through the occasional offers advertised by the Chulabhorn Royal Academy.

The number of Sinopharm shots given in Chiang Mai is in the official stats - even if you don't read Thai, the vaccines are labeled in English. This is as of yesterday. 

240390452_568736297816941_2006025744372400618_n.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lordblackader said:

You either get it through an employer (if the employer is part of the scheme)

Thank you for all that info!

Yes, my friend's employer is "supposedly" part of that same private-sector sinopharm scheme, but none of the employees have heard back yet despite registering for it a month ago... Either they didn't get in, or its a very slow roll out with poor communication....

3 hours ago, creative1000 said:

Nice! Was this through her employer?

No. She registered online with Chulabhorn Royal Academy, and based on your location they tell you which hospital you need to attend. We're in Fang District but had to travel to CM to attend Lanna Hospital.  We have Thai friends going tomorrow to get their 1st jabs. At Lanna Hospital you pay on the day, not in advance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Sinopharm is in Chiang Mai but you can't just walk-in or make a phone call to get one. You either get it through an employer (if the employer is part of the scheme) or you sign up through the occasional offers advertised by the Chulabhorn Royal Academy.

The number of Sinopharm shots given in Chiang Mai is in the official stats - even if you don't read Thai, the vaccines are labeled in English. This is as of yesterday. 

240390452_568736297816941_2006025744372400618_n.jpg

It seems that Sinovac is still the most widely vaccinated vaccine in Thailand unlike some people here who said 'nobody' wants Sinovac.

I went to McCormick Hospital today and the majority vaccinated at around 80-90% were westerners, the rest were Asians..

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, creative1000 said:

Thanks! we will give them a call. Interesting about Krungsri bank employees. thats exactly what I've been hearing about the private sector having their own roll-out. Interestingly, some other organizations I'm in touch with were promised the exact same thing for their 200+ employees, but still haven't received any updates. Strange.

I think the stock is very limited and reserved for huge companies like Krungsri Bank.

Krungsri Bank staff is getting their second shot of Sinopharm this week.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 12:02 AM, EricTh said:

There is a private hospital called Central ChiangMai Memorial hospital  near Shangri La hotel that imports some private vaccines including Sinopharm . You might want to try there.

Personally, all these 'which vaccine is better' is just pure propaganda. It's our body immune system that fights the virus and not the vaccine.

Central C.M. Memorial Hospital also offered Moderna but I believe they ran out very quickly. That is the strangest hospital in C.M. My family was assigned there for their gold card for a couple of years before the government moved them to Nakhornping. It was an odd concept of a hospital/hotel where they marketed to foreigners to stay at the hotel/hospital and have medical treatments while there. It never took off however.

Edited by elektrified

On 8/26/2021 at 2:32 PM, TigerandDog said:

No. She registered online with Chulabhorn Royal Academy, and based on your location they tell you which hospital you need to attend. We're in Fang District but had to travel to CM to attend Lanna Hospital.  We have Thai friends going tomorrow to get their 1st jabs. At Lanna Hospital you pay on the day, not in advance.

Companies have to pay in advance