Thailand reports declining COVID-19 cases for the 4th consecutive day

webfact

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

In the UK the number of hospitalisations and deaths is tiny compared to previous waves. Yes infection rates are high, but death/hospitalisation numbers are the important numbers now. Those numbers are now at an acceptable level versus other illnesses. 

Try to be more positive. 

And also just to add, all of us posting on here are still alive and well. Let's be optimistic, yes. We've survived so far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

In the UK the number of hospitalisations and deaths is tiny compared to previous waves. Yes infection rates are high, but death/hospitalisation numbers are the important numbers now. Those numbers are now at an acceptable level versus other illnesses. 

Try to be more positive. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/covid-scotland-hospitality-businesses-demand-clarity-as-jason-leitch-hints-sections-of-society-could-be-switched-off-3364754

Sorry.

2 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Re: my bar not going to have a high season. I can skip another high season of bars and wait out for how these vaccinations play out. One day Thailand will open to unvaccinated tourists, i will get busy with other activities waiting for this madness to settle down. I’m sure i just had covid a month ago and i consider it silly to submit myself to the vaccination if i already have the natural immunity.

Good sense, that.

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

In the UK the number of hospitalisations and deaths is tiny compared to previous waves. Yes infection rates are high, but death/hospitalisation numbers are the important numbers now

That is only applicable in countries with high rates of vaccination which Thailand is not one of them, the reality in Thailand is that they are good at hiding things especially when it comes to deaths simply because they do not have a mechanism or process like we do in the west, you have to look at the variables here (the known) and then guess the reasons and conclusions - last years is a fine example

- excess deaths that did not reduce 

- excess deaths on the roads reduced dramatically because nobody was on the roads so why did excess deaths not 

- Deaths with reported cause of "viral pneumonia" increased to the extent they stopped reporting on it (people died without COD confirmed with a test)

the rest is guess work, you have to fill in the blanks yourself 

Like I said - countries like Thailand can hide things very easily  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I’ve seen a lot of them here, every day. Also some members almost looked they wished the numbers were higher and looked disappointed to see numbers going down. Because their predictions went bust.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I’ve seen a lot of them here, every day. Also some members almost looked they wished the numbers were higher and looked disappointed to see numbers going down. Because their predictions went bust.

Again, I've seen no predictions, more to do with your own perceptions, just because the pandemic is seemingly declining does not make past interpretations a doom and gloom predictor. 

Perhaps we like to bunker down if we see a hurricane coming and prepare for the worst, if it misses us then we are all happy.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Yes, its as if some get a weird satisfaction out of seeing everything locked down and people not being able to do normal things.

Maybe it makes them feel like they aren't missing out on anything. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Reputable science that you like to refer to has been saying for 100 years of studying infections and viruses that natural immunity beats vaccinations.

They rushed with vaccinations in Israel, they will still have to go through the process of acquiring natural immunity like those who didn’t rush. Countries like Australia that have been in lockdowns the longest will delay natural immunity the longest. Can’t fool mother nature.

Your statement, "They rushed with vaccinations in Israel" 

Just because of two recent studies, one being from Israel that said natural infection provides a greater degree of immunity from delta, does not mean they were saying that everyone should get infected with delta to protect themselves from catching delta!

Vaccinations are always preferable and implemented as soon as possible. Its utter nonsense that they rushed vaccinations in Israel and really says it all about your outlook.

Recent studies also say 36% of COVID+ patients turned out negative for antibodies after the end of symptoms. We still have little data about post-infection immunity. 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just because of two recent studies, one being from Israel that said natural infection provides a greater degree of immunity from delta, does not mean they were saying that everyone should get infected with delta to protect themselves from catching delta!

Vaccinations are always preferable and implemented as soon as possible. Its utter nonsense that they rushed vaccinations in Israel and really says it all about your outlook.

Recent studies also say 36% of COVID+ patients turned out negative for antibodies after the end of symptoms. We still have little data about post-infection immunity. 

Again Brian, the facts the 'happy chappies' don't want to accept, acknowledge or act upon.

They still think a chicken pox party is a good idea.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

You are self diagnosising whether you had the virus. You don't know.

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-57866661

I hear these stories every day from acquaintances as well.

You could get very sick if you don't get a vaccine. Very sick indeed.

You will meet Mr Covid someday, it's just a case of having the odds in your favour.

Someone asked me to make a prediction earlier, here's one, you won't be able to enter Thailand unless you have certifiable proof of vaccination for decades to come.

Go and get a vaccine and don't take up a bed that could be used for someone else.

Lol, i will take my chances. You can try fearmongering on someone else, covid has been a minor worry to me this whole time and it will stay this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

It's complete madness not to get a vaccine, not good sense.

But I already survived it once? So I'm very interested to find out if vaccination will make any difference to me personally. I would add, does anybody who already had it, worry themselves to death about a vaccine.

Edited by Khabib
Additional

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don’t think any of the vaccines available are approved for anything but emergency use, whatever it means. Normally it takes years of studies and observations. FDA in the US hasn’t approved them from what i read, not that i followed up on that but pretty sure they didn’t. It’s all a giant experiment, you can feel free to join it. I have confidence in my body’s power. Then again, i am not in one of vulnerable groups.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Lol, i will take my chances. You can try fearmongering on someone else, covid has been a minor worry to me this whole time and it will stay this way.

Advising someone to take a covid vaccine is not fear mongering buddy,

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

And not to make a mockery of the subject matter, personally I don't know of anybody personally who has succumbed to it, additionally, I dont know anybody personally, who knows anyone personally who succumbed. Maybe my circle is a lucky lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That is very true, but what about those who had it, and it was nothing more than a minor inconvenience. I'm presuming you haven't had the covid experience yet.

Edited by Khabib
Additional

Just now, Khabib said:

And not to make a mockery of the subject matter, personally I don't know of anybody personally who has succumbed to it, additionally, I dont know anybody personally, who knows anyone personally who succumbed. Maybe my circle is a lucky lot.

Yes you are lucky as that is not the case with many of us. It has touched me and friends extensively, fortunately some were vaccinated, others before vaccinations came along who did pay the ultimate price.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I don’t think any of the vaccines available are approved for anything but emergency use, whatever it means. Normally it takes years of studies and observations. FDA in the US hasn’t approved them from what i read, not that i followed up on that but pretty sure they didn’t. It’s all a giant experiment, you can feel free to join it. I have confidence in my body’s power. Then again, i am not in one of vulnerable groups.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

It's fully approved in the US. Go and get vaccinated and stop watching losers on youtube posting garbage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I will let you guys take my share. Some people don’t find that much value in a physical life, and like to live dangerously ???? Mathematically, farangs have a shorter lifespan in Thailand than in their home countries, i haven’t seen that this fact stops anyone. It’s all about how advertised is the product. In this case fear is the product for consumption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khabib said:

That is very true, but what about those who had it, and it was nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

2 jabs you don't die, no jabs, possibly get very sick, extended stay in hospital and body wrecked for years to come.

What have you got to lose?

6 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

It's fully approved in the US. Go and get vaccinated and stop watching losers on youtube posting garbage.

This means they rushed the approval, skipped years of studies. I will let you guys be lab mice. You can have my jab ????

Youtube, i only watch kittens there, never watched any covid stuff.

Edited by AnotherFarang8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I will let you guys take my share. Some people don’t find that much value in a physical life, and like to live dangerously ???? Mathematically, farangs have a shorter lifespan in Thailand than in their home countries, i haven’t seen that this fact stops anyone. It’s all about how advertised is the product. In this case fear is the product for consumption.

Most of us, if we're honest came here thinking with our little heads. But despite, the shorter life expectancy here, little head had a longer experience 55

1 hour ago, GStewart70 said:

I should've said England. The Scottish gov might want to maintain this perpetual cycle of lockdowns to supress what is now a low risk virus, but I very much doubt the same will happen in England. 

49 minutes ago, smedly said:

That is only applicable in countries with high rates of vaccination which Thailand is not one of them, the reality in Thailand is that they are good at hiding things especially when it comes to deaths simply because they do not have a mechanism or process like we do in the west, you have to look at the variables here (the known) and then guess the reasons and conclusions - last years is a fine example

- excess deaths that did not reduce 

- excess deaths on the roads reduced dramatically because nobody was on the roads so why did excess deaths not 

- Deaths with reported cause of "viral pneumonia" increased to the extent they stopped reporting on it (people died without COD confirmed with a test)

the rest is guess work, you have to fill in the blanks yourself 

Like I said - countries like Thailand can hide things very easily  

This is a mass of contradictions.

Why would excess deaths have reduced instead of increasing?

Yes road deaths were down. By a little over 4000.

"Deaths and road accidents during the first three months of this year (January-March) are likely to increase after a sharp decline in numbers in 2020 to 17,831 from 22,000 in 2019, partly due to the April 2020 nationwide lockdown due to the Covid-19 crisis"

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30404778

What does  "Deaths with reported cause of "viral pneumonia" increased to the extent they stopped reporting on it (people died without COD confirmed with a test)" even mean? We do know that in countries with excellent public health systems that flu declined drastically in 2020. Why not the same for viral pneumonia?

What makes your comment even more wrongheaded is that Thailand had substantial excess mortality in 2020 that went unexplained. A rational observer would surmise that Thailand was suppressing reports of excess deaths due to covid, rather than the reverse.