Restaurants told by Anutin: Once reopened there's no going back

webfact

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So the whole system will fall apart with only 1 positive test!

There where reports of "ingenious"  UK pupils being able to fake the test to have more time off school ????

That kind of leads onto employees being paid for time off work whilst in home quarantine and the huge staff shortages and supply chain chaos.

'No going back'.  No; you open and you stay behind the counter until you drop dead or go broke and when either or both happen don't come crying as this is what YOU WANTED and repeatedly whined and cried about !

By the way; all very well opening and supposedly spending millions  on staff testing etc etc but where are the customers and 'Tourists' coming from ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I'm sure there'll be "ways" around that problem... 

Well well well, considerable costs 300 Bhat a test, hotels charge up to 2000 for MIQ guests.

And so you open , no going back, covid can run wild, if your sick stay home, infect the family, no problem.

One thing that I would  take a wager on is they will open up, Thailand as per instruction, the only hope I see is that India is now showing signs of natural herd immunity, no chance of mass vaccination in India, and Thailand looks similar.

Indian Delta numbers have plummeted, the death toll is as low as Thailand.

I hope that this madness, starts to plow a natural herd immunity path, or it will be booster, variant, booster, no vaccine no enter, no vaccine cert no job, even though none of the vaccines can prevent you getting infected or spreading it.

No one on this planet knows what the long term side effects of vaccines will be as they are experimental, except maybe for Pfizer which may have passed the FDA this week.

Now Thailand is on the British red list, if your a Brit and want to know the entry rules just google it the British web site gives full details of entry requirements .

Better than asking on TV it's all on the web site. 

3 hours ago, lujanit said:

How many customers will restaurants get if they demand proof of double vaccination?  Methinks a lot of places will ignore that requirement just to make some money.

I asked my Thai wife what she thought about checking the papers of all customers? She just laughed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

you simply order online at the NHS and a max of two packs per week is delivered - all free of charge. 

nothing from any government is free, its taxpayer funded, i.e. anything you get from them you, or in most cases, someone else,  paid for already.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Once again, Anutin does a great job and is met with dissatisfaction from the bashing retirees. 

This is a good move and puts countries like Australia to shame with stupid lockdowns which are costing lives.

all this does is shift the locked down group from being the restaurants et al. to being the unvaxxed.

which wouldnt be a big deal, except for the fact that here people are unvaxxed due to limited availability, rather than by choice.

here, I think the restaurants are getting screwed, stuck with the operating costs, but limited by the very low vaxxed population to go to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am just wondering if all restaurants open how do to go and verify everyone who is fully vaccinated.??? Is there a policeman at every door??? If that is the case it is good for the protesters because nobody left anymore to control that crowd.. I am wondering what will happen if a family is eating and father is fully vaccinated mother has 1 jab and 2 kids of 10 and 11 years old with nothing....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Litlos said:

Shame they did not order enough vaccines so as to make this feasible, then delaying the time between jabs of the AZ was just the cream on the cake. In case anyone is affected the revised time between shots of AZ is 8 weeks, not 12 or 16, your vaccination centre may have "forgotten" to update you. It is easy enough to prove vaccination of both staff and customers using the Mor Phrom smartphone App so that is doable, but Antigen tests before entry, a dead duck that will be ignored.  Before I get told that the Mor Phrom App does not work for expats, it does. Basically on you paperwork received from the vaccination centre is an Id number that starts with a 6 and is 13 characters long, enter that and it should the bring up your details., certainly worked for me.

Cheers

Thank you for information you have provided.  Could you please help me a little though?

1.  Where can I find information that the revised time between AZ shots is now 8 weeks, not 12 - 16?  Do you have a URL link?

2.  Attached is a copy of my vaccination centre appointment.  I have deleted the personal information, but no numbers and all I see is the reference H1334889, which is NOT my passport number.   Where do I find this 13 digit number you refer to?  I have entered all manner of combinations of this number, my passport number etc. etc. into the Mor Phrom app and it simply states I have not entered the correct number.  So, for me, the Mor Phrom app does not work, at this stage.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. 

Appointment Bangsue Vaccination Centre (Redacted Copy).pdf

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

'No going back'.  No; you open and you stay behind the counter until you drop dead or go broke and when either or both happen don't come crying as this is what YOU WANTED and repeatedly whined and cried about !

By the way; all very well opening and supposedly spending millions  on staff testing etc etc but where are the customers and 'Tourists' coming from ?

easy--- The sand Box, free spades, free plastic toys, buy one get one free, easy peasy.

Mind you this could be the grand opening incognito, full steam ahead for other certain types of business, owned by velly lich man.

16 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I am just wondering if all restaurants open how do to go and verify everyone who is fully vaccinated.??? Is there a policeman at every door??? If that is the case it is good for the protesters because nobody left anymore to control that crowd.. I am wondering what will happen if a family is eating and father is fully vaccinated mother has 1 jab and 2 kids of 10 and 11 years old with nothing....

You have a vaccine/health passport rolled out like France. Since kids cant be jabbed yet, maybe they would have to be left home. Police or City/Provincial health inspectors undertake spot checks,

Jail and restaurant closure for any owners who don't comply. For those customers who are caught eating without vaccination QR codes or hospital records on the spot fines!

3 hours ago, Litlos said:

Shame they did not order enough vaccines so as to make this feasible, then delaying the time between jabs of the AZ was just the cream on the cake. In case anyone is affected the revised time between shots of AZ is 8 weeks, not 12 or 16, your vaccination centre may have "forgotten" to update you. It is easy enough to prove vaccination of both staff and customers using the Mor Phrom smartphone App so that is doable, but Antigen tests before entry, a dead duck that will be ignored.  Before I get told that the Mor Phrom App does not work for expats, it does. Basically on you paperwork received from the vaccination centre is an Id number that starts with a 6 and is 13 characters long, enter that and it should the bring up your details., certainly worked for me.

Cheers

My AZ in Bangkok final form has no code and the app is all in Thai

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Points well taken.

So if you were the Thai government at this moment in time what would you do?

This would make me rethink about opening up at the present moment....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/27/delta-covid-variant-doubles-risk-hospitalisation-new-study-finds

I would probably plough all resources available into the economic power house of BKK, get the vaccinations levels up (massively complex I admit) and try open up BKK, whilst keeping a lid on travel domestically and tightly restrict international travel.

Having proposed that I have lent no more than a minute thinking about it!!!!

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jonclark said:

The cost to be borne by the parents

For sure!

In Thailand's nothing is free.

I'm not sure I want my unvaccinated little girl (7) going to school just yet.

If anything happened to her I'd be devastated.  She depends on me (parents) to protect her.

The Delta, unlike the Alpha effects all ages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Litlos said:

Cheers

There is no universality in what one was given at an inoculation. Mine simply has my name, time and date of next appointment:

585632056_ESVaxAppt_LI(2).jpg.b80025ef60590c6873aafd119418bee8.jpg

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

There is a lot of money to made in the antigen tests in Th and making them compulsory for testing. In the UK, you simply order online at the NHS and a max of two packs per week is delivered - all free of charge. 

Or, you can pick them up for free at most pharmacies. The approach in UK is they want to eradicate cases, not make money off the facilities to achieve that; it's quite radical. (And yes, I know nothing is free etc, but having just bought an antigen kit (5x) made by Roche for THB1400, it's a bit "freer" than that.)

37 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

4 tables. Not necessarily in the same restaurant.

10 minutes ago, ronjomtien said:

My AZ in Bangkok final form has no code and the app is all in Thai

Yes, I got my office whiz to do for me...still drew blanks. Need to check with my hospital; it's possible the Mor Prom app for this is different to the one I completed using my pink ID.

21 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

This would make me rethink about opening up at the present moment....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/27/delta-covid-variant-doubles-risk-hospitalisation-new-study-finds

I would probably plough all resources available into the economic power house of BKK, get the vaccinations levels up (massively complex I admit) and try open up BKK, whilst keeping a lid on travel domestically and tightly restrict international travel.

Having proposed that I have lent no more than a minute thinking about it!!!!

You'll get a cabinet position at this rate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, poskat said:

except for the fact that here people are unvaxxed due to limited availability, rather than by choice.

Not so, pretty much anyone in Bangkok can get vaxxed of they want. Many don't want  Sinovac, due to corrupt ways it was got or Astra, for another unsayable reason. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

I hear the vaccination rate is at 90% in Bangkok now ... but what is the double vaccination rate?  They don't state that much.

Will the French be allowed to go into restaurants?  Didn't they get the Johnson&Johnson vaccine (only 1 jab)?  The rules will get sticky going forward ...

Yes Sir, the french people on J&J are considered fully vaccinated and have the green tag available on their phone. I know that while I'm french jabbed with J&J and and I got the Thai certificate ...so see you at the restaurant, I invite you for a beer.....

• Like 1