Check out this huge snake swimming in a water reservoir. What type of snake is it?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I would go with a python looking at the the body diameter, and markings, also it's head looks more like a python shape.

A few more seconds of it out of the water would have been nice, but I guess you were heading in the opposite direction.

Judging by the cameraman's ughs and yuks commentary he probably did run. I would have got a closer look.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 5:40 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not sure about the snake , but the guy recording it sounds Australian 

So pretty dangerous then and best avoided if possible.

Not sure about the snake though.

????????????

• Haha 1

When I lived near Korat, I wound ride the bicycle to the dogs in the rice fields to feed them. The female would keep having puppies, but always two or three would just disappear. One day out feeding them alongside a six foot deep concrete monsoon ditch, I happened to glance down at movement in the water. There was around a 12 foot Python moving slowly close to the greenery along the ditch. Looked just like the one in the video. I saw one of the full grown dogs go down to drink only six feet away from the Python…..it either didn’t see it, or had no clue what it was. It explained to me where the puppies had gone…..easy meal for this guy. The locals killed it the next day.

D421D4ED-0553-4AE1-8BD1-81C3BA748123.jpeg

Edited by Mansell

On 8/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, Aussiepeter said:

As others have commented, it's a reticulated python of about average size for over there. It always amazed me as a child that snakes could swim, but being raised in the bush in Australia, I've seen it all. I used to have a Thai hill-tribe wife many years ago, so I saw (and ate) plenty of snakes, though python was seldom on the menu, thank goodness. Where we live now in the northeast of NSW in Oz, there's a lot of uncleared rainforest/jungle, which those who grow a certain illicit 'weed' like, as it conceals their activities. This area is known for the quality of its' weed the world over. The locals often comment on the huge pythons they encounter when  "out in the rainforest" as this area gets some of the biggest carpet pythons known to mankind - 5m long is usual and I've seen them 6m+ several times. Our 90 y.o. nearly blind lady neighbour had one eat several of her hens last year, before the govt. bloke came round and re-located it. We are going into summer here and already, the "greenies" are asking locals to watch out for giant pythons crossing the road, as like most nasty critters in Australia, snakes are protected and there are heavy fines for messing with them. Yes, they make nice belts too, but then, that's illegal ...

Yep Lived around that area for a couple yrs  ????

unnamed.jpeg

Edited by digger70