Restaurants told by Anutin: Once reopened there's no going back

webfact

6 minutes ago, lujanit said:

How many customers will restaurants get if they demand proof of double vaccination?  Methinks a lot of places will ignore that requirement just to make some money.

At there own peril. Thailand has a nasty habit of slapping establishments with 5 year bans! and fining the customers 40 k baht just like they do with bars. 

This is going to be a very interesting time.

Were going to see which people have the appetite to take the chance to catch the Delta variant or other variants that will be circulating.

Another consideration will be people with kids, elderly, and have had only Sinovac.

I'm sure it'll be popular for many.people though.

Definitely will help a little for the restaurants.

Just now, johng said:

They open yet again  spend loads more money  have few customers and go bankrupt..what will those owners be going back to ?

They will have to cheat to survive.

It will be business as usual.

I have no doubt they will be bustling within a week or two.

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not disagreeing with your point about health care systems but not sure I agree with your 'Lockdowns do not eradicate the virus, or even reduce the total number of infections.'

There has been plenty of models that have shown that without lockdown, Covid deaths would have been much higher than the current 4.5 million (anything up to 40 million in fact).

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/06/09/872441984/modelers-suggest-pandemic-lockdowns-saved-millions-from-dying-of-covid-19

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid19-model-predicts-40-million-people-could-die-without-interventions-2020-3

Agreed. Point taken.

I was trying to avoid whoever I was responding to, from taking umbrage and shooting off on a tangent with other arguments.

• Like 2