Thailand Road Carnage: 8,773 dead so far this year - but it's 562 DOWN on last year

webfact

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Did she get the marker tattoos on visor and overhead as well. Mine has it. 

No, I do not have those.... but I do recall once she hit a dog, and had to take it to the Wat, to have a monk bless it, sprinkle water on the offending fender and remove the evil hex!

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/4/2021 at 5:24 AM, webfact said:

2019 was 14,907

2020 was 14,825

This statistic tells me that my initial inclination was wrong: that you had a bunch of inexperienced and/or drunken tourists getting on motorbikes or getting in cars and meeting their demise. Given the drastic drop in international tourism, that thinking appears to have been flawed and that Thais are, in fact, the ones who possess the terrible driving skills. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DBath said:

This statistic tells me that my initial inclination was wrong: that you had a bunch of inexperienced and/or drunken tourists getting on motorbikes or getting in cars and meeting their demise. Given the drastic drop in international tourism, that thinking appears to have been flawed and that Thais are, in fact, the ones who possess the terrible driving skills. 

The most disconnected drivers belonging to the Occidental groups. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

So slightly fewer deaths than Covid which has shut the country down; had millions spent on it; the whole medical profession put on high alert; the population fed daily death figures. Yet nothing is done about traffic deaths.

The post above mine advocates CCTV to inflict fines yet over 90% of tickets are unpaid.  A working police force would half these figures in a year.

Save grandma!!

Seeing the empty highways, inability of inter-provincial travels and curfews left, right and centre - all this combined with booze ban in public ..........  

If you ask me, the numbers overall would have to be considered gone up rather than down, so stop to blow your own trumpet and the the DLT-staff to 21st century standards, insist on a minimum of 20 hours of physical driving lessons given by certified driving teachers and the the blessed experts of road and highway planning to use their brain when planning branch offs and u-turns as well as speed management with green waves through urban areas with four, five and more traffic lights on the very same highway over a 2 or 3 kilometres stretch of straight road. 

I saw my neighbours wife at the Driving licence office, asn asked what are you here for, she replied im here to take my (car) driving test..

She had driven her car to the test center  before she had obtained her licence