Residency after 3 Years???

5 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Well I did bump in to a lot of immigration officers, their houses are nearby ???? The only one that wanted a bribe I met again in a furniture store ???? I also bumped in to the Tourist police officer that arrested me, his team received 30.000 baht to make the arrest. I did give him a big smile and a huge way, you should have seen his face after me still being around????.

Tourist police are a laughing stock to the rest of the force, especially the foreign volunteers. I was arrested for gambling once and  one of our poker group was actually a volunteer, what a joke that whole evening was.

The IO I met used to be a real bitch, especially after I reported her friend for corruption. Later, she found out I knew her big boss; what a joy it was when I went to cancel my visa. My wife asked to go with me, so she could say a few things to her, but I refused. 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, SomchaiCNX said:

Good luck, after many years someone at immigration told me that they consider only people with salaries above 80.000 baht.  I never found that rule on paper during my research. I know a couple people as well but they had a bigger company than me.

By reading the links I just found out that they changed that in 2008, although I'm sure I asked the immigration almost every year.

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If gaining Citizenship by marriage to a Thai, you don't need to sing the National anthem and the Royal anthem. 

You don't need a Thai passport to buy land, a passport is just for travelling to other countries. 

Did you have to give up your previous nationality or is it enough that you say you will?

2 hours ago, DrJoy said:

3 yrs of WP

3 yrs of extension of stay, Non B or Non O (Married with Thai)

Monthly salary of THB 40,000/-

3 yrs PND 91

Married legally with Thai lady for 3 yrs, if no kids

Fee - THB 5,100/-

Still way easier & cheaper than applying for PR

Need to speak Thai, need to have done donations, .....

Edited by FritsSikkink

12 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Need to speak Thai, need to have done donations, .....

I know people who are already Thai and cannot even put a sentence together in Thai.

Donation - 5000 THB donation within the last 3 yrs

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:43 PM, DrJoy said:

I know people who are already Thai and cannot even put a sentence together in Thai.

Indeed, fluency in Thai is a thing of the past. 

The charity donation can't be recent, ie has to be long enough ago that they don't think you made it just to get citizenship. 

You need a letter of intent to renounce your previous citizenship, but the Consul told me that they will forget about it. There are many influential Thais with dual citizenship, so Thailand will not pass a law banning dual citizenship. 

• Like 1

@sencelebi

Thailand want the 800k but some people circumvent it by hiring agents illegally. Thailand do not want people who are poor.

There are millionss of poor people from neighbouring Myanmar , Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines who would like to come to live in Thailand permanently.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:51 PM, cocoonclub said:

I know plenty of people who got it without any issues whatsoever. Friends, former boss, etc. I’ll do mine this year. Let’s see how that goes. 

What type of visa did they have?

Edited by EricTh

On 9/7/2021 at 9:45 AM, sencelebi said:

Can you blame them? Why almost all the foreigners think they are the gifted creations and they have to have privilege in every other country and governments has to welcome them in their way of convenience. Thais just don't want to change their demographic structure and they are doing the right thing. Yes they tolerate a lots of <deleted> most foreigners do.

Not to mention cultural and religious structure. Bread versus rice, Christianity versus Buddhism, East Asian versus Caucasians.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, Neeranam said:

Tourist police are a laughing stock to the rest of the force, especially the foreign volunteers. I was arrested for gambling once and  one of our poker group was actually a volunteer, what a joke that whole evening was.

The IO I met used to be a real bitch, especially after I reported her friend for corruption. Later, she found out I knew her big boss; what a joy it was when I went to cancel my visa. My wife asked to go with me, so she could say a few things to her, but I refused. 

You mean the tourist police are manned by foreigners and not Thai citizens? That's new to me.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:43 PM, DrJoy said:

Donations to which organizations? What proof do they want?

17 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I used the Rotary Club, they just want receipts. Could be a temple, school, etc.

AS those of you who pay tax know, it's not hard to get receipts for charitable donations ???? 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I used the Rotary Club, they just want receipts. Could be a temple, school, etc.

AS those of you who pay tax know, it's not hard to get receipts for charitable donations ???? 

I wonder whether temples give any receipts?

I just read the requirements, do we have to pay like 190,000 baht just for the residence permit? That seems to be a lot of money.

26 minutes ago, EricTh said:

EricTh - This is for Thai citizenship applications, there is separate thread ongoing for citizenship.

You may donate to Thai redcross, UNICEF, Temples but dont forget your receipt.

Actually, I was just informing one of the posters that its easier and cheaper to apply for citizenship if you're married to a Thai lady.

Cost of PR is THB 98,000/- where as citizenship is THB 5100/-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

I wonder whether temples give any receipts?

I just read the requirements, do we have to pay like 190,000 baht just for the residence permit? That seems to be a lot of money.

That amount is for single candidates, if married with Thai the cost is around THB 98,000/-

4 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Absolutely correct, in case of divorce during  the ' under investigation ' period it goes back to the higher amount.

After paying 200,000 THB , you still need work permit, re entry.. WOW

I have no words

Actually the fee is THB 191,400 + THB 7600 application fee = THB 199,000/-

For candidates with Thai spouse-

THB 95,700 + THB 7600 application fee = THB 103,300/-

Not to mention Translations, Embassy & MFA attestations, DNA certificates etc

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJoy said:

EricTh - This is for Thai citizenship applications, there is separate thread ongoing for citizenship.

You may donate to Thai redcross, UNICEF, Temples but dont forget your receipt.

Actually, I was just informing one of the posters that its easier and cheaper to apply for citizenship if you're married to a Thai lady.

Cost of PR is THB 98,000/- where as citizenship is THB 5100/-

Unluckily, some of us aren't married to a Thai lady.

23 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Unluckily, some of us aren't married to a Thai lady.

Candidates who are single or with foreign wives can get PR , no issues.

Fee is THB 199,000.

If you're salary is above THB 80,000 pm, ur eligible to apply.

They (CW) open applications usually around December every year.