Thousands join protest in Bangkok demanding prime minister's resignation

webfact

30 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

If it’s another coup , it will be military.

what is needed is a snap election with Prayuth resignation and a caretaker government.

For that to happen in Thailand, pigs might fly.

Coups require a blessing as well. As do military/elitist governments.

Something to think about.

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

Sorry, typo, missed a "k" in front of "now", reads: You should know what immigrants need to do my home country...

Why should I? I put the "in" where it should be. I do not even know what your home country is. It may be interesting.

5 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

If it's home with all the familial trimmings then one has all the right to be concerned and get involved.

Many, I'm sure, still consider themselves foreigners [regardless of their years] and are perceived this way in the community because of the way they come across. 

Bit of a shame.

It is my home also .

I get on well with the neighbours on one side and the other side neighbours wife had some sort of a disagreement several years ago with my wife and they put up a wall between us. Up to them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Why should I? I put the "in" where it should be. I do not even know what your home country is. It may be interesting.

Sorry, and thanks for making me aware of it????, I try my best to write English that is not my first language - I think you shall consider to join the "grammar police group", or perhaps you are already member...????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

Your response should result in a bit more from the language police, trust you have thick skin ????

Of course some people just can't help themselves, it's called "nit picking". 

....and petty. Most notable are the boorish linguistic pedants who completely miss the picture of just letting it go.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The "blesser" (if that is a word?) needs to be held in considerable esteem by the people for it to mean anything.

And yet the motions proceed regardless of the people's feelings or regard to anything.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, harada said:

You would think that after 90 years of the same BS Thais would realise that getting rid of Prayut under the current “ system “ won’t matter one iota, he will simply be replaced with another of the same or worse by those with BIG money and guns what’s going on with in the parliament now is simply theatre.

You beat me to it.

Just wasted effort protesting about the PM. The entire system needs reforming or it will just continue same same under different PM.

Problem there, of course, is who could actually reform the system?

The only thing I can say about it is that Thaksin, IMO, was worse, and he was popular, so if they brought him or one of his cronies in as a replacement nothing would change except the faces. By the predominant colour in the OP photo, it's obvious who they would want as a replacement. I'd love to know who is funding the protests.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:50 AM, harada said:

You would think that after 90 years of the same BS Thais would realise that getting rid of Prayut under the current “ system “ won’t matter one iota, he will simply be replaced with another of the same or worse by those with BIG money and guns what’s going on with in the parliament now is simply theatre.

100%

The key being "under the current the system".

Democracy is the only solution (even though, as Churchill said, "democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…")

People at least have the option to vote in, and much more importantly vote out, a ruling party.

(Of course you run the risk of voting in complete idiots like Johnson in the case of the UK).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The "blesser" (if that is a word?) needs to be held in considerable esteem by the people for it to mean anything.

Those persons should never have given their blessings in the first place.

If they had not and had condemned military coups for what they are/were perhaps Thailand would be a much better and far more democratic country than it is today.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 6:50 PM, harada said:

Exactly. And certainly doesn't just apply to Thais and their rhetorical stand. The casual Western observations and opinions are clearly no different - thinking that ridding ourselves with a couple of prominent individual/political figures will change everything. It doesn't. 

It's so painfully obvious that the same old cycle continues on and always will. 

The real change requires a systematic cleansing across the board. 

• Like 1