Vietnam's economy will outstrip Thailand by 2050, Thai academic

webfact

15 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

I am really bullish on Vietnam for this exact reason. Very favorable demographics, huge urbanization potential, lots of room for catch-up growth, and a population with a relatively more Northeast Asian work-ethic. I intend to spend more time there familiarizing myself with the country/culture once the pandemic situation normalizes. Pretty easy call for attractive long-horizon growth.

Conversely Thailand over the same horizon is facing the same intense demographic challenges of other Asian countries like Japan and South Korea, but without the deep capital reserves and advanced economy. And it seems too late to build up these buffers before the aging tsunami hits. I'm not sure that there's the appetite in Thailand for mass immigration either.

I think the country will still be a fun place for the next 10-15 years, but unless something radical happens in that time, stagnation/decline thereafter seems pretty inevitable.

You do realize all long term visas are now redundant and a push to drive all farang out of the country that was before covid so that's brutal communism for you and your bullish and want to spend time there.. How exactly? Very poor choice with poor research 

Edited by madmen
  • Haha 1

Vietnam is poised to sign a contract to produce mRNA vaccines from a major firm.

This will make it the "Hub" of COVID-19 vaccines for Southeast Asia if contracts are signed.

Spoiling Anutins vaccine "hub"  that never lived up to expectations and has had as much transparency as a brick wall.

"Vietnam in talks with U.S. for local production of COVID-19 mRNA vaccine"

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, madmen said:

You do realize all long term visas are now redundant and a push to drive all farang out of the country that was before covid so that's brutal communism for you and your bullish and want to spend time there.. How exactly? Very poor choice with poor research 

Darn bruh. Good thing I'm not a farang I guess ????✌️.

In any event, long-term farang visas to Vietnam are irrelevant to the bull case.

But without going into too much detail about how the sausage is made, I really only plan to spend a couple of months in Vietnam initially and then a few weeks a couple of times a year thereafter. I get the feeling I'll be able to manage that.