Non-O visa based on marriage renewal

I went to day at my immigration office and got turned down for renewal have already done it for 3 years now. They wanted a certified translated in Thai marriage certificate. I went with my kor ror 22 and a copy of marriage certificate in addition I had a legalized original from the Usa department of state and stamped from the Thai Embassy in USA. But all that and still no they want it translated in Thai with a stamp from the Thai foreign affairs office.  

I thought the Thai Embassy in the USA are the MFA, strange! 

Though I did have to have a sworn translation of the Thai one, to legalize / register the marriage with the UK embassy (way back when they did that sort of thing)

Edited by UKresonant

Just to follow up on this topic, Has anyone heard of this? In addition when we went to the Thai consular office we were told that from the time the department of state in USA and the Thai embassy in USA legalizes your document that you only have 6 months to get it stamped from there office as that document would be expired! We getting the marriage certificate translated in Thai then will get it stamped at the consular office by Thai the ministry of foreign affairs as the local immigration is requesting. Luckily the  consular gave us a break and stamped the already legalized document today from the USA but have to wait a few more days to once again and go get the translated copy stamped.  Thank you