The First Time.

NoshowJones

After 15 years in Thailand all I have had is honesty, decency. work done satisfactory all over my house, extensions and car port built, electrical work etc.

My A/C started playing up again with water dripping, My wife phoned up the regular guy and could not get an answer, so she phoned someone else who came instead, he done the normal stuff, cleaned etc then charged me 300Bt which was fine.

Not long after he went away the water started dripping again, my wife phoned him to come back and fix it, he told her it would cost between 800 and 1200Bt. I said no, she tried to call the regular guy and this time she got him, he came and fixed it and charged the same.

So this is the first time in 15 years I have had someone come to do a job in the house and gave unsatisfactory work, and was obviously at it.

• Haha 1

Well no it seems old mate came sorted out the cleaning etc and charged the 300 but probably didn't fix the problem . Was that message correctly conveyed? Regardless you got 300 baht worth of work when your missus rang him he said it would be up to 1200 baht to fix which is what your regular guy would charge. Which to me says that's about what it would have cost to fix. So not really sure how you got taken beyond you didn't get exactly what you wanted which can happen with many tradesmen. Did you ever say stop I don't want it cleaned etc. I only want the drip fixed?