Pattaya Beach repaired after heavy rains and flooding hit the city over the past weekend

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Water had flowed from higher areas in town to drain onto Pattaya beach and then into the sea. Portions of the beach were washed away, causing numerous ditches and holes on the sand. A video is also attached showing the repair work being done following this weekend’s rains.

World class resort my rear-end.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Benmart said:

I'm sure that the unemployed, destitute, homeless and struggling businesses will take great comfort in seeing money spend on repairing beaches without people, which in all likelihood, will again be washed out to sea.

In fact, beaches that are forbidden to go

What's the point, nobody's on the beach as there is no one there.

The Monsoon is just starting so it's going to be the same old story for the next 3 months.

Oh, sorry just realised that the contractor is obviously a business run by someone in city hall. Nice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And it truly is Insanity by pure definition of doing the same thing over and over again repeatedly and expecting that things will somehow change 

Nope. That's just good business.????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And it truly is Insanity by pure definition of doing the same thing over and over again repeatedly and expecting that things will somehow change 

I brush my teeth every morning...  Yet, by the end of the day, they need brushing again.

I cut the grass every Wednesday, with full knowledge that I'll just have to do it again next week.

Maintaining beaches in a city environment is much the same, and all over the world.  Just a cost of doing business.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, petermik said:

dammed if they do

and dammed if they don,t

we need the dambusters ASAP

Pattaya City would have been in drought conditions with water rationing had it not been for covid, which kept the tourists away.  

They will eventually need to increase their water reserves here, or water shut offs and water sharing will become a common thing in the future.  

On 9/1/2021 at 6:25 PM, Leaver said:

Pattaya City would have been in drought conditions with water rationing had it not been for covid, which kept the tourists away.  

They will eventually need to increase their water reserves here, or water shut offs and water sharing will become a common thing in the future.  

Perhaps you don't remember when there was no piped water ( due to drought ) and trucks had to fill hotel tanks. It'll just be another opportunity for someone with the right connections and a fleet of water tankers to make a pile of cash.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps you don't remember when there was no piped water ( due to drought ) and trucks had to fill hotel tanks. It'll just be another opportunity for someone with the right connections and a fleet of water tankers to make a pile of cash.

As I recall, they were paying people to close valves to drum up business. 

• Confused 1

On 8/30/2021 at 5:10 AM, kotsak said:

Well, at least someone must be laughing all the way to the bank everytime they "fix" this.

It's like painting the Forth Bridge except that only takes place once a year not ten times a rainy season.  It's a job-for-life; applicants must be related to the mayor.

• Confused 1

On 9/6/2021 at 6:17 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

As another member has posted, corruption was possibly involved.  In any case, water infrastructure will have to be improved in this so called "World Class Tourist Destination."   Do you see it happening?  

Edited by Leaver

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

As another member has posted, corruption was possibly involved.  In any case, water infrastructure will have to be improved in this so called "World Class Tourist Destination."   Do you see it happening?  

IMO corruption is always involved in anything to do with Pattaya, but it's a stretch to believe that all of the hotel owners would allow minions to turn off the taps.

IMO the whole "make Pattaya a world class tourist destination" thing is never going to happen because everything they touch turns to dross, as it's done as cheaply as possible, for the usual reasons. IMO same reason Swampy is a lemon instead of something as good as Changi.