Check out this huge snake swimming in a water reservoir. What type of snake is it?

On 8/29/2021 at 11:47 AM, Old Croc said:

Hard to tell in the water, but at that size, likely one of three - Burmese or Reticulated python or King Cobra.

Second look - the markings may be a Reticulated Python.

nothing like a Cobra

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 11:47 AM, Old Croc said:

Hard to tell in the water, but at that size, likely one of three - Burmese or Reticulated python or King Cobra.

Second look - the markings may be a Reticulated Python.

I would go with a python looking at the the body diameter, and markings, also it's head looks more like a python shape.

A few more seconds of it out of the water would have been nice, but I guess you were heading in the opposite direction.

For those that are interested a really good site is "Snakes of Hua Hin" You can submit a picture and the administrator is very good at identifying snakes. I am amazed at how many there are around here? I see very few, but people from around the area and in the city submit pictures everyday and there are a lot of very nasty ones such as spitting cobras which I didn't know even existed in this area?

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

nothing like a Cobra

Apart from the length which is why I included it in my size comparison.

It's obviously not one, which is why I, and all posters except yourself, didn't bother talking further about it.