Thousands join protest in Bangkok demanding prime minister's resignation

webfact

30 minutes ago, harada said:

You would think that after 90 years of the same BS Thais would realise that getting rid of Prayut under the current “ system “ won’t matter one iota, he will simply be replaced with another of the same or worse by those with BIG money and guns what’s going on with in the parliament now is simply theatre.

1. Well said. If the Czar goes, who would replace him?

2. If they want him to go, they should give him what he really wants: an amnesty - he gave himself one coming in, and he'll need one before he goes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, harada said:

You would think that after 90 years of the same BS Thais would realise that getting rid of Prayut under the current “ system “ won’t matter one iota, he will simply be replaced with another of the same or worse by those with BIG money and guns what’s going on with in the parliament now is simply theatre.

Not BS but their constitutional rights to protests. What comes next worry me too. Hope a general election can be held in the near future to elect the government. Prayut's government is faux.

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Hopefully these protests will only grow. The more flac the people can give this toxic regime, the better. Any way to show disapproval, any way to show dissatisfaction, any way to show how much they are despised is very healthy for society right now. Hopefully, they will only escalate. The car mobs are a brilliant idea. The crooked and totally compromised cops cannot cite them for any of the drummed up, totally unjust, repressive (covid social distancing) and nonsensical laws. 

Let them have it. Let them know how much we hate them. Go for it. Victory to the youth! Down with the regressive dinosaurs. 

Yep.........the quicker we can get a new coup/coup leader the better.

I think this one is past his sell by date.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The problem with some thousands that attends "the parliament of the streets" is that they are not democracy, they might not represent a majority of the population.

A general election shows better what a democratic majority wish for a nation - noting that some seats in a parliament might be reserved for selected, and thereby non-elected, members, the result of a general election still shows what the population wants, and the voters can still express their opinion by voting "none" if they don't like any of the candidates - perhaps the people agrees with the parliament of street, and perhaps they don't agree. We will not know by speculation, only after an election.

When thinking back on the last periodes with elected governments, then both red-shirts and yellow-shirts come to mind, and chaotic chaos in the streets - some news articles even mentioned the country was on edge to a civil war - thereafter came a peace, which many wished for, and also better economic performance. Just look at stats, unfortunately the better economy with lower national debt compared to GNP, resulted in a stronger Thai baht currency, which numerous aliens cried about.

Looked historically the last 90 years in Thailand have been an ongoing shift between elected governments and military leadership, I'm not sure what is best - even economic stats are in favor of one side - and I'm not sure if it would change in the near future, no matter what "the parliament of the streets", or general elections, might indicate. However, order and stability might be the best for the people in long terms.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh stop. Very lame. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some lame guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or stop bitching, or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such inane statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. 

By saying it is not your country, you are implying that since we do not have Thai passports, we are entitled to nothing, and have no rights. Not even the right to complain. We live here, we spend alot of money here, we build businesses, and homes, and some support Thai families. And yet we have no right to complain, or say anything? Just keep our opinions to ourselves, and be obedient little sheep? That is really a dumb and regressive thing to say.

I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? Please. Next time you make a post, try to devote at least two moments of thought to it.

As long as we aliens are not citizens of the nation, we are a kind of guests, even that we might mingle with locals, and bring some foreign currency into the country, and some of us invest in small business. As guests we follow the host's rules. If we wish our expressed views about the nation's leadership to be taken seriously, and being part of electing those that are going to lead the nation, we should apply for citizenship.

So it's correct, Thailand is not your country, US is your country, even you don't like US and left it. And as there also seems to be numerous things that don't like in Thailand, perhaps somewhere else might be a better choice; you already talked about moving out in other of your posts.

In my view, even that I feel that I have contributed a relative lot financially - "relative" compared to my financial status - and also have Thai family, I haven't applied for citizenship, so I'm still a guest. Therefore shall I follow the host's rules, or leave the nation if I cannot accept the rules...????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2