Data of Thailand’s 16 million patients leaked online after hack

webfact

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

I'm out of here. I'm not just saying this. I'm truly out. Not saying my country is better to live in, but if incident like this happens there are at least some programs in place to make the "customer" feel safer.

This is like a 156th hack since I moved here 8 years ago. I truly never understood the magnitude of how 3rd world this country is until covid struck.

I'd say a failed state, but it was never really unfailed to begin with.

Adios

Keep believing the propaganda Pravda.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The department will check the cybersecurity system at the Public Health Ministry to see whether it is up to standard, as well as hunt down the hackers for prosecution, in accordance with the Computer Crime Act.

What standard might that be. Mathayom 1?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

What 16 million COVID patients? 

Have you seen 16 million COVID patients?

I think they mean 16 million medical patients. Which probably translates to all patients in the system.

Hey if you don't have much money don't worry about it.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

I'm out of here. I'm not just saying this. I'm truly out. Not saying my country is better to live in, but if incident like this happens there are at least some programs in place to make the "customer" feel safer.

This is like a 156th hack since I moved here 8 years ago. I truly never understood the magnitude of how 3rd world this country is until covid struck.

I'd say a failed state, but it was never really unfailed to begin with.

Adios

Good luck Amigo

2 hours ago, topt said:

last para from the linked article -

I do hope something was lost in translation.............:unsure:

And here I am thinking that the Thai system was based upon a "We have nothing to hide" which translates to "Whoops, but that would cost money to secure official/confidential files.. here again, no real surprises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

To Mr. Anutin:

here is a popular password you could use, if you wanna make an effort: 123456

(I'm convinced other agencies are using it already...). It's quite secure, really.

That is certainly more complex than "OOOO"

• Like 1

Any information they can gain from my records on there is pretty well common knowledge anyway

or can be accessed from somewhere else.

Lists of credentials are leaked across the world all the time.

I had a private phone number in Oz for about 3 months & then kept getting marketing calls all the time. People & Companies sell them all over the world

5 hours ago, James105 said:

Anyone else looking forward to entering all their personal data into yet another app to prove their vaccination status from October?   What could possibly go wrong...

I like how they say hacked. more like B5,000 passed over. Ha!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The department will check the cybersecurity system at the Public Health Ministry to see whether it is up to standard, as well as hunt down the hackers for prosecution, in accordance with the Computer Crime Act.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the security isn't up to scratch. Thailand, hub of broken data security.

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

The best thing is that when you identity is stolen and you are in big trouble, you can always go to the local police box, where you will find very competent people to handle your case… so don’t worry ????

They can even help you with a new Beamer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

The BP is saying this is fake news and affects only 10,000 people at Petchabun Hospital and is "Not important".

That makes sense that it was records for 10,000 patients. The linked Sanook Thai article in the OP says 146 files or 16 million items were accessed not 16 million people. And no mention of Covid in any news article, Thai or English, only the headline here on aseannow. Hmmm.

• Like 1

When we have no bodily autonomy we might as well have no digital autonomy either. Just excited to have yet another Covid app to put information into starting October 1st in order to dine out.  Don’t look at the logic of how it’s safe to do it now but as of October 1st it will be far too dangerous. 

• Thanks 1