Wall of CM Covid Vaccination Appointment

lexilis

Just now, canthai55 said:

Registered 2 Jul - received an appointment for 3 Aug

Lets hope this will quiet all the Thai Bashing, Accusatory, Belittling, Demeaning posts by members of this forum about and against the Gov't of Thailand. Moaning and Groaning about how no progress is being made, how the Gov't is doing nothing, What if ... Oh why ... They should ...

Response from the Gov't of Canada re: vaccine for myself - Zero

there is progress, but it is very slow and based on foreign vaccine purchases and donations... as a work permit holder, I should have gotten the Thai Astra-Zeneca vaccine a long time ago and the whole country should have been vaccinated by now, but the sad reality is that I am still not eligible to even register for a vaccine because I'm under 50.

also, they are administering Sinovac. so no, sorry, it's a total fail.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have just received the same message but for a later time tomorrow,

There is no mention of any fees! 

Does anyone know if there are any fees to be paid for this and also what documentation does anyone think will be needed?.

Edited by fangless

I received a message today for 5th. 
I'll be 60 very soon, but at this moment under 60. Not sure if I go for Sinovac.
1-Sinovac

2-AZ 

not mentioning any fees. I don't think there is any fee for it. 

I'm wondering if CM is a dumping place for Sinovac ?!!! In Nonthaburi even 30 years old Thai receives AZ 1st (both AZ). 
If I decide to take it perhaps need to pay and buy a 2nd AZ (or better if available) next year. 

Edited by The Theory

A lot of people seem to be getting notification of vaccine appointment I was advised of mine in Chiangrai for Thursday. It should be free as part of the Govt vaccine drive.   It seems to be Sinovac then followed by Astrazenicca.

15 hours ago, The Theory said:

I'm wondering if CM is a dumping place for Sinovac ?!!!

Exactly what I was thinking.  I'm under 55 and got an appointment for this week, which should not be the case due to my age and lack of medical conditions- I'd rather have one of the doses of Pfizer the US just sent over than Sinovac.

It makes me wonder if they're getting rid of the Sinovac and saving the 'good stuff' for another group.

Edited by flare
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Lets hope this will quiet all the Thai Bashing, Accusatory, Belittling, Demeaning posts by members of this forum about and against the Gov't of Thailand

Not so fast..

Able to get vaxx by going to the Royal Rajpruek Gardens yesterday. The G's sister who works with Jongwat health gave us a heads up call. Westerners were being accepted. However they were being turned away from a big vaxx at Promenada this weekend, Thai's only there.

Checking phone and E Mail. Nothing from the Wall of CM, as useless as that in person sign up at BIG C's back on May 9. I have no clue what they called that one. I'm happy to get V,  but that a lucky connection. 

I'm wondering if CM is a dumping place for Sinovac ?!!!

Coincidence? CM Ram is delaying 2nd doses of AZ for those who given the 1st dose of AZ in June 2021.

CM Ram has only been inoculating those who were able to register through the Mor Prompt app.  

Also, any consequence if one turns downs the Wall of CM offer of mixing Sinovac with AZ?  I do not like the idea of mixing Covid 19 vaccines.  All the vaccines were developed within the past year and really no one knows what the long term effects(positive or negative) are?   I would feel safer with the 2 doses of the same vaccine for now.  

9 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

At this stage in the pandemic anyone with half a brain should be taking whatever they can get. Any vax, even one only 50% effective, is better than none at all. You can always top up with a 'Western' one later as a booster.

So you are content to assume that none of the vaccines have any significant negative effects?

• Like 1

Mfd101, actually I have only a 1/4 brain and that was enough to to realize the best place to get vaccinated is in the US.  I will be leaving shortly.  Even the WHO(do not have much faith in them) said mixing vaccines is not recommended but in their noncommittal style said ‘each country can make it’s own decision”.  The US at this point does not recommend mixing vaccines and the idea of  3rd dose(a booster) and only Israel has started this option.  I would rather mix and match Pfizer with Modern or J&J.  Now I have to rest my 1/4 brain.

Also, do you think it is a good idea to be injected with Sinovac, AZ and Pfizer all within a matter of months?  I am not ready to be test monkey for vaccines.

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Mfd101, actually I have only a 1/4 brain and that was enough to to realize the best place to get vaccinated is in the US.  I will be leaving shortly.  Even the WHO(do not have much faith in them) said mixing vaccines is not recommended but in their noncommittal style said ‘each country can make it’s own decision”.  The US at this point does not recommend mixing vaccines and the idea of  3rd dose(a booster) and only Israel has started this option.  I would rather mix and match Pfizer with Modern or J&J.  Now I have to rest my 1/4 brain.

Also, do you think it is a good idea to be injected with Sinovac, AZ and Pfizer all within a matter of months?  I am not ready to be test monkey for vaccines.

The different vaccines do different things in your body, together giving much stronger protection against infection, transmission and death. The Brits, Germans & Israelis have been mixing vax, with no reported problems so far.

But of course it is up to individuals to make choices and bare the consequences, including the danger that unvaccinated people represent not just to themselves but to their families and every other person they encounter.

• Like 2

Just received a call in very good English from the hospital asking me to confirm my name and then asked if I had received the SMS  and if I would be attending.  Will be going this afternoon and will report back o/c.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Mfd101, but the Brits, Germans and Israeli’s are not mixing Sinovac along with Pfizer or Moderna.  If there are cases of mixing of Sinovac with AZ,+Pfizer and Moderna then I would be interested.  But I have not heard of anyone who has mixed Sinovac, Sinopharm with Pfizer or Moderna.  I would not prefer to be one of the first test cases?  Only matter of time before I get fully vaccinated.  Of course like you said “individual choice” and the benefits or consequences that come with it.  

Also, I do not need to classify the “brain capacity” of people to make my points.  I try and live by the motto: Attack peoples comments and actions but not the person:”.  

I would wonder how does mixing help any one, mixing sinovac, sinopharm, az, and Jandj makes sense because they are the ame type of vaccine. Mixing pfizer and moderna makes sense as they are the same type of vaccine. Mixing the first 4 with moderna or pfizer doesn't make sense as they are totally different types. 

Mod666, I have concerns about mixing Covid 19 vaccines for the following reasons:

1.  All Covid 19 vaccines have been developed and deployed in less than a year.  This is lightning fast.  In the US all Covid 19 Vaccines are used under an EUA(Emergency Use Authorization).  They have not been fully approved yet.  The long term effects(positive or negative) at this time are not known.

2. If mixing vaccines is such a great idea then why not take multiple doses of the Influenza vaccine from different manufacturers every  seaon?  "More must be good, right"?

3. I have been prescribed medications and have been injected with vaccines in the past for personal and professional reasons.  Too much in a short of amount of time does not always result in the best outcome.  The Thai Health Authorities can do what they feel is right but I am not onboard with the mix of Sinovac and AZ in less than one month.  

4. I would prefer take two doses of either Pfizer or Moderna in a month and see what happens.  If I feel little or no negative effects than I would consider a booster of the same kind of vaccine.  To me this seems to be the safest course of action.  Others will disagree.

5. I have been a victim of doctors over prescribing medications(antibiotics and pain killers).  Therefore, I am now very cautious as to what I consume or let someone inject in my arm.

For others my way of thinking is the wrong path but it has works for me.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mfd101 said:

At this stage in the pandemic anyone with half a brain should be taking whatever they can get. Any vax, even one only 50% effective, is better than none at all. You can always top up with a 'Western' one later as a booster.

That's my reasoning, too. My message was identical to the OP. (See you there.) I wasn't thrilled to be getting Sinovac, especially after the government announced that over-60s would be getting AZ, due to insufficient research on Sinovac on our age cohort. Maybe newer data shows it's OK for us. BUT, I agree it's better than nothing. I'm fit, and not prone to allergic reactions. One last consideration: I registered through the Wall of CM. No one seems to know the consequences of blowing off your appointment when it's offered, and I don't want to drop to the end of the queue. 

• Like 1