People will need to show proof of vaccine or negative test to visit restaurants in Hua Hin

webfact

In the past, there was another dark regime which required a symbol to be displayed on  clothing and "papers" marked to identify the holder as a "undesired class". What next for these transient decision makers who come up with these ideas? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Benmart said:

In the past, there was another dark regime which required a symbol to be displayed on  clothing and "papers" marked to identify the holder as a "undesired class". What next for these transient decision makers who come up with these ideas? 

Usually promotion.

it wont take long for these regulations to unravel, i suspect restaurants will revert to some sort of self declaration system eg sign the bit of paper to confirm your vaccination status or something along those lines.

Also , why are they keeping the pools closed?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rwill said:

opportunity for new entrepreneurs running business selling fake certificates

This green card is digital. So I think not that easy to fake. Except you would setup a own server with all the fake certificates and the QR code goes to the fake server. But I guess this fake server could be closed very fast.. and the cost to setup is also not that small.

it's not only a green paper to fake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Both vaccination AND negative tests to enter a restaurant = permanent closures en masse.

The quote above is from the full linked article....

The headline in the article differs from the text.

People will need to show proof of vaccine or negative test to visit restaurants in Hua Hin

• Like 2

I thought it took a long time to get test results? Are you supposed to take a test just in case you might want to visit a restaurant in a few days time. And how long is the test result valid, you have to take one every week/2 weeks/month ? Madness.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1

What about if you've had 2 jabs, then wear a pair of underpants on your head when seeking entry to a restaurant?.

If you are unvaccinated, no underpants (on your head).

This will also help the restaurant as they will istantly know where to seat you,

Before anyone gets further riled by this the actual requirement to enter an establishment is ....

A "green card" (on the app) to show you have been fully vaccinated

OR

A "yellow card" (on the app) to show you have had CVID and are now recovered.

It's REALLY important to look at the linked article in these posts IMHO to define the what is the FULL story rather what you THINK the story is from the paraphrased text that starts the thread.

Worrying times, in the west businesses can't discriminate against people based on sexual orientation, gender (or lack thereof) or ethnicity but they can be mandated to discriminate against people who have not been vaccinated.

What on earth is going on with the world! As a business you should be allowed to let in and deal with exactly who you want for you own reasons, things are getting so scary.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

Overly dramatic ? Every nation state on the planet needs papers before you can travel. Have you tried to get into Australia wihtout a Passport ? Hell even Australians can't get into Australia at the moment. I can't even cross internal state borders in Australia without even more papers and being anointed as chosen, If you try and are caught you will be jailed, albeit not gassed.  No need to channel Nazi Germany, you can just point to Australia.

Edited by BumGun
  • Like 1

and who is going to check it???? the police at every restaurant door?? Restaurant owners pay police to leave them alone so probably thy won't check... Same with loud music police never shows up if you complain.. So the question remains..who is going to check???

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but no where in that linked article with the exception of the title does the name "Hua Hin" appear.  The article solely discusses measures in "Dark-Red Zones." 
Now, I don't live in Hua Hin, so I don't know its "Zone" designation although I thought people from BKK were traveling to Hua Hin to escape the lockdown measures.  Did they make another Dark Red Zone by spreading the virus nationwide like the mass exodus did during Songkran?
So if Hua Hin is designated a "Dark-Red Zone" then the generic rules for "Dark-Red Zones" applies. Otherwise they don't.

A more applicable and accurate title should be, "People will need to show proof of vaccine or negative test to visit restaurants in Dark-Red Zones nationwide which now includes Hua Hin."

6 hours ago, Whale said:

Before anyone gets further riled by this the actual requirement to enter an establishment is ....

A "green card" (on the app) to show you have been fully vaccinated

OR

A "yellow card" (on the app) to show you have had CVID and are now recovered.

It's REALLY important to look at the linked article in these posts IMHO to define the what is the FULL story rather what you THINK the story is from the paraphrased text that starts the thread.

Sure, that's what the headline says but this is what the actual article says :

However, restaurants located in ‘dark red zones’ will be required to ensure that all staff must have two doses of vaccine and be tested with antigen test kits every 5-7 days. Customers are also required to show proof of vaccination and have negative tests before entering restaurants.

So here you are telling people to read the article when you clearly hadn't read it yourself.

Something's wrong with the article, theoldgit mentions the headline contradicts the article - that's right - it does.

So which one is correct? It's not possible to determine this from reading the article.

Don't forget where you are.....this is Thailand - so for now I'm working on the assumption that whichever system they go with will be the most ludicrous and unworkable version possible to imagine - tests for everyone, every time and all the time.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:05 AM, ikke1959 said:

and who is going to check it???? the police at every restaurant door?? Restaurant owners pay police to leave them alone so probably thy won't check... Same with loud music police never shows up if you complain.. So the question remains..who is going to check???

Looks like an increase in the baksheesh ciuld be on the cards.