Residency after 3 Years???

4 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Do you know if anyone was granted PR in the investment category. The 10 Mill THB investment category ?

I have many friends who got PR and later citizenship via investment category though the BOI.

My family got PR automatically back in 1989 right when we move our business to Thailand via BOI. It was short scheme offered back then.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

Any idea when the application window will open this year? Remember it used to be around this time every year…

I have seen no announcement about it yet. But I recall the quotas being approved by the cabinet a few a couple of months ago.

The application period started on October 1st last year.

• Like 2

Here's a related question.

What is the most reliable, secure, assured, best way to stay in Thailand long term if am married to a Thai and am retired and intend to stay for the rest of your life?

The non-immigration O and O-A visa extensions are options, but are only valid one year per extension. The new retirement visas mentioned a few months ago sound interesting in that they might be valid for 10 years. The non-immigration O-X already offers that. But what happens after 10 years. 

1 minute ago, nottin said:

But what happens after 10 years. 

Talk about forward planning.....

The O-X option is not popular for good reason.

Some folk have done annual extensions for longer than most would be alive in retirement.

You can always purchase 20yr PE.

I don't see the issue. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Talk about forward planning.....

The O-X option is not popular for good reason.

Some folk have done annual extensions for longer than most would be alive in retirement.

You can always purchase 20yr PE.

I don't see the issue. 

What is 20yrs PE?

28 minutes ago, nottin said:

Here's a related question.

What is the most reliable, secure, assured, best way to stay in Thailand long term if am married to a Thai and am retired and intend to stay for the rest of your life?

The non-immigration O and O-A visa extensions are options, but are only valid one year per extension. The new retirement visas mentioned a few months ago sound interesting in that they might be valid for 10 years. The non-immigration O-X already offers that. But what happens after 10 years. 

After 10 years. you will need to apply either again for an O-X (if they are still available),  be aware the insurance needed for an o-x is only available from 2 or 3 Thai companies , unlike the O- A which has many more options.

14 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

I know plenty of people who got it without any issues whatsoever. Friends, former boss, etc. I’ll do mine this year. Let’s see how that goes. 

Good luck, after many years someone at immigration told me that they consider only people with salaries above 80.000 baht.  I never found that rule on paper during my research. I know a couple people as well but they had a bigger company than me.

11 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Good luck, after many years someone at immigration told me that they consider only people with salaries above 80.000 baht.  I never found that rule on paper during my research. I know a couple people as well but they had a bigger company than me.

As you said in one of your previous posts only few people really know about it........So don't listen or read everything.... Just try and find out by yourself....

1 hour ago, howerde said:

After 10 years. you will need to apply either again for an O-X (if they are still available),  be aware the insurance needed for an o-x is only available from 2 or 3 Thai companies , unlike the O- A which has many more options.

O-X is NOT available to all Nationalities.....

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Good luck, after many years someone at immigration told me that they consider only people with salaries above 80.000 baht. 

Sort of makes sense, otherwise they may get a lot of applications from migrant factory workers and Filipino English teachers. Guess they wanna keep PR for certain target groups who (not always but generally) tend to earn well above that. 

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

I never found that rule on paper during my research. I know a couple people as well but they had a bigger company than me.

This website is recommended quite often though it’s not an official website, of course: https://www.thaicitizenship.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-thai-permanent-residence/

It says, among other criteria: 

C9633A00-EFEF-4177-BD90-6311566D0D69.jpeg

On 9/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, SomchaiCNX said:

On paper you can get it when you have worked and paid taxes for 3 years.

After 25 years I still don't have it as they (immigration) make their own rules up along the way.

Married, adult children (now) , company, work permit etc etc.

Don't mention it to much over here because experts (selfmade) will tell you that you don't know a thing.

Ubonjoe is the only person I would trust on this.

OP is talking about PR. 

But if he is married, has WP for 3 yrs and pays taxes.... THEN he can start to apply for 'Citizenship' and therefore bypass PR and go direct for citizenship. Obviously this might take a few more yrs and he will have to learn how to sing the national anthem etc. But he can then get a thai passport and buy land here.

21 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

Obviously this might take a few more yrs and he will have to learn how to sing the national anthem etc. But he can then get a thai passport and buy land here.

If gaining Citizenship by marriage to a Thai, you don't need to sing the National anthem and the Royal anthem. 

You don't need a Thai passport to buy land, a passport is just for travelling to other countries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If gaining Citizenship by marriage to a Thai, you don't need to sing the National anthem and the Royal anthem. 

You don't need a Thai passport to buy land, a passport is just for travelling to other countries. 

You're wrong. It is a requirement. Im too old and lazy to send you a link but it is a requirement to do that sing song for citizenship

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bbabythai said:

You're wrong. It is a requirement. Im too old and lazy to send you a link but it is a requirement to do that sing song for citizenship

It is not required if married to a Thai.

Others do need to do it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Form that page for being married to a Thai.

image.png.c4662a9d4a652e5568b5405353d027fa.png

Yes, I was trying to help old neeranam who is confused about the whole topic. He said  

'If gaining Citizenship by marriage to a Thai, you don't need to sing the National anthem and the Royal anthem. 

You don't need a Thai passport to buy land, a passport is just for travelling to other countries. '

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

There are a bit more qualifications needed than being married.

3 yrs of WP

3 yrs of extension of stay, Non B or Non O (Married with Thai)

Monthly salary of THB 40,000/-

3 yrs PND 91

Married legally with Thai lady for 3 yrs, if no kids

Fee - THB 5,100/-

Still way easier & cheaper than applying for PR

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

Yes, I was trying to help old neeranam who is confused about the whole topic. He said  

'If gaining Citizenship by marriage to a Thai, you don't need to sing the National anthem and the Royal anthem. 

You don't need a Thai passport to buy land, a passport is just for travelling to other countries. '

He was correct in both of his statements and FYI he has Thai nationality after applying for it.

A Thai national is not required to have a  Thai passport. The only requirement is being registered in a blue house book and a Thai ID card.,

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why not? It's great, especially when you bump into an immigration officer in Tesco Lotus that used to give you a hard time ???? 

Well I did bump in to a lot of immigration officers, their houses are nearby ???? The only one that wanted a bribe I met again in a furniture store ???? I also bumped in to the Tourist police officer that arrested me, his team received 30.000 baht to make the arrest. I did give him a big smile and a huge way, you should have seen his face after me still being around????.