Is there somehting wrong with View Talay 2 ?

parafareno

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

People always sell at the wrong time, buy high sell low

Problem is you normally don't know when the highs and lows come. Of course selling now is not smart but some people are forced to leave for various reasons.

• Like 1

View Talay 2A and 2B are very large projects with hundreds of units so dozens for sale isn't that unusual.  It bears noting that when you look at websites like Hipflat the same unit for sale might be listed by a dozen or more agencies, sometimes with different main photos so it may look like it's a different listing.  And, when condos sell, the listings are not always removed so there's that, too.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 4:37 AM, madmen said:

Pattaya is 99% tourism so yeah its suffering. I wouldn't hesitate to buy there now, it's well maintained. 

I just secured a waterfront studio soi 7 for 6k exactly half pre covid price 

what do you mean 6k? 6000 THB per month ??

22 hours ago, newnative said:

View Talay 2A and 2B are very large projects with hundreds of units so dozens for sale isn't that unusual.  It bears noting that when you look at websites like Hipflat the same unit for sale might be listed by a dozen or more agencies, sometimes with different main photos so it may look like it's a different listing.  And, when condos sell, the listings are not always removed so there's that, too.  

i never seen so many listings and for low price like that......maybe people are afraid to be there cause they have to use elevators and covid problem etc.....i was there just before covid and I could find 1 or 2 appartments......but now online there are close to 10... I really wanna buy something there.....but how much are the yersl maintenance costs?

9 minutes ago, parafareno said:

i never seen so many listings and for low price like that......maybe people are afraid to be there cause they have to use elevators and covid problem etc.....i was there just before covid and I could find 1 or 2 appartments......but now online there are close to 10... I really wanna buy something there.....but how much are the yersl maintenance costs?

Maintenance costs are low 500 baht a month I'm told, similar to the other VTs with 1000 condos, the unfair thing is a 38 metre condo will pay the same as a huge one

• Like 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Maintenance costs are low 500 baht a month I'm told, similar to the other VTs with 1000 condos, the unfair thing is a 38 metre condo will pay the same as a huge one

isnt the 50 - 60 sq more expenwive per month? That is strange it would cost the same

Buying a condo in Pattaya is not easy. Apart from condominiums that are used as hotels or for Airbnb you also might have a lot of extreme noise from open air entertainment. And new bars can open at any time next to your condo and from my personal experience they can make as much noise as they want. Not much what one can do against this. So select carefully. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Buying a condo in Pattaya is not easy. Apart from condominiums that are used as hotels or for Airbnb you also might have a lot of extreme noise from open air entertainment. And new bars can open at any time next to your condo and from my personal experience they can make as much noise as they want. Not much what one can do against this. So select carefully. 

i checked the location here.....there will be no bars there,,,but View talay has so many people living there......I think too many....becomes a huge mess....

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I used to live at VT3 and the project changed to calculating the maintenance fee by sqm, rather than a flat unit fee.  I don't remember if that was the case for any of the other VTs.   The VT projects have some of the most reasonable maintenance fees.  

On 8/27/2021 at 3:37 AM, madmen said:

Pattaya is 99% tourism so yeah its suffering. I wouldn't hesitate to buy there now, it's well maintained. 

There is no waterfront building at soi 7.Not in Chom Thian and not in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, parafareno said:

i checked the location here.....there will be no bars there,,,but View talay has so many people living there......I think too many....becomes a huge mess....

8 minutes ago, parafareno said:

If you buy an older condo check the water pipes. Also be aware that some ceilings especially in the bathrooms might contain asbestos. 

On 8/27/2021 at 9:37 AM, madmen said:

Love to see some pictures.

Great time to rent.

Some crazy deals on penthouses in Naklua also.

If I was single Id doing that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, parafareno said:

isnt the 50 - 60 sq more expenwive per month? That is strange it would cost the same

I owned in VT7 and the condo fees are based on a per sq meter basis, bigger condo pays more in fee.

I had a 150 sqm place and paid 18,000 baht per year

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, madmen said:

There are 2 shop in front of me. All condos front have 100 % water view except ground floor I'm on the 16 th woohoo stunning,! 

I detect a bit jealousy my friend what village are you in? ????

I live in a beachfront apartment. Thanks for asking. No shops, no road in front.

I took a pic just for you:

IMG_9012a.thumb.JPG.15661046878ec7e20bb97b355bb1c179.JPG

26 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

That might be a misunderstanding. One of Pattayas most famous landmarks is the Waterfront Condominium. I am not sure if it is a good idea to buy anything there...

images.jpeg.jpg

Ask madmen ???? He claimed to be living there. Though strangely he has claimed that it has moved to soi 7 ????

Just now, johng said:

Nice view.  how long does it take to walk down to 7/11 to get an essential last minute item and back up again when the lifts are offline ????

Happily they have not ever been offline and there are no 7/11 around here. ????  Though have been in a Family Mart once; for some milk to prepare some mashed potato.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

I used to live at VT3 and the project changed to calculating the maintenance fee by sqm, rather than a flat unit fee.  I don't remember if that was the case for any of the other VTs.   The VT projects have some of the most reasonable maintenance fees.  

Ah so it's not all of them, I know VT1, VT2 and VT6 have a fixed fee per condo

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

not true. you pay more for a double unit