Can Someone Recommend A Reasonable Island Hotel...

Weho

I'm looking for an inexpensive island hotel/bungalow/serviced apartment on a beach, that has GOOD air conditioning, and that might offer a good discount for a stay of a month. It can be anywhere in Thailand or Malaysia too. I don't need to be near anything else, but it would be great if it were near a main road with some form of public transportation, so I can get to a farang type supermarket every few days.

Ideally, it would be something around 30,000 to 40,000 baht for the month stay. It's for the month of July or August.

Any suggestions?

does it have to be on an island? you'd definately find something in that price range on the outskirts of Pattaya.

also, although its definately not the cheapest place, i remember seeing cheap accomodation on sumui in the less crowded / popular beaches. especially if 7/11 is a 'farang type supermarket' for you. this was last year late july / early august to.

goodluck.

Samui's a good choice if your justing staying put for the duration.

1 Bedroomed Ac bungalows with living area, kitchen, cable t.v, porch.. etc

start at around 10-15000 baht per month.

No, it didn't have to be an island, just a beach... Borneo is nice, low fares with Air Asia too, but I got dengue fever there! I didn't realize you could find something on Saumi in that price... seems like that's a good choice.

Shouldn't believe everything that you read.

There aren't many places on the beach on Samui that you can rent at that price.

There are places on Bophut(Fisherman's Village), but you will never get into them, as people simply won't give them up if they can help it.

At the prices quoted, you won't be on the beach.

It IS possible in central Pattaya or Jomtien(certainly closer to the beach than you'll be on Samui), especially as this is considered 'low season' in Pattaya(not so on Samui).

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

No, it didn't have to be an island, just a beach... Borneo is nice, low fares with Air Asia too, but I got dengue fever there! I didn't realize you could find something on Saumi in that price... seems like that's a good choice.

As ju jitsu says you wont get beach front for 10-15,000 but there are some good deals to be had like this one I just pulled up for example jeriya bungalows on bang po beach.

As ju jitsu says you wont get beach front for 10-15,000 but there are some good deals to be had like this one I just pulled up for example jeriya bungalows on bang po beach.

Thanks for that suggestion... looks reasonable to me...

Where in the OP, does he mention 10-15,000 baht/month?For the 30-40,000 per month he's talking about,there would be a great selection on Samui and most other beach areas in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Koh Chang is quite cool,

Vacation with my gal every year. If you stay down at Lonely beach at the Nature Hut it is 500 baht for an aircon room. You can get a deal on a motorbike by the week for 150 baht a day maybe better for a month.

If you rent a bike DO NOT get it at the pier(dog's with fleas 10,000 kilos on the clock spedo cable removed 40,000 kilo's ago) The place is a lot of backpackers & interesting people. i am 51 years old & dig the action there. There are also more upscale hotels in the white sands beach. The seafood is great & fresh as it has

a large fishing village in Bang po. You could split up your vacation & go to Koh Samet as well. 1000 baht a nit 200 baht a day for a bike( you won't need more than one day for the bike . 3 days there is worthy.

I used to go to Bali prior to the big boom boom. Always enjoyed the scene there although I heard there is still an anti western attitude there.

Enjoy Wherever you choose!!!!!

beardog

Where in the OP, does he mention 10-15,000 baht/month?For the 30-40,000 per month he's talking about,there would be a great selection on Samui and most other beach areas in Thailand.

That was with reference to enyaw's post.

Anyway, where are your suggestions?

I utilize a beachfront bungalow on Chaweng for 45k per month. If you don't mind moving a few metres back from the beachfront, that will drop to 36k.

There are less expensive beaches on Chaweng, but the cheaper beachfront bungalows are disappearing.

I wouldn't want to spend a month is some of the cheaper places.