Combined use of AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs starts in October in Thailand

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Looking for the worst and skipping past the facts a bit with this one.... 

Other countries have been ‘mixing vaccines’ for months - Germany one well known example. 

There is no reason why Thailand can’t do this, nothing is being reinvented. 

My guess is that this has more to do with the availability of the mRNA vaccines which are proven to provide better efficacy. 

Actually, mixing AZ + Pfizer has proven to trigger the most potent immune response of all.  Several studies have been done, some peer reviewed, some preliminary.  I am not going to waste my time doing a search and providing links for the FUDsters who don't care about facts anyways.

Edited by shdmn

6 minutes ago, shdmn said:
23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Other countries have been ‘mixing vaccines’ for months - Germany one well known example. 

My guess is that this has more to do with the availability of the mRNA vaccines which are proven to provide better efficacy. 

Actually, mixing AZ + Pfizer has proven to trigger the most potent immune response.  Several studies, some peer reviewed.  No, I am not going to waste my time providing links for FUDsters who don't care about facts anyways.

Actually, my point was about availability of mRNA vaccines potentially being the drive behind Thailands decision to mix them.... Its a ‘chicken or the egg’ thing. 

Did Thailand order all the mRNA vaccines with the intent to follow a heterologous prime-boost regimen (mix-vaccinate people) ?

Or, given the increase in Covid-19 cases, is Thailand, the poor reputation of Sinovac and Sinopharm, has Thailand decided to ‘use whatever it can’ to ensure dual-dosage and the science conveniently backs this up with improved efficacy. 

22 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Anyone willing to volunteer to be the the first subject who gets inoculated with Sinovac,, AZ, Sputnik, Pfizer and Moderna in matter of 6 to 8 months?  EGBOK= Everything Is Going to OK???   

Sure, sign me up.  Already had 2 of the 5.  I'm at least hoping to get Novavax for my booster at some point down the road.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Anyone willing to volunteer to be the the first subject who gets inoculated with Sinovac,, AZ, Sputnik, Pfizer and Moderna in matter of 6 to 8 months?  EGBOK= Everything Is Going to OK???   

They’re just vaccines and are flushed out of your body within a short period (a day or two). 

Antibodies are created, the creation of more antibodies from another vaccine is not going to be harmful. 

The ‘spike proteins’ created in the body by an (or another) mRNA vaccine also get flushed out of your body with in a short period, thats sufficient time for the body to generate antibodies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

They’re just vaccines and are flushed out of your body within a short period (a day or two). 

Antibodies are created, the creation of more antibodies from another vaccine is not going to be harmful. 

The ‘spike proteins’ created in the body by an (or another) mRNA vaccine also get flushed out of your body with in a short period, thats sufficient time for the body to generate antibodies.

Sadly, you are probably wasting your time posting these facts around here.  I'm sure there will be some ridiculous fact free comments following this that will prove it.

Edited by shdmn

4 minutes ago, shdmn said:
21 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Sure, sign me up.  Already had 2 of the 5.  I'm at least hoping to get a Novavax for my booster, but I'll take anything that is on offer and approved by local medical professionals. 

1x AZ and 2x Pfizer... [AZ-PFE-PFE].... 

I've had two AZ, the last one 3 weeks ago (UK). So I'm a long way away from a booster, but I am curious if I'm in the UK when they offer one, what it will be - a third AZ or Pfizer or something else. The boosters are going to be 4-6 months after the second shot by the sound of it.

6 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

I've had two AZ, the last one 3 weeks ago (UK). So I'm a long way away from a booster, but I am curious if I'm in the UK when they offer one, what it will be - a third AZ or Pfizer or something else. The boosters are going to be 4-6 months after the second shot by the sound of it.

I would hazard a guess and suggest it will be whatever the national policy is at the time - either match, or, if its mix, there will have to an official ‘policy’ allowing that. 

The United States FDA just approved the Pfizer vaccine.  The others are under an EUA(Emergency Use Authorization).  AKA: Technically J&J and Moderna vaccines have not been approved by the CDC yet. Do not know if the Sinovac or AZ has even been considered by the CDC or FDA.  Of course I am speaking as an American and I try and follow the recommendations of the US CDC, FDA and NIAD.  Of course if you are not American then my plan will not apply to you. 

On 9/3/2021 at 10:24 PM, Airalee said:

All those links are to the same preliminary study which is neither peer reviewed nor does it consider long term effects.  I’m not anti vaccine…but when it comes to mixing up a cocktail of different vaccines, I think I’ll sit this one out until time has proven the efficacy and safety of it.

Same two vaccines, different studies. This is as published in Nature Medicine
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01463-x

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

i did not know Germany was mixing sinovac with az or other vaccines

3 hours ago, BestB said:

i did not know Germany was mixing sinovac with az or other vaccines

The Adenovirus and Viral Vector vaccines work in exactly the same manner - the knowledge from mixing Adenovirus vaccines with a mRNA vaccines can be directly transferred to mixing a viral vector vaccine with an mRNA vaccine. 

Of course.... If you don’t understand that because the name is different then there is plenty of information out there to outline the similarities between Sinovac and AZ, how they work, their ‘delivery system’ etc.

I've not seen or heard of any study in regards to AZ with Moderna or Pfizer but did see Moderna with Pfizer AZ is a different vaccine than Moderna or Pfizer MRNA. 

Interesting when it comes to the Thai leaders I don't think they are going to let go with the AZ since they got so much invested in it! Seem they are playing a bit of a mind game with their population?

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I've not seen or heard of any study in regards to AZ with Moderna or Pfizer but did see Moderna with Pfizer AZ is a different vaccine than Moderna or Pfizer MRNA. 

That's surprising when there are several mentioned in this topic already. Including this one:

On 9/4/2021 at 9:32 PM, Polar Bear said:

One dose of AstraZeneca followed by one of Pfizer gave better results than two of either with no additional safety concerns

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01464-w 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

That's surprising when there are several mentioned in this topic already. Including this one:

Thanks thereafter I did do more of a search there isn't lots of data on the testing but what so far seem promising. I got a email last night from a friend who just went to England, prior got a shot of AZ here in Thailand after his quarantine he was given a shot of the Pfizer. Based on research the W.H.O. said " under condition "  shortage Thailand certainly fills that requirement.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Adenovirus and Viral Vector vaccines work in exactly the same manner - the knowledge from mixing Adenovirus vaccines with a mRNA vaccines can be directly transferred to mixing a viral vector vaccine with an mRNA vaccine. 

Of course.... If you don’t understand that because the name is different then there is plenty of information out there to outline the similarities between Sinovac and AZ, how they work, their ‘delivery system’ etc.

Of course I did not know or understand that , I am nowhere near as intelligent as you are and bow to your superiority 

On 9/3/2021 at 8:14 PM, Emdog said:

I'm slated to get second shot of AZ at BPH  October 22.... will they sub Pfizer or do AZ again? I wonder

Exactly the same situation I am facing, AZ-AZ, BHP, End of October 2nd shot. On the appointment slip AZ is already noted.

But of course I would like a Pfizer shot - especially because I have suffered quite some strong side effects after the first AZ shot. Maybe the 2nd AZ will floor me then. Anybody tried to change the second vaccine since the policy seem to have been changed anyway ?

I guess it is not possible to change just on the day they will want to administer the shot. Too complicated for them.

11 hours ago, moogradod said:

But of course I would like a Pfizer shot - especially because I have suffered quite some strong side effects after the first AZ shot.

It is amazing how different people react. I had two AZ shots, and had no side effects whatsoever from either.  Absolutely nothing. Yet, a guy at work with his first AZ shot, he was OK for several hours but was then burning up all through the night, was off work the next day to recover and catch up on lost sleep.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, moogradod said:

Exactly the same situation I am facing, AZ-AZ, BHP, End of October 2nd shot. On the appointment slip AZ is already noted.

But of course I would like a Pfizer shot - especially because I have suffered quite some strong side effects after the first AZ shot. Maybe the 2nd AZ will floor me then. Anybody tried to change the second vaccine since the policy seem to have been changed anyway ?

I guess it is not possible to change just on the day they will want to administer the shot. Too complicated for them.

I am scheduled to get  second AZ shot in October.  Has anyone been able to change their second shot from AstraZeneca to Pfizer?  Having had a first shot of AZ prior to October seems result in you getting banned from getting a Pfizer second shot.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to arrange for a second Pfizer shot?  People who suggest you wait until next year to get Pfizer booster shot probably have had 2 Pfizer shots already.