Thailand Laws and implementation

3 hours ago, mikesil said:

Most of the difficulties farangs have here comes from attempting to apply western standards and practices.

Most of the difficulties I encounter is officials don't know or understand the law or rules, rather than loose face, they just make up rules to suite them rather than admit they are wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

On entry to Thailand you must comply with Thai immigration & customs. 

Besides they are all the same. Once I imported a few things from the states and customs called me in. They wanted to over charge me on a few second hand things I had for years, treating them as new, so I said show me in the book where you can do this. They couldn't do this. so no charge. Fight back if your right. other wise we will always look the fool.

• Like 2

Thanks Mikesil, 

Having previously lived in LOS for 15 years and experienced personally the topics you have mentioned I concur.

However, this does not explain why!

There is a legal firm based in BKK which has advertised it's services regularly on ThaiVisa and whom I approached for advice on obtaining a Yellow Book.

After diligently following advice and obtaining required documents I presented self and docs at the local Amphur Office based in Surin. I was turned away. Friends base in Buri Ram in exactly the same situ as self gor their books without any hassle. 

Querying this with the legal eagles in BKK I got a reply. "The rules are applied differently in each Province.

Given the above what is the point of issuing National Laws.

Do Provincial Governors have the power to over ride Parliament and the Senate?

If anyone is aware of a cohesive document that explains the Thai Legal System please advise!