Anyone using Seretide inhalers?

Kenny202

Asthma been a bit worse lately, always worse this time of year. Thinking of trying a Serotide (used one years ago) rather than sucking on Ventolin all day. They seem to be available over the counter. Anyone know how much they are usually? I remember trying our local pharmacy sometime ago and seem to remember being quoted 1800 baht, and recently saw them online for 1000 (though the website looked scammy). Can you obtain over the counter meds from government hospitals cheaply or only if prescribed?

Any help appreciated

By the way would the aerosol one be more effective than the powdered one?

A definitive answer for you.

Up to about 7 years ago I was using at least one Ventolin inhaler per month. After a very bad attack I told my 'nurse' sister about it (it really scared me).

Anyway she asked why I was not using 'Seretide"...

So on her advice started using it (one puff) every morning. Wrap lips tightly around, one puff and breathe deeply for as long as you can, to get your lungs filled ..I do about 25 seconds.

Started at the lowest Seretide Evohaler solution 25/50 mcg.

The first month I used maybe a quarter of a Ventolin inhaler.

In the last 7 years I have purchased only 2 Ventolin Inhalers, and hardly used them.

So basically Seretide has saved/changed my life.  It's f___ing fantastic.

So go to Fascino on Pattaya North Road where they have in stock. I would recommend trying the lowest dosage first..can always go up if needed. I think the previous poster was correct..about 600 baht+-.

Good luck.

Thanks guys, I did actually get one for 680 baht, sure they were about triple that when I first came here 7 years ago. Its the round purple one. Took a puff last night and best night sleep I have had for years. Woke up this morning and lungs nice and clear. It isn't an aerosol as such, you click the button and I think it releases a powder into the chute and you inhale it. used to be a puffer called Serovent too. It was like a ventolin puffer. My son reckons he gets a generic one called Pavtide. Seems to think Seretide not available in Australia anymore, not in the round purple dispensers anyway

Edited by Kenny202

On 9/1/2021 at 12:15 AM, couchpotato said:

A definitive answer for you.

Up to about 7 years ago I was using at least one Ventolin inhaler per month. After a very bad attack I told my 'nurse' sister about it (it really scared me).

Anyway she asked why I was not using 'Seretide"...

So on her advice started using it (one puff) every morning. Wrap lips tightly around, one puff and breathe deeply for as long as you can, to get your lungs filled ..I do about 25 seconds.

Started at the lowest Seretide Evohaler solution 25/50 mcg.

The first month I used maybe a quarter of a Ventolin inhaler.

In the last 7 years I have purchased only 2 Ventolin Inhalers, and hardly used them.

So basically Seretide has saved/changed my life.  It's f___ing fantastic.

So go to Fascino on Pattaya North Road where they have in stock. I would recommend trying the lowest dosage first..can always go up if needed. I think the previous poster was correct..about 600 baht+-.

Good luck.

Exactly my experience also. Started using Serevent (precursor to Seretide without the streoid) 20 years ago and never looked back. I remember the first day of going out without my Ventolin in my pocket. It felt very strange! Here in the sticks I can buy the evohaler for around 700 baht. 

• Like 1

Is Serevent still available? What is the best one to use guys? Seretide or Serevent? And if Seretide the Evohaler (aerosol ventolin type one) or the Accuhaler (Round disk shaped powdered one)

From memory there used to be one called Becotide too and another called Pulmacort. I think the Pulmacort is fairly strong. Not sure if that would be available here over the counter

Edited by Kenny202

3 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Is Serevent still available? What is the best one to use guys? Seretide or Serevent? And if Seretide the Evohaler (aerosol ventolin type one) or the Accuhaler (Round disk shaped powdered one)

From memory there used to be one called Becotide too and another called Pulmacort. I think the Pulmacort is fairly strong. Not sure if that would be available here over the counter

Prior to being moved onto Serevent I used a combination of something called Intal and Becotide with Ventolin for relief during the day. When i was introduced to Serevent I continued with Becotide to provide a steriod component of my treatment. When Seretide was introduced it provided the steroid component in the one treatment so Becotide was no longer required.

I don't know if Serevent or Becotide are still readily available as Seretide replaces them both.

I have found both the Evohaler and Accuhaler equally efficacious though do make sure that you match the doses. For those not used to inhaling powder (!) the Evohaler will give you the reassurance of a positive 'puff' on each activation.  

Edited by sniggie